PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul signs still up

max
08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
. . . in my neck of the woods, it's a sign of professionalism and organizational strength to get your campaign signs down quickly once the election's over. The very next day if at all possible, whether you won or lost.

Why are there still so many Ron Paul signs still out there? Many stuck on the public right-of-way. Eventually taxpayers will have to pay to pluck them down.

hollywood9826
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Max it simple

Ron Paul is the man :)

max
08-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Yeah. It's ironic though that the champion of no-government, low-government won't pick up his signs from the public right-of-way.

hollywood9826
08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Im sure the people that set the signs up want to keep them up there. Just because they feel like he should be running and they will probably still vote for him

stormholloway
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah. It's ironic though that the champion of no-government, low-government won't pick up his signs from the public right-of-way.

I fail to see the irony. Are you expecting him to pick up the signs himself? Frankly, I don't see the connection between small government and signs. I really don't.

I'm glad the signs are up. People should be reminded about what this country could be if people would take their heads out of the sand.

saremile
10-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Talking about ron paul, he's still talking. But nobody's listening? I don't quite get it.

max
10-20-2008, 06:41 AM
The connection between the signs is that the government will have to pick them up for Mr. Paul.

Your county highway crew, or city streets department. In my area, too, it's a sign of good political organization for your signs to come down within one or two days of the election. That's what people do. On the other hand, maybe it's a good sign: that Mr. Paul generated support from people who normally don't participate in the political process, and are not familiar with this custom or with state laws on campaign roadsigns.

GPB
10-20-2008, 06:49 AM
I still have my RP sticker on my car. My boss (a devout Democrat) asked me the other day, "When are you gonna take that thing off your window?"
I said, "Whenever I buy one that says 'Vote Third Party'," and kinda gave him a smirk.
He mumbled that he understood and walked off.

Dedans Penthouse
10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Ron Paul - Ru Paul

yeah, that's the ticket!