PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about picking a college

Tantalar
08-30-2008, 08:23 PM
I will be finishing up at a community college fairly soon and would like to transfer to a college that will have a tennis team with red clay courts. If at all possible I would like to stay in the north east part of the U.S. But I know that it would probably be unlikely to have red clay in the north east.

I would be majoring in recreation/ some sort of fitness major and I would want to play division 3 possible division 2 tennis. Does anyone know a good school to go to where I can play tennis? Also, indoor tennis is even better so if you know a good school that has indoor courts that would be worth mentioning also. Thanks!

NickC
08-31-2008, 08:04 AM
I can't think of one that has red clay courts. Why? Because NCAA sanctioned play is only allowed on hard courts, thus it would make no sense for a school to have red clay courts instead of hard courts, as it would force them to either play all their matches away from home, or get DQ'd from their home matches. Also, why would they have red clay courts as their main courts as everyone else has hard? Wouldn't it put that school's players at a slight disadvantage?

Also, where in the Northeast are you? If you're looking to stay in the Northeast I know of plenty of great teams.

junbug
08-31-2008, 08:57 AM
head to head team matches will not be done on clay. maybe a few tournaments here and there. but not league matches. the NCAA's are all on decoturf.
there are plenty of college teams looking for players. all you have to do is submit a resume of your tennis accomplishments and video of yourself to ALL the colleges and universities. someone will be calling. so if i were you, i would be getting my resume and video together and sending them out.

Tantalar
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Nicholas, I am in Connecticut I really like it here :) What schools did you know around here?

verdasco
09-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Trinity (CT) is a good D3 school.