PDA

View Full Version : wilson pro overgrip vs tourna grip

Skooler
08-28-2008, 11:41 AM
currently I'm using a wilson pro overgrip for my racquet. I noticed though that Tourna grip is a popular brand of overgrip and alot of pros use it. I was just wondering how the Tourna grip compares. I am very happy with my current grip but if theres better ones I would definitely give them a look.

tennismonster
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
tourna grip is more absorbent and not very durable and wilson pro overgrip is more tacky and more durable.
I used both and when i used tourna over a leather on my purestorm LTD. i got blisters so i switched to the pro overgrip because its more thicker to me.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
tourna grip is more absorbent and not very durable and wilson pro overgrip is more tacky and more durable.
I used both and when i used tourna over a leather on my purestorm LTD. i got blisters so i switched to the pro overgrip because its more thicker to me.

tourna is for sweaty hands, but not neccesarily non durable. a good amount of time lasts for me! I have a k-95 and i put a leather grip on it and it gives me no blisters with the tourna. i use tourna cause it works for me. try them both!

Nanshiki
08-28-2008, 08:50 PM
The Pro overgrip lasts longer but you have to keep it dry. When you use grip enhancer, I'd say it has slightly better overall grip...

The problem with Tournagrip is that it's harder to wrap and it's not long enough. It tends to be cheaper though.

Lefty5
08-29-2008, 05:12 AM
wrapping a grip is wrapping a grip, no difference. both are good grips. Tourna is more like a performance race tire. Wilson is more like a regular car tire. Depends what you need it for.

scraps234
08-29-2008, 05:47 AM
the tourna grip is good for a little but it doesnt last very long

Nanshiki
08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
wrapping a grip is wrapping a grip, no difference. both are good grips. Tourna is more like a performance race tire. Wilson is more like a regular car tire. Depends what you need it for.

No, wrapping Tournagrip is harder IMO because 1. it's not long enough 2. it doesn't have the angled end on one side

Wilson is like a high performance sports car tire that has great grip and lasts for a year or so, and Tournagrip is like a super-soft qualifying tire that has ridiculous grip but only lasts one lap.

tenisjugador
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
No, wrapping Tournagrip is harder IMO because 1. it's not long enough 2. it doesn't have the angled end on one side

Wilson is like a high performance sports car tire that has great grip and lasts for a year or so, and Tournagrip is like a super-soft qualifying tire that has ridiculous grip but only lasts one lap.

Having a tapered end doesn't make much of a difference when gripping. When you start, maybe it takes an extra attempt to get the right angle, but aside from that, its pretty much the same. When you're done, you still have to use scissors unless you want an enormous overlap at the end.

As for the comparison of the two grips, tourna is better for ridiculously sweaty hands; the wilson one is better for those who don't sweat as much. How long tourna grip lasts really depends on how much you sweat. If you don't sweat at all in your hands, tournagrip is gonna feel rough and give you blisters. If you do get wet hands, it feels amazing!

Really, you have to try for yourself to decide which one's better for you.

Lefty5
08-29-2008, 01:10 PM

a year? ok, then i guess you play for 3 hours a year. nice.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
08-29-2008, 02:56 PM
give tourna a try if you like tacky grips try tourna II

the wise wizard
08-29-2008, 03:43 PM
i think wilson pro is softer, but tourna is like a sponge only YOU can decide which is better

Booyah
08-29-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah i prefer pro overgrip over tourna. pro for me feels better since i don't have sweaty hands, but you should try them both, they are great grips.

Nanshiki
08-29-2008, 05:23 PM
a year? ok, then i guess you play for 3 hours a year. nice.

I was talking about the tires, obviously.

Tournagrip lists about a set and Wilson lasts maybe a match or two.

h7hugo
08-31-2008, 06:10 AM
I use pro overgrip with a leather grip and I 've blister :S

Want to try the tourna as well

meowmix
08-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Sigh... these threads are getting too common. Anybody feel like doing a review of grips? I'll contribute to the differences of Tourna, Tourna II and Wilson pro if others will contribute to supergrab and the others.

tennis tex
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM
tourna all the way:)

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
12-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Tourna Tac all the way.

Vertiz
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Wil Pro Over!!

Donny0627
12-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I like tourna TAC, but have barely used the regular tourna...

Jaewonnie
12-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Both are very different. Personally, I don't mind either. However I find Wilson Pro to be a bit more durable.

tennis tex
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
what does tourna tac feel like

Sensation
12-08-2010, 07:55 PM
what does tourna tac feel like
They feel like a dream: very smooth, just perfectly tacky, absorbent. They are pretty wide too, which I like.

But I had a big time problem with them shredding on me. Especially pink ones.
Does anybody know if the blue or even the white are any better?

CHOcobo
12-08-2010, 09:50 PM
^^ yup tourna tac feels soft but not mushy at all. i've used the tourna tac for the past 1.5 years and loved it. just recently switched to dunlop hydramax. it's the exact same thing but much much more durable and feel. absorbency is the same thing as well. i tested it. lol. i put a drop of water on each grip and it looks like they absorb just as fast but on the hydramax you can see the soaked spot because it grey and it's easier to see when wet unlike white. the hydratac however is tackier but doesn't absorb well. im so glad i tried both these grips.

i've used the wilson pro and super grap, but both are very very very tacky and they give me blisters, plus i don't like how its too much tac. as for durability im pretty they'll last very long (more than tourna tac for sure) but i took it out just days after using it.

everybody's hand is different and thats why you gotta try em all. seems like dunlop's hydramax were underrated. it feels very luxurious too. haha. you have to try it. it's wider than the tourna tacs, about the same thickness.

DrpShot!
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I was talking about the tires, obviously.

Tournagrip lists about a set and Wilson lasts maybe a match or two.

TG lasts me for weeks playing 3-4 times a week.