PDA

View Full Version : LOL Chad Johnson.... He changed his name

soyizgood
08-29-2008, 08:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377

Now he can display his new last name with pride. He's now Mr. Ocho Cinco. Take that, NFL!

Dr. Acula
08-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Looks like someone just took over the number one spot on the "people I would like to punch in the crotch" list.

NickC
08-30-2008, 07:12 AM
LOL @ Chad Johnson. He does know that his new name doesn't even mean 85 in Spanish, right? It means 8 - 5, not the number 85. What an idiot.

Nadal_Monfils
08-30-2008, 10:37 AM
LOL @ Chad Johnson. He does know that his new name doesn't even mean 85 in Spanish, right? It means 8 - 5, not the number 85. What an idiot.

Yea he knows that, but ocho cinco sounds better. It will be weird to see him with a jersey that says Ocho Cinco on the back.

FuriousYellow
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it's weird but I can see why he would feel he has no ties to his surname.

His father’s name was Sam, but Chad did not know his dad at all. His mother, Paula Johnson, was not a consistent figure in his life either. For most of his childhood, he was raised by his grandparents, Bessie and James Flowers. Their daughter, Paula, lived a few blocks away but was in no position to look after the boy. He called Bessie "Mama" and still does today.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd love to see him traded to another team where he couldn't wear #85.

quest01
08-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I'd love to see him traded to another team where he couldn't wear #85.

Then he would just change his name to whatever number he chooses in his next team.

hollywood9826
08-31-2008, 04:53 AM
My spanish aint the best but would eitghy five be ochenta cinco? sounds kinda womanly. Plus its not out of the ordinary for sports teams and players to refer to say for example 23 as two three. NBA refs report numbers to the bench for violations in this manner.

The Communist NFL is trying to put a kabosh on these things, and Chad went to extremes to circumvent the NFLs rule on jersey names. I think its a hilarious move and doesnt bother me at all.

Boblarryjrthird
08-31-2008, 06:28 PM
what a chotch hes not even that good!

Max Winther
08-31-2008, 06:49 PM
The Communist NFL is trying to put a kabosh on these things, and Chad went to extremes to circumvent the NFLs rule on jersey names. I think its a hilarious move and doesnt bother me at all.

I agree. I think this is hilarious. I don't get why people hate on 85 so much. The guy is just having fun playing the game he loves. The NFL can't be all serious and businesslike. There's got to be an 85 out there for us to laugh at. People say he doesn't even care about the game or his team, but I disagree. You may recall last year he had a celebration after every touchdown. Eventually he stopped it because he said if the team isn't winning, hes got nothing to be happy about.

I do think that he needs to up his game this year though. He will look dumb if he doesn't produce. We'll see how his shoulder holds up this year. Good luck 85.

NGRSupaEaglez92
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing jersey sales for the Bengals will go up big time

stormholloway
09-01-2008, 04:08 PM
My spanish aint the best but would eitghy five be ochenta cinco? sounds kinda womanly. Plus its not out of the ordinary for sports teams and players to refer to say for example 23 as two three. NBA refs report numbers to the bench for violations in this manner.

He's not just circumventing jersey names. He's changing his name. Not only has he changed his name, but he's *******ized the Spanish language in doing so.

It's cheesy. It's tasteless. It's childish.

hollywood9826
09-02-2008, 04:41 AM
He's not just circumventing jersey names. He's changing his name. Not only has he changed his name, but he's *******ized the Spanish language in doing so.

It's cheesy. It's tasteless. It's childish.

How has he done anything wrong to spanish language?

Ocho is eight and cinco is five, is it not?

As in "aiight eight five its third and 8, im gonna hit you on a quick slant, we need this first down"

or in B-Ball

"Blocking foul on number eight five, red. Two Shots"

Its not uncommon in sports for the number to be referred to as separate. Its quite common is baseball to not say twenty-two, but simply two-two.

Now if only Rod Smart was still playing he could change his name to Rod He Hate Me