PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fans?

mitsuki
09-01-2008, 12:10 AM
The NFL season is starting up again and I'm a diehard Steelers fan, but no one i hang out with even acknowledges that theyre a decent team. Any fans here?

Phil
09-01-2008, 09:18 AM
The NFL season is starting up again and I'm a diehard Steelers fan, but no one i hang out with even acknowledges that theyre a decent team.
Jealously and denial-that's all it is...

Any fans here?
Oh, don't worry, we're out there-EVERYWHERE!

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars.asp

http://www.tattooblog.org/images/steelers1.jpg

Breaker
09-01-2008, 09:32 AM
The NFL season is starting up again and I'm a diehard Steelers fan, but no one i hang out with even acknowledges that theyre a decent team. Any fans here?

You have some smart friends.

xtrakewl
09-01-2008, 09:37 AM
im a fan:)

waxnator
09-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I live in Seattle...good luck finding a Stealer fan up here! :)

mitsuki
09-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Ah, the Seahawks are my favorite NFC team, but overall I'd still pick the Steelers.

fantom
09-02-2008, 05:21 AM

YES! We are everywhere!

ezekiel114
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
S-t-e-e-l-e-r-s
Steelers!!!

LanEvo
09-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Indianapolis Colts are better

iplaybetter
09-02-2008, 06:38 PM
*pukes on computer*

ravens all the way, your terrible towle is not even a worthy doormat

mitsuki
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I respect the ravens for almost beating the patriots and the colts for peyton manning, but I think that the steeler's could take them when the team is healthy.

CanadianChic
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Go Stillers!!! :D

Phil
12-14-2008, 05:58 PM
*pukes on computer*

ravens all the way, your terrible towle is not even a worthy doormat
And which team collectively had a terrible towel shoved down their throats today? WHO was absolutely STIFLED? I'll give you one guess.

pfchang
12-14-2008, 06:23 PM
no offense y'all, but the steelers totally do not deserve that superbowl win of theirs.

the playoff game against indy should have totally been indy's and even the superbowl against the seahawks had TERRIBLE officiating.

especially the offensive pass interference, and ben's little shuffle into the endzone.

complete BS.

BullDogTennis
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
hahha, stealers get to get beat by the titans next week! and ill be there to witness it :)

pfchang
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
hahha, stealers get to get beat by the titans next week! and ill be there to witness it :)

hopefully smash and dash get it going again after Collins' "J.P Losman" performance.

Phil
12-15-2008, 12:48 AM
no offense y'all, but the steelers totally do not deserve that superbowl win of theirs.

the playoff game against indy should have totally been indy's and even the superbowl against the seahawks had TERRIBLE officiating.

especially the offensive pass interference, and ben's little shuffle into the endzone.

complete BS.
Sure they deserve their SB win. Someone had to win it and Seattle sure wasn't the better team. It's been almost 3 years and you babies are still crying about this? Fact is, Steelers played a lousy game and still pushed Seattle all over the field. Great teams find a way to win. As for the Indy playoff game, the officials screwed the Steelers out of a touchdown, giving the ball back to Indy (who scored). You have nothing to say about that, obviously. Figures, with someone with an address in Buffalo-talk about wasted opportunities and choking...

hollywood9826
12-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Phil,

I'm not sure if anybody deserved to win that super bowl. Or if any team has ever deserved to win anything.

But the Steelers won it because they were the better team that day, and so they were the champs and can always claim to be. But it was the worst played SB I have seen on both sides. Seatlle failed to mange the clock and aside from a few trick plays Pitt didnt to anything memorable.

shintan17
12-15-2008, 06:19 AM
I don't even wanna think about that SB anymore...I played Seattle/Over and it was a hell...!!

Dedans Penthouse
12-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Pro, con or indifferent, I will say this for the Steelers: they've provided two back-to-back very entertaining games for the 'non-Pittburgh-affiliated' football viewer. Their a pretty gritty team that seems to stick together when the proverbial "going gets tough" and that's pretty good trait to draw on come playoff time. Last week's Steeler game against Dallas may not have won 'style points' but I though it--just like yesterday--was pretty compelling (gritty) football as well....and I have to admit that Dallas (at Pitt) showed some grit there in the cold/on the road. Though I thought yesterday's (Pitt-Balt) "reviewed" catch at the end was a Pitt TD (prefaced by a pretty funny/amazing Ben-as-Fran-Tarkington-reverse-the-field-scramble), I'm kind of surprised they overruled the line judge given the "undisputable" criteria that's attached to the process.

As for that Nielsen Rating 0.3 Seattle-Pitt SB, :razz: this is why we have Super Bowl parties in the first place. Lousy game?....did someone just set up a round of icy-cold Grey Goose shots from out of the freezer? Dog of a game?......where's the ribs/chilli/wings....hell, where's the food?.......Another "Buffalo Bills-getting-blown-out-by-the-2nd-quarter" snooze-fest?.......let's go out onto the deck....gotta a light? (smirk) The magnetic Matt Rogaine Hasselback not doin' it for you, pigskin viewers?......where are the hired strippers???........again, this is why we have SB parties: to provide protection from the "elements" :-)

On a general football note, why did Dick Jauron overrule his offensive coordinator (who said "run the ball!") and put the ball in clueles J.P. Loserman's hands? Yeah I know, it's because he's the head coach, but in doing so, he may've cost a number of jobs. One: his own. Two: NOT costing Eric Mangini (and Jet president Mike Tannenbaum) their jobs; jobs they do not deserve to have. And why did Titan coach Jeff Fisher not attempt the game-winning field goal on 4th down? Yeah I heard (because of damage sustained by a prior hurricane) that they roof "down at that end of the field" caused the wind to play tricks, but still....the guy has a cannon for a leg and has a game-winning 60-yarder on his resume' Fisher (and Jauron) are guys I admire, but I just didn't get these crunch time brain cramps of theirs yesterday...... :?:

Dedans Penthouse
12-15-2008, 07:28 AM
incomprehensible previous post due to haste-makes-waste (scatter shot rhetoric/punctuation etc.....sorry) :neutral:

game set match 46 TIMES!!
12-15-2008, 07:33 AM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj166/julianizdacoolest_954/steelers.jpg
count me in! i love the steelers!

you bet the steelers are the best!

edit: it says "count me in" because i was joign the football club...

hollywood9826
12-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Well dedans.

Jauron is an idiot thats why. Both of those Bills RBs were getting at least 6 yds everytime they rushed. Jets were tired and couldnt tackle at that point. So no excuses there. But what surpised me is that Jauron is has cost his teams more games for his consertive play calling then all of a sudden has J.P throwing when nine times out of ten he would have wasted a few plays then punted. is what surpised me.

Noe for Jeff Fisher. He was trying to get his players to gain some confidence and win the game. Collins threw that pass about 2 feet too long. That is not important. What is important is that now they have to find a way to beat Pitt to secure homefield. If Pitt gets home filed they go the Bowl. So Fisher may have just scrwewed the other AFC teams there.

Ben42
12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
I went to just about every Steeler home game from 1972-1993. My family still has those same seats (although they are now in the new stadium.)

But my 10 year old is a Bengals fan. What did I do wrong?

NoBadMojo
12-15-2008, 12:44 PM
some very poor losers here.....

the ravenettes and ray lewis the head cheerleader are sour grapes..;) he's relegated to cheerleading because he shows up late for most plays now..he's pretty universally disliked save for crabcakeville. gotta like the Ravens as a team otherwise though and think they've put a creative offense together w. a rookie QB

i would say the Steelers are doing pretty well considering our offensive coordinator is questionable at best, our special teams are horrible other than our placekicker, and we only have two starters left in our O-Line, and at least one starter was a new starter this year..oh..and Ben still does some dumbass stuff, and we had the toughest schedule in Pro football according to the experts....

some of those towels havent been warshed since the 80's ;O

pfchang
12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Sure they deserve their SB win. Someone had to win it and Seattle sure wasn't the better team. It's been almost 3 years and you babies are still crying about this? Fact is, Steelers played a lousy game and still pushed Seattle all over the field. Great teams find a way to win. As for the Indy playoff game, the officials screwed the Steelers out of a touchdown, giving the ball back to Indy (who scored). You have nothing to say about that, obviously. Figures, with someone with an address in Buffalo-talk about wasted opportunities and choking...

i agree that it's in the past, (i wasn't a major football fan then anyway) and basically **** happens and you have to deal with it.

BUT DO NOT MENTION ME ALONG SIDE THE BILLS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A FAN AND NEVER WILL BE.

pfchang
12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I went to just about every Steeler home game from 1972-1993. My family still has those same seats (although they are now in the new stadium.)

But my 10 year old is a Bengals fan. What did I do wrong?

nothing. "Ocho Stinko" did.

Phil
12-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Phil,

I'm not sure if anybody deserved to win that super bowl. Or if any team has ever deserved to win anything.

But the Steelers won it because they were the better team that day, and so they were the champs and can always claim to be. But it was the worst played SB I have seen on both sides. Seatlle failed to mange the clock and aside from a few trick plays Pitt didnt to anything memorable.
Yes, the Steelers were the better team that day and yes, it was a poorly-played game on both sides. Hence, the better team won. Despite all the hype surrounding it, The Big Game doesn't always deliver what the fans expect it to. "A few trick plays"...hmmm...I call it "coaching" and one coach simply outcoached the other...

NoBadMojo
12-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Super Bowls often dont produce the best quality games. They are often blowouts and poorly played games.

hollywood9826
12-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Yes, the Steelers were the better team that day and yes, it was a poorly-played game on both sides. Hence, the better team won. Despite all the hype surrounding it, The Big Game doesn't always deliver what the fans expect it to. "A few trick plays"...hmmm...I call it "coaching" and one coach simply outcoached the other...

Yea Cowher used his personel to to get the best out of them. Randle el Played QB in college why not toss him a lateral and let him throw a bomb every once in a while.

All I was saying is that's really all remember from that game, besides the fact that it was boring. And because it was boring people seem to forget bout that team. The steelers dont play many a style of football thats fun to watch. But what they have always done is find a way to win games when thery have no business doing so. Thats the kind of long term results you get when you keep the same coaches around for 10+ years at a time.

NoBadMojo
12-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Yea Cowher used his personel to to get the best out of them. Randle el Played QB in college why not toss him a lateral and let him throw a bomb every once in a while.

All I was saying is that's really all remember from that game, besides the fact that it was boring. And because it was boring people seem to forget bout that team. The steelers dont play many a style of football thats fun to watch. But what they have always done is find a way to win games when thery have no business doing so. Thats the kind of long term results you get when you keep the same coaches around for 10+ years at a time.

actually Cower really wasnt even considered a very good coach by many in the know. His playoff record isnt very good at all..Tomlin will prove to be a much better coach I think. as far as getting it done, talent and discipline and character, and not having your players incarcerated or facing some type of criminal charge is always good ;O

as far as your idea of a fun game, lots of people do like to watch a very athletic physical defense....defense nets good teams lots of W's

Aldi Patron
12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
actually Cower really wasnt even considered a very good coach by many in the know. His playoff record isnt very good at all..Tomlin will prove to be a much better coach I think. as far as getting it done, talent and discipline and character, and not having your players incarcerated or facing some type of criminal charge is always good ;O

as far as your idea of a fun game, lots of people do like to watch a very athletic physical defense....defense nets good teams lots of W's

What's wrong with Cowher? His teams had losing records what, four times while he was with the Steelers? Six AFC championships games in 15 seasons is hard to do. Plus, being 12-9 in playoff games isn't that bad, and getting a ring doesn't hurt, either. There are plenty of accolades he's achieved that would make him a very good coach. There's a reason teams are still going after him now.

Now, as a Colts fan, I hate the Steelers. I remember the heartbreaking AFC championship game in 1995, and I remember the Colts choking it away against the Steelers in 2005. Nick Harper somehow being tackled by Ben Roethlisberger will be burned in my memory until I die.

Living in southwest Ohio near Cincinnati, that feeling of hatred toward the Steelers is even more intense from Bengals fans. Kimo von Oelhoffen rolling into Carson Palmer is still debated, and delusional Cincy fans are convinced the Bengals would have won the Super Bowl had he not been hurt.

NoBadMojo
12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with Cowher? His teams had losing records what, four times while he was with the Steelers? Six AFC championships games in 15 seasons is hard to do. Plus, being 12-9 in playoff games isn't that bad, and getting a ring doesn't hurt, either. There are plenty of accolades he's achieved that would make him a very good coach. There's a reason teams are still going after him now.

Now, as a Colts fan, I hate the Steelers. I remember the heartbreaking AFC championship game in 1995, and I remember the Colts choking it away against the Steelers in 2005. Nick Harper somehow being tackled by Ben Roethlisberger will be burned in my memory until I die.

Living in southwest Ohio near Cincinnati, that feeling of hatred toward the Steelers is even more intense from Bengals fans. Kimo von Oelhoffen rolling into Carson Palmer is still debated, and delusional Cincy fans are convinced the Bengals would have won the Super Bowl had he not been hurt.

not nice to hate. ;) there's no debate about what happened to carson palmer....all the evidence showed he was pushed into carson palmer...plain to see. a clear accident..more sour grapes.

you should be thankful for the Steelers training your great coach....;O

teams dont get into the playoffs and win super bowls because they are lucky...they do this because they are good..the breaks go both ways, just like in tennis

SlapShot
12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Steelers fan right here. I've always enjoyed their style of play (I fondly remember watching Bettis run over everyone in his path during the late 90's and early 00's).

Breaker
12-17-2008, 12:50 PM

I dunno, Mike Vanderchoke "Wide right" might be even worse a memory. Man that was a bad kick.

Aldi Patron
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I dunno, Mike Vanderchoke "Wide right" might be even worse a memory. Man that was a bad kick.

Yeah, it was bad kick, but anybody who ever watched the Colts up to that point knew he was going to miss. Nick Harper had to run that fumble back for Indy to win.

While I do "strongly dislike" the Steelers, other than Joey Porter, I've never actually disliked any one person that played for Pittsburgh. I like watching their games, especially later in the season when the weather gets bad. The games might not be very pleasing to the eye, but it's fun to watch if you're a football fan.

Serpententacle
01-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Huge Steeler fan here since 1977, my Y.O.B.

Max Winther
01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Well, I'm a certified Steelers hater, with me being a Jaguar fan since 96. (See Avatar). And serpententacle, for some reason I don't believe you have been a Steeler fan since you were born.