PDA

View Full Version : Quick! What's in your changer?

Craig Sheppard
02-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Ok guys we haven't had a post like this in a long time... What's in your CD player or CD changer right now? (tech weenies, what's on your mp3 player--try to limit to a few albums). I'll start it off:

6 disc changer in my car:

1. Badly Drawn Boy / The Hour of Bewilderbeast
2. Monaco / Music For Pleasure
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble / Greatest Hits
4. New Order / (best of) disc 1
5. Badly Drawn Boy / One Plus One Is One
6. Pat Metheny Group / Still Life (Talking)

What about you guys and girls???

hammet
02-01-2005, 02:24 PM
metallica- master of puppets
alice in chains- dirt
pink flyod- dark side of the moon
alice in chains- jar of flies
megadeth
:D

tykrum
02-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Coldplay - Parachutes
Dave Matthews Band - Live at Red Rocks
Kanye West - College Dropout
The Beatles - 1967-70
Incubus - Live in Sweden
O.A.R. - 34th and 8th
I have about 2000 songs on my computer, and that's where I usually listen to music, so its usually not full albums for me.

Baseline Basher
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
I've got Jet-Get Born in my CD player at the moment.

ty slothrop
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
ltj bukem - progression sessions 10
ltj bukem - progression sessions 10 w/vocals
claude young -
ricardo villalobos - taka taka
luke slater - freek funk
jeff mills - live at the liquid room

and when i get tired of one of these...ozzy and lita ford, followed by some skynyrd, man!

schaefferm46
02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Coldplay - Parachutes
Dave Matthews Band - Live at Red Rocks
Kanye West - College Dropout
The Beatles - 1967-70
Incubus - Live in Sweden
O.A.R. - 34th and 8th
I have about 2000 songs on my computer, and that's where I usually listen to music, so its usually not full albums for me.
great music choices

Kirko
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
John Lee Hooker "The ultimate collection" 1947 - 1987 , Moody Blues "To our childrens children". Beatles 65 , "The best of Slim Harpo and "Kind of Blue" Miles Davis.

Coda
02-01-2005, 09:27 PM
The Cure - Greatest Hits
Get up Kids - 4 minute mile
The Shins - Know Yer Onion
Piebald - We are the only friends we have
Beatles - Greatest Hits
Strokes - Is this it?

jayserinos99
02-01-2005, 10:44 PM
jurassic 5
talib kweli
mos def
roots
heiroglyphics
souls of mischief
dr. octagon

i'm in a hiphop mood.

Cypo
02-02-2005, 01:56 AM
Bruce Hornsby - That's just the way it is
Talking Heads - Same as it ever was
Norah Jones - Feeling the Same Way
David Bowie - Changes
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will the Circle be Unbroken ?

tennis4you
02-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Garbage CD

Brettolius
02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
craig-good call on the metheny, are you into any similar artists? for instance alan holdsworth, john mcglaughlin, john scofield, i guess any fusion type stuff? i'm a musician so i love all that technical stuff as well as old jazz. besides that i've been listening to the beatles, u2, the streets (which is bizarre), frank zappa(the most bizarre,but brilliant) tool, and outkast.

Craig Sheppard
02-02-2005, 11:22 AM
craig-good call on the metheny, are you into any similar artists? for instance alan holdsworth, john mcglaughlin, john scofield, i guess any fusion type stuff? i'm a musician so i love all that technical stuff as well as old jazz. besides that i've been listening to the beatles, u2, the streets (which is bizarre), frank zappa(the most bizarre,but brilliant) tool, and outkast.
Hey Brettolius, thx, but not really into a lot of other artists like Metheny. A friend of mine who I respect a lot played him for me once, and I was amazed at his technical skill and sound...I have 2 of his albums. We're both programmers and find jazz and fusion is good music to code too--smooth, good mood music for the background. I do play a little guitar on the side, but mostly learn classical guitar pieces though. Sad to say I haven't heard of the other fusion artists you mentioned. Hey I love the Beatles and U2 of course, heard a few singles by the Streets... About as bizarre as I go is the Flaming Lips--Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is a killer album.

drakulie
02-02-2005, 11:35 AM
U2-war!!!!!!!!!!

Brettolius
02-02-2005, 11:54 AM
word on the yoshimi album, was definitely one of my faves last year, kinda seems like something the beatles would have done if they had the technology, well, that's a stretch, but in the same vein. and cypo ,how could i have forgotten, that damn bowie album was in my car for like a week till i reached my lazy ***** behind me and got my cd book to change it. it's one of those deals where you forgot what's in your player, it starts and your like " i gotta get this out, tired of it" but before you find anything else, you're feeling it. and just leave it in. a "bowie trap" perhaps? oo ooo hah haha...no, that was pitiful. not even if you pronounce "bowie" like the knife...lame, sorry

norcal
02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
rancid
transplants
UFO
smashing pumpkins
the WHO
beetles

Cobra Tennis
02-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Phish Hampton Comes Alive disc 2

Trey anastasio Plasma Disc 1