PDA

View Full Version : robredo playing with watch?

goldenhawktennis
08-29-2008, 06:29 PM
was watching the robredo vs safin match and noticed robredo wearing a watch on his left hand. did he accidentally leave it on or does he usually play with a watch on? i realize he is a righty and uses a 1hbh but still seems a bit odd

Bogie
08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
robredo has always played with a watch on. i guess it doesnt bother him so he just keeps it on. volandri does the same thing

goldenhawktennis
08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
robredo has always played with a watch on. i guess it doesnt bother him so he just keeps it on. volandri does the same thing

oh okay thanks, i dont really see the point in it though, i mean they keep track of both the actual time and match length on the scoreboard so why does he need the watch

bumblebee
08-29-2008, 07:08 PM
idk... maybe its jst something dat feels good when he plays...

kabob
08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Justine Henin played with a fancy Rolex on her wrist before she retired. I think it was one of those quirky habits that pro athletes develop for good luck or consistency.

TennisInPleasanton
08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Justine Henin played with a fancy Rolex on her wrist before she retired. I think it was one of those quirky habits that pro athletes develop for good luck or consistency.

and professional athletes are some of the most superstitious people out there. that's why I am always entertained to watch KEifer's superstious antics when he plays :)

mdjenders
08-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Robredo has been sponsored by TW Steel watches for a long time. He might like their watches, but he wears them on court for the sponsorship deal. I also think its interesting that he is still wearing his turquoise Tacchini stuff when Darcis and Rochus were sporting the new collection. Robredo's stuff looks nicer.

Vermillion
08-30-2008, 12:47 AM
It's in his contract with the sponsor to wear his watch. probably gets paid extra instead of just wearing one after matches and in practice. (ala federah)

therogerfan
08-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Federer always wears a watch when practicing

kostak
09-02-2008, 08:43 AM
The actual watches pros wear during matches are only the case of the watch.
There is no movement, hence it is very light.
It has all to do with endorsements.
stefan edberg used to be endorsed by Ebel watches and readilly admitted to this.

jmverdugo
09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Fed case is also due to sponsorship, i guess it bothers him because he wouldnt sign to use them on matches.

SempreSami
09-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Robredo has been sponsored by TW Steel watches for a long time. He might like their watches, but he wears them on court for the sponsorship deal. I also think its interesting that he is still wearing his turquoise Tacchini stuff when Darcis and Rochus were sporting the new collection. Robredo's stuff looks nicer.

He did the same last season where he wore the salmon coloured polo from the clay tournaments through to the end of the season :?

AR15
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Wearing a watch would probably be less detrimental to your game than wearing big floppy earings, necklaces, or having your foreskin pierced.