PDA

View Full Version : thumb blister

smileydamp
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I have experienced blisters in my right hand thumb due to 1-hbh and service motion. The racquet handle rubs against it in these strokes and perhaps volley, slice and forehand as well.

Is it normal or technical flaw?

Lately I have tried tripping the handle too tightly to avoid the rub and blister pain. The racquet head speed has reduced though. What are your experiences on this?

CHOcobo
08-29-2008, 07:54 PM
it also could be the grip size you got or the kind of grip you got. i used to get blisters too with some the wilson's micro dry comfort grip, they are very thick. then when i took them off and just put a OG (over the original grip) i got no more blisters. now i get blisters on my ring finger lol (with yonex supergrap OG). can't escape the blister.

dak95_00
09-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Play more!!!!!

I get blisters all over my hands from lack of play and then playing again. As soon as they get painful, I peel the skin off to get through the real hurting as the skin underneath is very raw. A day or two later, I am back at it and the skin gets nice and hard and I never have to worry until I stop and restart playing again. If I never stopped, I guess I wouldn't have to worry.

jchamilt
09-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I use to get blisters on my thumb and I just started taping my thumb. Two turns of 1/2 inch tape and that solved the problem. If the tape does not stick place some tincture of benzoin on the area where the tape will stick and that should solve the tape coming off.
What surprises me is that I see pros and I remember Poncho Ganzolas (sp) who tape their fingers / thumbs. You would think the pros hands would be use to playing tennis and would not need to be taped.