PDA

View Full Version : Pick Up

william7gr
08-30-2008, 02:05 PM
How do you guys pick up a ball on the court. I bounce it with the racquet. Does anyone have a unique pick up and if you do explain it to the rest of us.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-30-2008, 04:25 PM
1. Bend down
2. Pick up ball
3. Place in pocket.

Z-Man
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I push the ball against the side of my foot with the racquet and raise it up, let it bounce, then hit it with my racquet to bounce it up to my hand. My grandmother taught me how to do this when I was about 6.

xtrakewl
08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
1. Bend down
2. Pick up ball
3. Place in pocket.

i perfer this technique

counter_puncher
08-31-2008, 12:26 AM
1. Bend down
2. Pick up ball
3. Place in pocket.

I do not prefer this technique as it requires excess spinal cord movement. Personally, I use the triple racket bounce on ball method.

volusiano
08-31-2008, 01:27 AM
I do not prefer this technique as it requires excess spinal cord movement. Personally, I use the triple racket bounce on ball method.

If the ball is right at my foot, I'd pick it up by hand. But if it's a little bit further away, I also prefer the triple racket bounce on the ball. Be prepared to have some scratch/paint chipped off the head of your racket doing this way, though. Sooner or later, you will misjudge once in a while and tap your racket head on the ground and not on the ball by accident.

Loco4Tennis
08-31-2008, 03:34 AM
here is a cool video on this

by the way, "jedi master" way is how i roll :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_Ac-wtTic

Loco4Tennis
08-31-2008, 03:37 AM
1. Bend down
2. Pick up ball
3. Place in pocket.

i cal this the "penny technique",,, as in: ahhh look, i found a penny, bend down, pick up, place in pocket :-D

PROTENNIS63
08-31-2008, 07:57 AM
1. Bend down
2. Pick up ball
3. Place in pocket.

very interesting... never thought of that :)

uni
08-31-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a cool way, its hard to explain but i saw a pro do it before and i started.

ok, so u see a ball on the ground so u but it in between both feet. then u use ur right foot to role it up ur left and then kick it down with ur right heel. the ball then bounces off the ground and in the air where u can catch it

dr_punk
08-31-2008, 10:31 AM
depends how where i'm standing and my distance to the ball. i'm a virtuoso with ball picking up, what can I say

LuckyR
08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
If I am near the back stop I will scoop it up off the fence with my racquet and catch it off of the bounce.

mattp420
08-31-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a cool way, its hard to explain but i saw a pro do it before and i started.

ok, so u see a ball on the ground so u but it in between both feet. then u use ur right foot to role it up ur left and then kick it down with ur right heel. the ball then bounces off the ground and in the air where u can catch it

Similar to this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKthsMsAuM&feature=related

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-31-2008, 03:45 PM

Dude, how old are you that you can't bend down because it hurts your back? Bend the knees instead.

LuckyR
08-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Dude, how old are you that you can't bend down because it hurts your back? Bend the knees instead.

Your time will come...

uni
08-31-2008, 09:43 PM
no its a different way, the nadal way is like rolling up the ball on the front of his shoe. I can kinda do that too, but my way, i kick the ball down with my heel so that the ball bounces off the ground and onto my racket