PDA

View Full Version : Palins 17 y.o. daughter pregnant

albino smurf
09-01-2008, 09:37 AM
That didn't take long. Monday, September 1, 2008 is going to go down as a doozy for the RNC. Fizzling convention, hurricane and now Juno goes to Washington. What a great holiday.

superstition
09-01-2008, 09:55 AM
A little premarital sex and out of wedlock teenage pregnancy never stopped someone from claiming the moral high ground before, eh? After all, Palin is supposed to be a delightful choice for Christian conservatives.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 10:28 AM
And castigating people for being "judgmental" never stopped many democrats from being misogynistic and sexist when it comes to Sarah Palin and her family either.
It's ironic that those that criticize others for hypocritically taking the higher moral ground have abandoned their own moral authority by judgmentally calling Palin a bad parent and unfit mother, purely for their own selfish gain.

albino smurf
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM
That is funny. LOL.

NickC
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL at McCain. Palin wasn't such a good choice now after all, especially because your party claims to always have the moral high ground! I can't wait until the debates, if any religious or social issues come up, Biden will have an absolute field day.

power_play21
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
wow. might as well elect britney spears mom to vice presidency too.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
And castigating people for being "judgmental" never stopped many democrats from being misogynistic and sexist when it comes to Sarah Palin and her family either.
It's ironic that those that criticize others for hypocritically taking the higher moral ground have abandoned their own moral authority by judgmentally calling Palin a bad parent and unfit mother, purely for their own selfish gain.

Talk about putting the ol' blinders on. This is ridiculous.

Dude, stop arguing about the argument and just start looking at the facts. This isn't about Democrat vs. Republican. This is about the social direction (or misdirection) that the VP candidate has apparently given to her own daughter. If she can't do better than that with her own family, what makes you think that the American people would want her handling serious global political issues for the entire country?

You know damn well that if she were the Democratic VP candidate, you'd be all over this issue like white on rice. And you would NEVER hear the end of it from Rush Limbloat, "female impersonator" Ann Coulter, and the other Republikkkan righties.

superstition
09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
LOL at McCain. Palin wasn't such a good choice now after all, especially because your party claims to always have the moral high ground! I can't wait until the debates, if any religious or social issues come up, Biden will have an absolute field day.
I'm sure she opposes marriage, gay marriage that is, so everything will be A-OK.

Fee
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Never hire anyone after just a phone interview.

In the small picture, as it pertains to Sarah Palin, this is irrelevant, except for the humor of it. In the big picture, it's time for the Republicans/Conservatives to please stop acting like the Democrats/Liberals are the only people in this country who have sex or want to have sex, married or not. It's just such a joke.

This is one teenage pregnancy and until the Palin family says more about it, it needs to be left alone. Perhaps this was a perfectly educated couple whose method failed despite taking all necessary precautions, it happens. So what? Get over it and move on.

superstition
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
This is one teenage pregnancy and until the Palin family says more about it, it needs to be left alone.

So what? Get over it and move on.
Um, no. She and people like her make careers out of condemning marriages/family for/of gay people. They make careers out of claiming the moral high ground. But, when their daughters have premarital sex and out of wedlock pregnancy, suddenly it's a "blessing" and a "private matter".

Sorry, Fee. I rarely disagree with you, but you're throwing the baby out with the bath water here. We're talking about high politics in America and matters of grave importance. Every one of these people who serve as an expose for the hypocrisy should do so to the fullest extent. Something is always an "amoral sin" as long as it's someone else's family.

Your objection isn't much different from Lynn Cheney calling Kerry a "bad man" for discussing Mary Cheney's lesbianism. The Cheneys want to have their cake and eat it to. They want to condemn homosexual Americans and hurt families with gay kids and yet they want their "privacy respected" so they can "have a good relationship with their daughter".

Fee
09-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Um, no. She and people like her make careers out of condemning marriages/family for/of gay people. They make careers out of claiming the moral high ground. But, when their daughters have premarital sex and out of wedlock pregnancy, suddenly it's a "blessing" and a "private matter".

Gay marriage and teen pregnancy are NOT related. Speeding tickets and gay marriage are not related either. Only stupid people buy the high moral ground shtick from the Republicans these days. Okay, there are a lot of stupid people out there, that's why Jerry Falwell and his ilk are rich, but this is yet another distraction from the REAL issues of this election.

I see you edited your post as I was writing my reply. I'll leave mine as is.

superstition
09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh, they're definitely related. Premarital sex (fornication) is lumped in as part of the "sexual debauchery/decadence" that liberalism (with its gay civil equality) is supposed to promote and conservatism is supposed to stand against.

The two are inextricably linked in American politics, right down to the way sodomy has referred not only to gay sex but to non-procreative sex acts between heterosexuals. According to Christian conservatism, there is one appropriate form of sex act - missionary position between husband and wife.

NickC
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I totally agree with Superstition. The Republican party over the past few years have made it a habit to appeal to the Conservative Christians by taking the moral high ground (or claiming they do). This, obviously is what a Christian would dread, a teenage pregnancy. If the Republicans are still trying to take the high ground, the voters should atleast get to know that the Party is straightface lying to them.

Watch the daughter get an abortion, I'd almost ***** myself with laughter if that happened and the Republicans still tried to appeal to the Conservative Christians.

superstition
09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Watch the daughter get an abortion, I'd almost ***** myself with laughter if that happened and the Republicans still tried to appeal to the Conservative Christians.
That would never happen. Instead, what's happening is the incident is being referred to as a blessing (changing the topic from premarital fornication to the infant), the announcement was made that the daughter is keeping the baby (an anti-abortion reference), the announcement was made that the girl is getting married ("pro marriage"), and requests are being made for privacy (no debate).

heycal
09-01-2008, 11:02 AM

Dude, stop arguing about the argument and just start looking at the facts. This isn't about Democrat vs. Republican. This is about the social direction (or misdirection) that the VP candidate has apparently given to her own daughter. If she can't do better than that with her own family, what makes you think that the American people would want her handling serious global political issues for the entire country?

You know damn well that if she were the Democratic VP candidate, you'd be all over this issue like white on rice. And you would NEVER hear the end of it from Rush Limbloat, "female impersonator" Ann Coulter, and the other Republikkkan righties.

You are right. The right would have a field day with pregnant teenage duaghters and a mother of a handicapped infant taking on a full time gig criss-crossing the nation, and EC might have joined in. But since she's a Republican, suddenly she gets all sorts of benefits of the doubt and excuses made for her.

Perhaps this was a perfectly educated couple whose method failed despite taking all necessary precautions, it happens.

Seems to happen a lot in that family.

Fee
09-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Seems to happen a lot in that family.

What specifically do you mean by this comment?

heycal
09-01-2008, 11:19 AM
What specifically do you mean by this comment?

I'm suggesting her parents had the same problem when they got pregnant with their latest baby.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 11:23 AM

Dude, stop arguing about the argument and just start looking at the facts. This isn't about Democrat vs. Republican. This is about the social direction (or misdirection) that the VP candidate has apparently given to her own daughter. If she can't do better than that with her own family, what makes you think that the American people would want her handling serious global political issues for the entire country?Dude! This is about the level of sophisticated thinking I expected to encounter when going into the morally confused underbelly of liberal thinking. But it's still depressing to see so much dull thinking out there.

Is every parent in America responsible for the bad choices their children make or is it just the ones you don't like? How about you? Ever been in trouble? (everyone has)
I guess your parents did a real Effed Up job then, right?
I suppose that also makes Al Gore a terrible father because his son has a pot bust, drunk driving arrest and reckless driving citation (for doing 94 mph in N. Carolina).

You know damn well that if she were the Democratic VP candidate, you'd be all over this issue like white on rice. And you would NEVER hear the end of it from Rush Limbloat, "female impersonator" Ann Coulter, and the other Republikkkan righties.So much for your even handedness.
Hey, those righties do it. So any asinine stupid comment I make is justified,right?

Fee
09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm suggesting her parents had the same problem when they got pregnant with their latest baby.

I see. Well, I can't say. I know very devout Christian families with 8 or more children, they don't use any form of birth control at all and just let nature take it's course. The Palins could be one of those families, we just don't know.

superstition
09-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Is every parent in America responsible for the bad choices their children make or is it just the ones you don't like?
You asked for sophisticated thought and yet post such simpleminded things.

It's about the danger of claiming the moral high ground in American politics. You, know, the Emperor's New Clothes and all that? Again and again we've seen these morality crusaders (like David Vitter, the leading senator for the Senate's anti-gay politics) exposed for things like banging DC hookers. Yet, people continue to make excuses for the hypocrisy.

Instead of promoting discrimination against gay families, under the guise of Christian conservatism (who simultaneously condemns the "blessing" of premarital fornication), people like Palin should take a look in the mirror. This is like the deal with the Cheneys all over again.

heycal
09-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I see. Well, I can't say. I know very devout Christian families with 8 or more children, they don't use any form of birth control at all and just let nature take it's course. The Palins could be one of those families, we just don't know.

Very possibly so.

superstition
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I know very devout Christian families with 8 or more children, they don't use any form of birth control at all and just let nature take it's course.
Which, given the serious problem of global overpopulation (and the fact that Americans per capita consume and waste more resources) is an amoral position. People shouldn't be having 8 children. They should start adopting after one or two.

This is just another example of how backward beliefs can carry their own price tag of hypocritical amorality—why people need to start looking at the big picture instead of just looking at fragments of the past.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
You asked for sophisticated thought and yet post such simpleminded things.What?? Ad hominem? From you?

It's about the danger of claiming the moral high ground in American politics. You, know, the Emperor's New Clothes and all that?Let me point out that trying to be better morally doesn't guarantee perfection. It's something you strive for but never attain. That's one thing you should keep in mind.

You should also bear in mind, while you are doing your little Snoopy dance of glee, that the left is also abandoning it's moral authority by bashing the character of an independent minded woman because (A) she had a child (oh, the shame,oh what a crime) and (B) now we learn her teen aged daughter is pregnant. What's next? The Scarlet Letter? The stocks?
You'd better look real hard in the mirror before you begin criticizing her daughter for her mistake. Maybe you've made one or two in your life. And I already know you'll say, yeah but I don't preach morality, blah blah blah. But you do. It's just a different sort. One that says we have no right to judge the lives of others when this whole Palin witch hunt is just exactly that.

Instead of promoting discrimination against gay families, under the guise of Christian conservatism (who simultaneously condemns the "blessing" of premarital fornication)We can have a discussion about gay marriage, again, and how it isn't discrimination since marriage is inerently a male/female deal. Would you like that?

people like Palin should take a look in the mirror. This is like the deal with the Cheneys all over again.I don't see how the Palins have anything to answer for. There are a lot of judgmental hypocrites out there.

superstition
09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
You should also bear in mind, while you are doing your little Snoopy dance of glee
Oh, so sophisticated.

Let me point out that trying to be better morally doesn't guarantee perfection. It's something you strive for but never attain.
Especially when trying to be "better".

We can have a discussion about gay marriage, again, and how it isn't discrimination since marriage is inerently a male/female deal.
Actually, that would be a discussion about faulty logic.

Fee
09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Which, given the serious problem of global overpopulation (and the fact that Americans per capita consume and waste more resources) is an amoral position. People shouldn't be having 8 children. They should start adopting after one or two.

This is just another example of how backward beliefs can carry their own price tag of hypocritical amorality—why people need to start looking at the big picture instead of just looking at fragments of the past.

Good luck trying to convince America that Mr and Mrs Palin are bad people becuase they are a married couple that doesn't use birth control. That rule only applies to low income couples.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 11:55 AM
So much for your even handedness.
Hey, those righties do it. So any asinine stupid comment I make is justified,right?

That's not even close to what I said, nor what might be inferred from my post. That's just ranting.

My point is that the right-wingers of this nation latch onto anything that the Democrats do that's even the slightest bit of an issue and treat it as though it's the worst thing in the world. Anything. Hell, I've listened to Rush Limbloat spend almost an entire HOUR on what Nancy Pelosi LOOKS LIKE. I've seen entire political newspaper articles talk about what Hillary Clinton was WEARING at a speech and whether or not it was "appropriate."

So for you, clearly espousing the self-proclaimed right-wing agenda of prudence and highly-moral principles, to deny that there might be ANY issue with this 17-year old pregnancy is absolutely ludicrous.

Or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand. You seem to be the authority of the high-brow debate club around here, so maybe you can all teach us a lesson on how this is a "non-issue?"

superstition
09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Good luck trying to convince America that Mr and Mrs Palin are bad people becuase they are a married couple that doesn't use birth control. That rule only applies to low income couples.
I'm not interested in convincing anyone they're "bad". I'm interested in people learning about morality so they stop preying on gay people and their families/friends/society and stop overpopulating the planet. I'm interested in people learning so things like only less than 1% of the global HIV prevention budget targets gay/bi men don't happen. I'm interested in people learning so they don't ban gay men from donating sperm due to the unscientific prejudicial notion that somehow allowing them to be fathers would increase the number of gay people.

It's a fact that Americans waste and consume more resources than anyone else, by a large margin. Bringing eight more Americans into the world per family is not moral. Plus, we have a global overpopulation problem and a lot of hungry kids who need rich American families to adopt them, or to use the money they would be spending on all those kids to buy food and compensate people for their work (instead of privatization of all resources by global corporations so they have to dig holes by the side of roads for drinking water).

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh, so sophisticated.And accurate too, I might add.

Especially when trying to be "better".Who doesn't want to be better?

Actually, that would be a discussion about faulty logic.If you mean on my part you've yet to come anywhere near to making that case.
And you've tried and given up and failed many times.

drakulie
09-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Which, given the serious problem of global overpopulation (and the fact that Americans per capita consume and waste more resources) is an amoral position. People shouldn't be having 8 children.

Tell that to all the AA women having all those kids out of wedlock.

superstition
09-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Out of wedlock pregnancy, eh? Sounds familiar.

superstition
09-01-2008, 12:04 PM
snip
Whaat, whaat?? You're breaking up. .... snoopy..... .... faulty ..... eh?

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 12:13 PM
That's not even close to what I said, nor what might be inferred from my post. That's just ranting.

My point is that the right-wingers of this nation latch onto anything that the Democrats do that's even the slightest bit of an issue and treat it as though it's the worst thing in the world. Anything. Hell, I've listened to Rush Limbloat spend almost an entire HOUR on what Nancy Pelosi LOOKS LIKE. I've seen entire political newspaper articles talk about what Hillary Clinton was WEARING at a speech and whether or not it was "appropriate."That's true but I've yet to ever read one word about Ann Coulter on these boards without the words
"horseface" or "enormous Adam's Apple" thrown in. Please stop and think how hypocritical it is to argue about how democrats are treated.
it isn't an exclusively republican trait. If you think it is, you'd better stop and consider a woman who has been mercilessly pilloried
all for the "crime" of having a handicapped child. See if you can beat that!

So for you, clearly espousing the self-proclaimed right-wing agenda of prudence and highly-moral principles, to deny that there might be ANY issue with this 17-year old pregnancy is absolutely ludicrous.I didn't realize anyone was for 17 year olds getting pregnant. Because you preach a value doesn't mean you'll end up being morally infallible. We are all human, after all. I think it's even more hypocritical to scream at others to quit being so judgmental and then to be just that!

Or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand. You seem to be the authority of the high-brow debate club around here, so maybe you can all teach us a lesson on how this is a "non-issue?"It is an issue, if you want to make it one. I hope you were just as hard on Al Gore when his drunk(been arrested), fat pot smoking(been arrested again) son was arrested, yet again, for doing 94mph on a N. Carolina interstate.
Because if now parents are liable for their kid's misbehavior, unless Al Gore approves of Al jr.'s antics, then I want to hear Al get his too.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Whaat, whaat?? You're breaking up. .... snoopy..... .... faulty ..... eh?This is why you aren't a credible thinker.
Not remotely. And an ad hominem invoking hypocrite too.

stormholloway
09-01-2008, 12:27 PM

Exactamundo.

This wouldn't be an issue at all IF the Republicans weren't guilty of condemning such acts themselves. They want it both ways. This is an absolute Godsend for the Dems.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Bottom line is that the Republikkkans do everything they can to cast aspersions at the Democrats for every issue, no matter how major or minor, but when the tables are turned against them, their only defense is, "Oh, look at those lousy Democrats turning every personal situation into a political issue. Shame on them for resorting to such 'dirty' politics."

It's actually quite amusing. And depressing.

By the way, Mr. Enlightened, you mentioned Al Gore's son. Do you REALLY want to get into a t!t-for-tat with the children of our past (or current) Presidents (or would-be Presidents)????

Really??? I suggest you look no further than the current First Family. There are enough skeletons in that closet to fill a cemetery.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Gee, maybe you're right.

You'd never see the democrats arguing both sides of an issue. ("experience is overrated, doesn't matter at all...no wait, Palin has no experience, she can't be trusted"):roll:

Both parties take sides depending on if it behooves them or not. The question is, is a teenage pregnancy a legitimate campaign issue? We'll see if the democrats are rewarded for not only throwing the first stone here, but the first boulders.

I realize there are some low life types here that have no qualms about exploiting anything for political gain. But how is ganging up on a mother for having a handicapped child and then going after her teen-aged daughter going to play across America?
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this tactic back fires, big time.

Fee
09-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Al Gore's son is an adult, living on his own. He is responsible for his own actions. The Gores did what they could to raise their children, send them to college and send them out into the world. They have a pretty good batting average as far as families go.

Sarah Palin's daughter is still a minor, still in the home, still under the influence of her parents. As I said before, we don't know what happened. Perhaps her parents sat at the kitchen table with her, talking about biology and putting condoms on zucchini. Perhaps she was already on the pill and it failed because of some other medication or whatever. We don't know and its silly to make assumptions. Also, I have no idea how Sarah Palin feels about sex before marriage. Has she been quoted on this subject in the past or is everyone just assuming she has a stance because she is a Republican?

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 12:43 PM

Do you have any proof that they don't use birth control? Or are you just spouting off again?

Fee
09-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Do you mean Andre Agassi fans, or are you really going to make the mistake that the only women in this country having children outside of marriage are from one group?

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=TonyB;2667024
Really??? I suggest you look no further than the current First Family. There are enough skeletons in that closet to fill a cemetery.[/QUOTE]

Clintons & Kennedys have enough skeletons to populate a large city.

So there you go.

Fee
09-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Do you have any proof that they don't use birth control? Or are you just spouting off again?

No, I was responding to Superstition. I never said that they don't, I said PERHAPS they believe in letting nature take its course. I don't care either way, they are married, they can do what they want.

As for the 'spouting off' takes one to know one.

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm not interested in convincing anyone they're "bad". I'm interested in people learning about morality so they stop preying on gay people and their families/friends/society and stop overpopulating the planet. I'm interested in people learning so things like only less than 1% of the global HIV prevention budget targets gay/bi men don't happen. I'm interested in people learning so they don't ban gay men from donating sperm due to the unscientific prejudicial notion that somehow allowing them to be fathers would increase the number of gay people.

So basically, it's all about you. Nice selfish attitude you've got there.

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 12:47 PM
No, I was responding to Superstition. I never said that they don't, I said PERHAPS they believe in letting nature take its course. I don't care either way, they are married, they can do what they want.

As for the 'spouting off' takes one to know one.

Oh.........you said "PERHAPS". If you don't know, then why say anything at all? And you do seem to care.....read the rest of your post.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Bottom line is that the Republikkkans do everything they can to cast aspersions at the Democrats for every issue, no matter how major or minor, but when the tables are turned against them, their only defense is, "Oh, look at those lousy Democrats turning every personal situation into a political issue. Shame on them for resorting to such 'dirty' politics."

It's actually quite amusing. And depressing.

By the way, Mr. Enlightened, you mentioned Al Gore's son. Do you REALLY want to get into a t!t-for-tat with the children of our past (or current) Presidents (or would-be Presidents)????

Really??? I suggest you look no further than the current First Family. There are enough skeletons in that closet to fill a cemetery.Oh no Brer Fox! Don't go after the Bush children!!! Anything but that.

This is funny and goes under the title heading, Unfamiliar With the Concept.
It goes like this. You go after Sarah Palin for having a pregnant teen aged daughter (as if that were a crime). Then I say, are you sure you want to hold parents responsible for their kid's behavior, citing Gore.
And then you threaten to start a flame war by using the Bush kids.

What do you expect out of a clever guy that uses republikkkans as a catch word? I could never make a dent in your thick skull with reason. I just want others to know how your B.S. smells when you spread it around and then complain about others.

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
wow. might as well elect britney spears mom to vice presidency too.

She's going to be Secretary of State.

Fee
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Very possibly so.

(pretend there's a post from superstition right here saying that everyone should use birth control because of global overpopulation)

Al Gore's son is an adult, living on his own. He is responsible for his own actions. The Gores did what they could to raise their children, send them to college and send them out into the world. They have a pretty good batting average as far as families go.

Sarah Palin's daughter is still a minor, still in the home, still under the influence of her parents. As I said before, we don't know what happened. Perhaps her parents sat at the kitchen table with her, talking about biology and putting condoms on zucchini. Perhaps she was already on the pill and it failed because of some other medication or whatever. We don't know and its silly to make assumptions. Also, I have no idea how Sarah Palin feels about sex before marriage. Has she been quoted on this subject in the past or is everyone just assuming she has a stance because she is a Republican?

Oh.........you said "PERHAPS". If you don't know, then why say anything at all? And you do seem to care.....read the rest of your post.

Which post? Did you read my posts? Did you understand them in the context of the conversation that they took place in? Do you need help with this?

Damn, I missed a post from superstition. gahhhhhh

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Sarah Palin's daughter is still a minor, still in the home, still under the influence of her parents. As I said before, we don't know what happened. Perhaps her parents sat at the kitchen table with her, talking about biology and putting condoms on zucchini. Perhaps she was already on the pill and it failed because of some other medication or whatever. We don't know and its silly to make assumptions. Also, I have no idea how Sarah Palin feels about sex before marriage. Has she been quoted on this subject in the past or is everyone just assuming she has a stance because she is a Republican?His was first arrested when he was under aged. First for drunk driving and then for doing 97 in a 55 mph zone.
The point is was his father responsible for the actions of this often arrested screwed up kid?
If people want to be intellectually consistent then they would have to say yes, if they want to flay Palin for her daughter's actions.

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:04 PM

Why is it silly to make assumptions when given a set of facts? Based on the information we know about this woman and her stances on various issues, I'd bet anything that the Palins didn't break out the zucchini for a biology lesson or the Palin youngster's birth control pills "failed". I'd also bet anything that Sarah Palin is against pre-marital sex for teenage girls, including her own.

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
(pretend there's a post from superstition right here saying that everyone should use birth control because of global overpopulation)

Oh......since Superstition said it, it must be true.

:rolleyes: Nice reasoning, Fee.

Ignorant Genius
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Why is it silly to make assumptions when given a set of facts? Based on the information we know about this woman and her stances on various issues, I'd bet anything that the Palins didn't break out the zucchini for a biology lesson or the Palin youngster's birth control pills "failed". I'd also bet anything that Sarah Palin is against pre-marital sex for teenage girls, including her own.

You know the old quote about assumptions...

And you discuss a "set of facts" when the only "facts" you have are what you've read on the internet.

Yep, you're credible.

Fee
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh......since Superstition said it, it must be true.

:rolleyes: Nice reasoning, Fee.

You really suck at reading comprehension. I never said that, I was trying to help you to understand the conversation that was taking place. I give up.

Fee
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM

Fair enough, but I won't take that bet.

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
You know the old quote about assumptions...

And you discuss a "set of facts" when the only "facts" you have are what you've read on the internet.

Yep, you're credible.

Which specific facts are you disputing? Her public statements regarding her own apparently unplanned pregancy, or her public statement regarding her daughter's unplanned pregnancy? Or the conservative views she espouses?

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Why is it silly to make assumptions when given a set of facts? Based on the information we know about this woman and her stances on various issues, I'd bet anything that the Palins didn't break out the zucchini for a biology lesson or the Palin youngster's birth control pills "failed". I'd also bet anything that Sarah Palin is against pre-marital sex for teenage girls, including her own.If it wasn't for assumptions and guesses you would have no posts at all. Let's just say you are as prejudiced as they come and you have no problems substituting your personal feelings for facts.

If you have pertinent facts in this case let's hear them. I'd love to. If not, why don't you shut up and go away?

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:13 PM
My only comment is....out of the millions of people in the U.S., this Palin woman is the best McCain and his team can come up with??? She ought to stay home and take care of her 5 kids.....

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:14 PM
If it wasn't for assumptions and guesses you would have no posts at all. Let's just say you are as prejudiced as they come and you have no problems substituting your personal feelings for facts.

If you have pertinent facts in this case let's hear them. I'd love to. If not, why don't you shut up and go away?

As I just asked the other ignorant poster, what facts are you disputing?

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, I suppose if McCain isn't the father of the 17 year olds baby.....all is okay.....

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
As I just asked the other ignorant poster, what facts are you disputing?I'm not disputing the fact that Sarah Palin has been pregnant before and that her daughter is now. I'm just disputing any attempts to use "common sense" or "assumptions" or "guesses" to make political hay
out of this by linking the two together.

I still don't know where the big crime is in all this. I'm betting you don't either.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Since teen pregnancy is fairly common, I'd say it's not surprising - however, we don't expect this, nor should we, from a Vice Presidential candidate.....clearly, this woman has larger fish to fry and home and should stay there and take care of her children....and McCain and his team were ridiculous to select this inexperienced person as his V.P. candidate to appease the people who were upset that Hillary didn't get the democratic nomination or the V.P. nod......As Lloyd Bentson once said...."Sarah Palin is no Hillary Clinton"...to pander to women voters by doing this is a turn-off for sure.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Since teen pregnancy is fairly common, I'd say it's not surprising - however, we don't expect this, nor should we, from a Vice Presidential candidate.....clearly, this woman has larger fish to fry and home and should stay there and take care of her children....Wow!! May I light your Virgina Slims cigarette for you?

and McCain and his team were ridiculous to select this inexperienced person as his V.P. candidate to appease the people who were upset that Hillary didn't get the democratic nomination or the V.P. nod......As Lloyd Bentson once said...."Sarah Palin is no Hillary Clinton"...to pander to women voters by doing this is a turn-off for sure.You are assuming this is the primary reason for her selection, though she has already contributed to a huge upswing in fund raising since her selection.
Let's wait and see if she motivates the female vote or not. It is counter intuitive to think she wouldn't sway many undecided women to vote republican and those still bitter over Hillary. But we shall see.

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm not disputing the fact that Sarah Palin has been pregnant before and that her daughter is now. I'm just disputing any attempts to use "common sense" or "assumptions" or "guesses" to make political hay
out of this by linking the two together.

If you can't see a link between a mother's presumably unplanned pregnancy(ies) and her daughter's unplanned pregnancy, I can't help you.

There is no need for anyone to try and make political hay out of this or try and make this a campaign issue. It's public information already known to all. People can and will asess the situation themselves, just as they asess other aspects of a candidate's character and life.

I find Palin's problems symbolic of larger problems with her world view. You seem to embrace her problems and see them as a positive sign of some sort. I suspect some Americans will share my view, and some yours.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:36 PM
LOL....yes we shall see....but Obama and Biden must be laughing hysterically over this.....of all the millions of people - this woman is all the Republicans can come up with??? Mind-boggling.....and a move they will soon come to regret.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Why not select that Spears mother for V.P.???? Now I'll be waiting to see if either Bill Clinton, John Edwards or John McCain is the father of this baby....that would really make some headlines....

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I think we can all agree on one thing here: The choice of Palin is a lot of fun. Some Pawlenty type would bore us all to death. But this choice is promising to be good drama and theater.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes...it's a lot of fun now...however, the only fear is that the old man McCain and the inexperienced V.P. could be elected......since somehow Bush/Cheney got elected for 2 terms......what a frightening prospect for sure.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
If you can't see a link between a mother's presumably unplanned pregnancy(ies) and her daughter's unplanned pregnancy, I can't help you.So, you got nothing? Not surprising.

There is no need for anyone to try and make political hay out of this or try and make this a campaign issue. It's public information already known to all. People can and will asess the situation themselves, just as they asess other aspects of a candidate's character and life.Then if this choice is a disaster, it should reflect in the polls, right?
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-09/02/content_9752118.htm

I find Palin's problems symbolic of larger problems with her world view. You seem to embrace her problems and see them as a positive sign of some sort. I suspect some Americans will share my view, and some yours.That's what the polls say.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Let's say more garbage comes out about this Palin woman - more than has already come out - can the Republicans change their choice or are they stuck with her??? either way, this is a huge faux-paux for the Republicans - who knew about some of these issues with Palin but selected her anyway - seriously, this is the worst selection in all the years I've followed politics - which is 25+ years.

PROTENNIS63
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
McCain is a an idiot.

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
All the drama and scandal aside, Palin seems she might be a good choice for the campaign in the long run, but a bad choice for the country. Hopefully voters will hold McCain responsible for his poor choice of the person to replace him as commander in chief of our armed forces and the leader of the free world should the need arise.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:46 PM
McCain is a an idiot.

the best post for this thread by far.

heycal
09-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Let's say more garbage comes out about this Palin woman - more than has already come out - can the Republicans change their choice or are they stuck with her??? either way, this is a huge faux-paux for the Republicans - who knew about some of these issues with Palin but selected her anyway - seriously, this is the worst selection in all the years I've followed politics - which is 25+ years.

If you'd been following politics for 35+ years instead of 25, you'd know that yes, they can change their choice for VP. McGovern's first choice in 1972 was kicked off the ticket because of personal issues than emerged after he was selected.

I'm hoping Palin survives and assume she will. I think anytime you pluck somebody out of a hat like this, there is a potential for this kind of stuff, but it's likely not to be fatal.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, then I think the Republicans will change their selection - and fast.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I thought when I first saw Palin, she was actually Tina Fey - who might have been a more suitable selection.

superstition
09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
This is why you aren't a credible thinker. Not remotely. And a ad hominem invoking hypocrite too.
ROFLMAO

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

certifiedjatt
09-01-2008, 02:09 PM
...now Juno goes to Washington. What a great holiday.

lol. that is too funny

certifiedjatt
09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
also, what kind of a name is Track?????????????? that's the son. Track Palin??? wow.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh no Brer Fox! Don't go after the Bush children!!! Anything but that.

This is funny and goes under the title heading, Unfamiliar With the Concept.
It goes like this. You go after Sarah Palin for having a pregnant teen aged daughter (as if that were a crime). Then I say, are you sure you want to hold parents responsible for their kid's behavior, citing Gore.
And then you threaten to start a flame war by using the Bush kids.

What do you expect out of a clever guy that uses republikkkans as a catch word? I could never make a dent in your thick skull with reason. I just want others to know how your B.S. smells when you spread it around and then complain about others.

You certainly wrote a lot of words in that post, but nothing that you've written really matters. All you have done is to try to cast some sort of doubt upon what *I* wrote, but you provided absolutely ZERO substance yourself.

That's the right-wing way: attempt to tear apart your opponent's argument without making any points if your own. A beautiful example right there.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
You certainly wrote a lot of words in that post, but nothing that you've written really matters. All you have done is to try to cast some sort of doubt upon what *I* wrote, but you provided absolutely ZERO substance yourself.

That's the right-wing way: attempt to tear apart your opponent's argument without making any points if your own. A beautiful example right there.I don't need to cast doubt on what you write.

You do a great job all by yourself.

stormholloway
09-01-2008, 03:11 PM
So we can assume that if Chelsea Clinton had gotten impregnated out of wedlock at her age that Republicans would have treated that just as they are treating Palin's daughter?

pmerk34
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Since teen pregnancy is fairly common, I'd say it's not surprising - however, we don't expect this, nor should we, from a Vice Presidential candidate.....clearly, this woman has larger fish to fry and home and should stay there and take care of her children....and McCain and his team were ridiculous to select this inexperienced person as his V.P. candidate to appease the people who were upset that Hillary didn't get the democratic nomination or the V.P. nod......As Lloyd Bentson once said...."Sarah Palin is no Hillary Clinton"...to pander to women voters by doing this is a turn-off for sure.

Amd how did Benstons arrogant condecending line help in 1988? It helped you lose again. In fact except for the fact the Democrats were up 17 points in Agust of 1988 this looks earily similar. A moderate Republican against a frighteningly liberal Democrat who's biggest claim to fame is that he picked a crusty VP over a younger GOP VP choice. I remeber 1988 well the Democrats "couldn't lose" they claimed Dukakis was crowned and G Bush was finished. We all know what happened in Nov/ Too bad there was no internet then. I can't wait to read all those frothing angry left winger bloggers talking about going to Canada on 11/5/08

And you'll be all angry in November when we win again. Democrats = boys of summer. Republicans = winners of the fall Classic. The NY Yankees to your Brooklyn Dodgers. I can't wait to hear all the excuses the Democrats already have lined up when the lose again. The last time you beat a Republican in two way race was 1976 and that was barely and that was when you had Watergate helping you.

Obama may have the least qualifications of anyone in the last 100 years to win a nomination for president by a major party. I hope his concession speech is eloquent - he's going to need it when you guys "almost" win in November. the Democrats are an always incredibly arrogant every 4 years around this time and it's always nice to watch them eat crow.

pmerk34
09-01-2008, 03:45 PM
If you'd been following politics for 35+ years instead of 25, you'd know that yes, they can change their choice for VP. McGovern's first choice in 1972 was kicked off the ticket because of personal issues than emerged after he was selected.

I'm hoping Palin survives and assume she will. I think anytime you pluck somebody out of a hat like this, there is a potential for this kind of stuff, but it's likely not to be fatal.

What matters is the top of the ticket. Moderate Republicans ( Nixon, G Bush I McCain) do not lose to liberal Democrats who make no effort to hide that liberalism ( McGovern, Dukakis, Obama). Bill won becuase of Ross Perot in 1992 but he was moderate in a number of respects. Jimmy Carter pretended to be modertae and beat Ford by 3 votes in 1976.

superstition
09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
In what way is McCain "moderate"? He's changed his position from the major things he broke with his party on to fall in line with the party's platform.

pmerk34
09-01-2008, 03:54 PM
LOL....yes we shall see....but Obama and Biden must be laughing hysterically over this.....of all the millions of people - this woman is all the Republicans can come up with??? Mind-boggling.....and a move they will soon come to regret.

We'll regret it just like 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000,2004. I love how arrogant you guys are every four years.

superman1
09-01-2008, 03:55 PM
You know, this won't really hurt her at all. She's a hard edged conservative who loves nothing more than to shoot down animals, preferably endangered ones, and skin them and hang their hides, and Republicans eat that up. They don't really care about substance, they just care about your stance on the big issues. Are you pro-life under any circumstance? Do you think evolution and science in general is bunk? Do you own an array of assault rifles and do you take pleasure in killing anything that moves? If the answer is yes, then you can be President.

I don't think this is a really big deal at all in itself, but it is just one more piece of the enormous baggage this woman Sarah Palin is carrying. It's hilarious when people compare her to Obama. For one thing, we know NOTHING about her (although we're finding more and more every day...) and we know everything about Obama. We've been making Obama jump through hoops for 18 months, being tested in every way imaginable. He persevered and got 18 million votes. Sarah Palin was picked out of a hat full of women's names, because McCain needed one badly.

pmerk34
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
In what way is McCain "moderate"? He's changed his position from the major things he broke with his party on to fall in line with the party's platform.

LOL. Go look up his record in the senate for 25 + years. The guy is barely conservative on a host of issues. Why do you think Obama has no ege on him? If he were as conservative as Obama is liberal Obama would be up by 15 points.

superstition
09-01-2008, 04:25 PM
LOL. Go look up his record in the senate for 25 + years. The guy is barely conservative on a host of issues.
Despite your overstatement it must be pointed out that McCain has switched to the party line on most of those key issues. So, his senate record is one thing. Who he says he is as a presidential candidate is another.

If you guys want to get into McCain vs. Obama, a new topic or another existing topic is appropriate. This is about Palin and her daughter.

drakulie
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Do you mean Andre Agassi fans, or are you really going to make the mistake that the only women in this country having children outside of marriage are from one group?

Yes, I mean Agassi fans.

Atherton2003
09-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Amd how did Benstons arrogant condecending line help in 1988? It helped you lose again. In fact except for the fact the Democrats were up 17 points in Agust of 1988 this looks earily similar. A moderate Republican against a frighteningly liberal Democrat who's biggest claim to fame is that he picked a crusty VP over a younger GOP VP choice. I remeber 1988 well the Democrats "couldn't lose" they claimed Dukakis was crowned and G Bush was finished. We all know what happened in Nov/ Too bad there was no internet then. I can't wait to read all those frothing angry left winger bloggers talking about going to Canada on 11/5/08

And you'll be all angry in November when we win again. Democrats = boys of summer. Republicans = winners of the fall Classic. The NY Yankees to your Brooklyn Dodgers. I can't wait to hear all the excuses the Democrats already have lined up when the lose again. The last time you beat a Republican in two way race was 1976 and that was barely and that was when you had Watergate helping you.

Obama may have the least qualifications of anyone in the last 100 years to win a nomination for president by a major party. I hope his concession speech is eloquent - he's going to need it when you guys "almost" win in November. the Democrats are an always incredibly arrogant every 4 years around this time and it's always nice to watch them eat crow.

All I can say is - if Obama has less experience, so what?? At least he couldn't possibly be worse than what we've had in office for the last 8 years.

heycal
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
So this girl is supposed to marry the guy who got her pregnant? How old is he?

Sounds like it could be mistake number 2 for the kid. Wonder what the backstory is there...

superstition
09-01-2008, 05:02 PM
They won't release any info on him other than his name is Levi.

It was also revealed Monday that an attorney had been hired to represent Palin in a state ethics probe and that her husband, Todd, had been arrested for drunken driving two decades ago.

The revelations threatened to steal any remaining thunder from Day One of the Republican National Convention, which already was overshadowed by Hurricane Gustav — and brought unwanted attention to the 44-year-old governor, a self-described "hockey mom" with little experience on the national stage. Coming after the randomness of Gustav, the revelations added to the sense of unscriptedness hanging over the convention.

Shortly after her announcement, McCain's team dispatched a dozen operatives and lawyers to Alaska, fueling speculation that a comprehensive examination of Palin's past was incomplete and being done only after she was placed on the ticket.

As for the Alaska probe, a Republican-dominated legislative committee is investigating whether Palin dismissed Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan after he refused to fire a state trooper who had divorced Palin's sister.

The state's attorney general, Talis Colberg, hired Thomas V. Van Flein more than two weeks ago to represent Palin and members of her staff, according to Van Flein. He has represented the Palin family in the past as a private attorney, according to a McCain aide who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Sarah Palin's fifth child, a son named Trig, was born in April with Down syndrome. Internet bloggers have been suggesting that the child was actually born to Bristol Palin but that her mother, the 44-year-old Alaska governor, claimed to be the mother.

http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080901/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin

fridrix
09-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Palin could help to get out the white trash vote... brilliant!

superstition
09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
link (http://news.yahoo.com/story/ap/cvn_palin_troopergate;_ylt=AvLwZm_N.ugcvBAL.vrVBz6 9j7AB)

Palin hires attorney for Troopergate investigation

In July, a legislative oversight committee approved $100,000 to investigate whether Palin abused her power in firing Monegan.

This political he-said, she-said has dogged Palin for nearly two months and is likely to do so for another two months leading to the Nov. 4 presidential election.
McCain really made a pick, eh?

pmerk34
09-01-2008, 05:18 PM

No Hillary had those locked up

superman1
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
This is a Democracy, we don't elect people just based on their experience. If experience was all that mattered, we'd just keep Bush in office until his death. Bush has WAY more experience than McCain or Obama. Experience is overrated when you're talking about a LEADER who is supposed to get people together, inspire people, and get things done. The President doesn't solve the housing crisis himself, he just gets people who are highly "experienced" on the topic together and listens to them and bases his decision on their findings. We are electing who we think will be the best and most productive leader, not the oldest SOB who has been sitting on all these problems for 30 years and not doing anything. You could make a huge list of people in the past who have done truly great things, and you'll see that most of them have been young and inexperienced when they did those great things.

When you're talking about a VP, it is very different. We entrust the Presidential nominees that we elect to make a good decision and find someone with a proven track record. There is no Democratic process for choosing the VP, it is completely up to the Presidential nominee and we trust them to find someone with the proper credentials, since we the people are unable to vet them over the course of a year and a half. Experience is much more important for the VP than it is for the Presidential nominee, because we have nothing else to go by.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't need to cast doubt on what you write.

You do a great job all by yourself.

Ahhh, another post with zero substance.

Just like I said.

Z-Man
09-01-2008, 05:23 PM
It's over. You Democrats can go ahead and send over your goons to seize my assets. Just leave the kids, one POG OS, and a handkerchief for me to cry on.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 05:24 PM
So we can assume that if Chelsea Clinton had gotten impregnated out of wedlock at her age that Republicans would have treated that just as they are treating Palin's daughter?

Hahahaha. Spot on.

But I'm afraid you'll get nowhere with the Republikkkan crowd, Storm. To them, there IS a difference.

superman1
09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh my, Chelsea pregnant, that would have been a storm of controversy.

But this is relatively harmless, because we all know that Christian conservatives are all about family values, unlike everyone else, and they can persevere through trying times with their faith in Jesus and their love of this country. This just makes people like Sarah Palin even more. Flaws are very attractive to the far right because they can relate to that...unless it's a Democrat who has the flaws.

TonyB
09-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh my, Chelsea pregnant, that would have been a storm of controversy.

But this is relatively harmless, because we all know that Christian conservatives are all about family values, unlike everyone else, and they can persevere through trying times with their faith in Jesus and their love of this country. This just makes people like Sarah Palin even more. Flaws are very attractive to the far right because they can relate to that...unless it's a Democrat who has the flaws.

Another good one. Well done.

superstition
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
It's over. You Democrats can go ahead and send over your goons to seize my assets. Just leave the kids, one POG OS, and a handkerchief for me to cry on.
I guess you'd rather (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22981657/) put everything (http://dpc.senate.gov/dpc-new.cfm?doc_name=tp-108-2-79) on the credit card (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-deficit29-2008jul29,0,4458909.story).

10sfreak
09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I just hope that the democRATS try to make an issue of this, like they did with the Cheney's lesbian daughter. We all remember how well that went over with the public, right?

superstition
09-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I just hope that the democRATS try to make an issue of this, like they did with the Cheney's lesbian daughter. We all remember how well that went over with the public, right?

Here's a great article on the subject. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37009-2004Oct15.html)

10sfreak
09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Here's a great article on the subject. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37009-2004Oct15.html)
Wow, what a stupidly written article! Thanks SS, for showing me just how stupid some "journalists" can be.

heycal
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Anyone know why the other Palin thread got locked? It didn't seem particularly bad in any way, nor did I see any crazy posts come in.

BTW, I use the 'subscribe to thread' feature, so the first drafts of people posts are usually delivered directly to my inbox, before they have a chance to edit them if they choose to, and before the mods can delete them. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff you see that way sometimes... Aside from it cluttering up your inbox with 80million Talk Tennis emails, it's a great feature that gives you some inside information from time to time.

Z-Man
09-02-2008, 03:18 AM
SS:
I think you'd be pretty happy in a country governed according to my political beliefs. I'd get the government out of your wallet AND out of your bedroom.

albino smurf
09-02-2008, 03:39 AM
This one is going to hurt McCain over the course of time. Everybody is saying and doing the right things, but this is a huge mistake, particularly that Palin is a parent. She will not be deemed as a suitable replacement for Hillary voters due to her anti-abortion stance and now this. She probably never would have, but clearly that was the startegy behind this pandering move and it continues to backfire. I would not be surprised in the least if she were to pull out for 'personal' reasons. Brutal for the GOP that this was the secondary story on the biggest news night of the year, instead of their convention.

ttbrowne
09-02-2008, 04:21 AM
I heard that the youngest child is not hers. They had pictures showing her daughter preggo around the same time while Sarah was not looking preggo.

??

albino smurf
09-02-2008, 04:39 AM
I heard that the youngest child is not hers.

It will be soon. Give it four months.

MindFlare
09-02-2008, 04:46 AM

Of course Rush Limbaugh would be all over it, just like you are all over Governor Palain as a democrat. That is the role of political pundits, to spin stories out of control.

albino smurf
09-02-2008, 05:10 AM

They don't have to. Conservative parents will be talking about this. The dems are in a perfect position. This will virally take care of itself as it already is.

superman1
09-02-2008, 05:15 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/youngphillip/waqa6u1.gif

TonyB
09-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Of course Rush Limbaugh would be all over it, just like you are all over Governor Palain as a democrat. That is the role of political pundits, to spin stories out of control.

First of all, I'm not "all over it". I'm simply making a few comments on a tennis message forum. I'm not a "political pundit".

Secondly, if you're comparing my viewpoint to Rush Limbaugh's, you've got serious problems differentiating between major media celebrities and a tennis-forum nobody (myself).

What I think doesn't matter. But when Rush says something, people nod their heads in agreement like robots.

pmerk34
09-02-2008, 05:46 AM
First of all, I'm not "all over it". I'm simply making a few comments on a tennis message forum. I'm not a "political pundit".

Secondly, if you're comparing my viewpoint to Rush Limbaugh's, you've got serious problems differentiating between major media celebrities and a tennis-forum nobody (myself).

What I think doesn't matter. But when Rush says something, people nod their heads in agreement like robots.

Yeah and when Obama says something women cry and call him the messiah. That's way more frightening when people compare a mere mortal to Christ than people who agree with a radio host.

Enlightened Coelacanth
09-02-2008, 05:53 AM
First of all, I'm not "all over it". I'm simply making a few comments on a tennis message forum. I'm not a "political pundit".*The sound of derisive laughter* Right...

Secondly, if you're comparing my viewpoint to Rush Limbaugh's, you've got serious problems differentiating between major media celebrities and a tennis-forum nobody (myself).You're right. If Limbaugh spouts lies about political figures people hold him to account and he must explain a lie or retract it. You, on the other hand, can spew out GARBAGE whenever you like, agree with the lies of others, and very few people care.

What I think doesn't matter. But when Rush says something, people nod their heads in agreement like robots.When people recognize the truth they tend to agree. Sorry if that bothers you.

JLyon
09-02-2008, 06:43 AM
So this girl is supposed to marry the guy who got her pregnant? How old is he?

Sounds like it could be mistake number 2 for the kid. Wonder what the backstory is there...

You're right she go have a partial abortion, tell the guy to go to hell, and then start collecting welfare checks. Guess what then she would be praised by the Liberal Democrats. Pelosi would be so proud of her.
Satisfied now?

Trainer
09-02-2008, 07:00 AM
The only problem I have with this is the normalizing affect that it will have for the topic of teen pregnancy.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 07:09 AM
So this girl is supposed to marry the guy who got her pregnant?

Deuteronomy 22:28: "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, that is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; [29] then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he hath humbled her; he may not put her away all his days."

Given Gov. Palin's huge collection of guns and her lifetime membership of the NRA, it is probably the quintessential "shotgun" wedding. Not sure if there were fifty shekels of Silver involved.

You can just imagine the boy's friends talking to him about it: "You do realize that the Vice President is allowed to shoot people in the face with impunity don't you?"

BTW. Gov. Palin was a great choice. I'm chuffed. She would make a great president if McCain doesn't reach the age of 77.

rommil
09-02-2008, 07:11 AM

As W did twice.....

deluxe
09-02-2008, 07:13 AM
But when Rush says something, people nod their heads in agreement like robots.

There's a reason Rush is called "America's Truth Detector"

rommil
09-02-2008, 07:22 AM
When I saw it on the news I thought in a way she is a candidate that some people can relate to since we hear about teen pregnancies very often. I don't know much about Palin and she is not an impressive on her discourse either. Yet it would be interesting to see how she balances this with her politics and the Republican platform.

TonyB
09-02-2008, 07:35 AM

Ummmmmmmmm, riiiight.

I can listen to Rush for 5 minutes and point out at least 10 misstatements of "fact". I don't waste any more time listening to him.

norcal
09-02-2008, 07:39 AM
"Mom, can I be the pill?"

"No, do the right thing and practice abstinence! And remember, say no to drugs!"

"Ok mom, I'm heading out to meet with my study group."

http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol.JPG
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol1.JPG
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol2.JPG

deluxe
09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I can listen to Rush for 5 minutes and point out at least 10 misstatements of "fact".

misstatements of "fact"? Would that be like if I said "The one handed backhand has many advantages over the two handed backhand", I would be mis-stating it because in your opinion I should have used the word "some" instead of "many"?

I don't waste any more time listening to him.

If only more Americans would listen to Rush, there would be far less American ignorance.

SlapShot
09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
If only more Americans would listen to Rush, there would be far less American ignorance.

Oh.

My.

God.

I cannot believe that I just read this. Isn't Rush the guy who said that people who abuse drugs should be taken into the street and shot, and then went to rehab for prescription painkillers? Yep....he should be every American's role model. Ah, the old moral headfake - always a classic move.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Isn't Rush the guy who said that people who abuse drugs should be taken into the street and shot, and then went to rehab for prescription painkillers?

That must be someone other than Rush Limbaugh, since I don't recognize the quote. Presumably you have a reference for that quote?

Yep....he should be every American's role model.

Did I claim he was a role model? [although he is a great American role model - one with his own flaws which he has fought to overcome]. I claimed he was a source of information. If more Americans listened to that source of information, they would be less ignorant.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh. My. God.

No, Rush's talent is just on loan from God.

pmerk34
09-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh.

My.

God.

I cannot believe that I just read this. Isn't Rush the guy who said that people who abuse drugs should be taken into the street and shot, and then went to rehab for prescription painkillers? Yep....he should be every American's role model. Ah, the old moral headfake - always a classic move.

yOU ARE BEYOND IGNORANT.

SlapShot
09-02-2008, 08:53 AM
That must be someone other than Rush Limbaugh, since I don't recognize the quote. Presumably you have a reference for that quote?

There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12536446/

This is the same Rush Limbaugh who abused Oxycontin for 2 1/2 years. Say what you do and do what you say, huh?

Did I claim he was a role model? [although he is a great American role model - one with his own flaws which he has fought to overcome]. I claimed he was a source of information. If more Americans listened to that source of information, they would be less ignorant.

Rush is a wealth of bigotry and misinformation. I prefer to get my information from the BBC or other news sites, rather than from the filtered ranting of Limbaugh, Hannity, Olbermann, Matthews, etc. Americans working from 30 second soundbites from the likes of them are getting significantly filtered information that does not do anything to give them a full picture of the situation.

SlapShot
09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
yOU ARE BEYOND IGNORANT.

You're almost right. I have gotten beyond being ignorant, and have decided that rather than having someone make up my mind for me, I'd read the actual news article and make up my own mind. It's amazing what you find out about your beliefs in the world when you're forcing yourself to think.

superstition
09-02-2008, 09:03 AM
McCain camp calls media's coverage of Palin 'offensive' and 'demeaning'

``It used to be that a lot of those smears and the crap on the Internet stayed out of the newsrooms of serious journalists,'' Schmidt said at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Blast that offensive and demeaning truth. How dare they smear Palin by running a story that her daughter is pregnant!

Everything would have gone perfectly as planned if not for you meddling kids!

link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080902/pl_bloomberg/as77ueg2jfbq)

deluxe
09-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Isn't Rush the guy who said that people who abuse drugs should be taken into the street and shot, and then went to rehab for prescription painkillers?

There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.

This is the same Rush Limbaugh who abused Oxycontin for 2 1/2 years. Say what you do and do what you say, huh?

So he said illegal drug users should be tried and convicted. I thought you were going to give me a source for this quote:

Rush is a wealth of bigotry and misinformation. I prefer to get my information from the BBC or other news sites, rather than from the filtered ranting of Limbaugh, Hannity, Olbermann, Matthews, etc. Americans working from 30 second soundbites from the likes of them are getting significantly filtered information that does not do anything to give them a full picture of the situation.

It would seem that you are the source of the bigotry and misinformation here.

TonyB
09-02-2008, 09:33 AM

Good stuff. I love the attempt at denial... "That must have been someone other than Rush Limbaugh." As though he would never say one thing and do the exact opposite.

That's the entire party M.O. If you ignore the headlines and mainstream media outlets and instead do some real research on your own, I think you'll find that it's a pretty reliable pattern with the right-wingers.

Phil
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that he calls HIMSELF that. It's more tongue-in-cheek self- promotion, rather than actual "truth".

SlapShot
09-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh, and for anyone who wants a taste of Rush's bigotry (and outright racism), along with his spreading of misinformation, this is a good spot to look:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

You can simply pay attention to the ones that are sourced, so that you can't claim that he never said some of it.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh, and for anyone who wants a taste of Rush's bigotry (and outright racism), along with his spreading of misinformation, this is a good spot to look:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

You can simply pay attention to the ones that are sourced, so that you can't claim that he never said some of it.

Rush is neither a bigot or a racist. If you want to show either with a quote, then bring the quote and we can discuss it. Pointing to a page with hundreds of quotes on and saying "these hundreds of quotes prove it" is classic conversational terrorism.

TonyB
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Rush is neither a bigot or a racist. If you want to show either with a quote, then bring the quote and we can discuss it. Pointing to a page with hundreds of quotes on and saying "these hundreds of quotes prove it" is classic conversational terrorism.

WHA??????

Holy left-wing rhetoric, Batman! "Terrorism?" Hahahahaha!!

I'm really sorry that you don't have the brains or patience to scroll down a web page to read some quotes. It's not like there's only one or two... there are a bunch in reference to his bigotry.

But since you're clearly too lazy (or dumb, I can't figure out which), here you go:

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
-- Response to a black caller...

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

Yeah, you're right. No racism there. Not a whit.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
WHA??????

Holy left-wing rhetoric, Batman! "Terrorism?" Hahahahaha!!

If you haven't come accross the term, you can always google it or look it up rather than make a big display of your ignorance.

TonyB
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
If you haven't come accross the term, you can always google it or look it up rather than make a big display of your ignorance.

And precisely what is the history behind that term? Was it ever used pre-2001?

I'll bet not.

But once again, let me point out that you ignored the SUBSTANCE of my post and focused on arguing some insignificant little tidbit to try to cast some doubt upon what I wrote or to divert attention from the original point of the post. As I said before, that's the right-wing way.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Lets take #1 then:

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

How is that racist? If someone insulted the KKK, is that somehow a slur against white people? How can criticism of an organization of black people be considered a slur against blacks?

deluxe
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
And precisely what is the history behind that term? Was it ever used pre-2001?

I'll bet not.

Well you could always find out for yourself rather than speculate.

Top link for "conversational terrorism" on google is:

http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html

Got to the internet archive at:

http://www.archive.org/index.php

and ask for a history of the top link on google and you'll find that it was posted on Jan 17th 1999. Nothing to do with 2001.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
But once again, let me point out that you ignored the SUBSTANCE of my post and focused on arguing some insignificant little tidbit to try to cast some doubt upon what I wrote or to divert attention from the original point of the post. As I said before, that's the right-wing way.

No, I split my reply to your post in two because they deal with two different topics.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 04:09 PM

And your #1 quote is allegedly from over 15 years ago, has no context attached and is not referenced by a reputable organization. "Flush Rush Quarterly"? Rush has been on the radio for 3 hours a day for 20 years. Audio and transcripts of everything on the program is posted daily, yet your #1 example has no context attached, has no audio, is not from a reputable organisation and is not racist.

deluxe
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Perhaps you should have waited for the reply to the second half of your post. By saying "that's the right-wing way", you demonstrate that you are a bigot:

big·ot
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

fridrix
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
"I tell my kids, 'Don't do what I did,' " - Palin on eloping in 1988, Anchorage Daily News, 10/23/2006

fridrix
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
"Gov. Sarah Palin today welcomed the news that President George W. Bush had lifted the moratorium barring oil and gas development in federal waters off Bristol Bay and the Aleutians Islands." - US Fed News, 1/09/2007

---in other words, she was OK with Bristol's drilling.

fridrix
09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
A May 27, 2007 story in the Anchorage Daily News provides more details. The Palin girls were going to school in Juneau, six hundred miles away from the fambly home in Wasilla, where the boy was. Mom and Mr. Mom had to cover two vastly separated territories.

superstition
09-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Palin's personal attorney on state payroll for Troopergate probe
http://www.yahoo.com/s/946842

LOL

fridrix
09-03-2008, 03:26 AM
^^^^ Figures, Palin already got busted for campaigning at city's expense when she was mayor.

SlapShot
09-03-2008, 04:50 AM
"Gov. Sarah Palin today welcomed the news that President George W. Bush had lifted the moratorium barring oil and gas development in federal waters off Bristol Bay and the Aleutians Islands." - US Fed News, 1/09/2007

---in other words, she was OK with Bristol's drilling.

:lol:

Cheeky. Very cheeky.

adlis
09-03-2008, 10:20 AM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jeneau__oPt.jpg

superstition
09-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Noonan, Murphy trash Palin on hot mic: 'It's over'

After a segment with NBC's Chuck Todd ended today, Republican consultant Mike Murphy and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan were caught on a live mic ridiculing the choice of Sarah Palin.

link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080903/pl_politico/20576)

superstition
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
4: Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

Not many pregnant teens are as privileged as Bristol Palin. And for those who are not, Sarah Palin made things a little harder a few months ago when she used a line-item veto to cut funding for a transitional home for teen moms in Alaska. According to the Washington Post:

After the legislature passed a spending bill in April, Palin went through the measure reducing and eliminating funds for programs she opposed. Inking her initials on the legislation -- "SP" -- Palin reduced funding for Covenant House Alaska by more than 20 percent, cutting funds from $5 million to $3.9 million. Covenant House is a mix of programs and shelters for troubled youths, including Passage House, which is a transitional home for teenage mothers.

According to Passage House's Web site, its purpose is to provide "young mothers a place to live with their babies for up to eighteen months while they gain the necessary skills and resources to change their lives" and help teen moms "become productive, successful, independent adults who create and provide a stable environment for themselves and their families."

(It certainly doesn't sound like the teen moms were joyriding in Cadillacs on the government's dime, but you never know.)

In classic "compassionate" conservative fashion, Palin opposes programs that teach girls how not to get pregnant, lobbies against their right to decide whether to have a child, then kills social programs that exist to cushion the impact of those policies. She then has the gall to trot out her own pregnant daughter as a symbol for "family values."

Eight revelations about Palin (http://www.alternet.org/election08/97350?page=1)

Oui, c'est moi.
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
God bless America.

pmerk34
09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
4: Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms

Eight revelations about Palin (http://www.alternet.org/election08/97350?page=1)

We get the fact you hate pro life republicans. Really we get it.

superstition
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

adlis
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM

So if a women was sexually molested she will have to keep the child?!?

Women should HAVE the choice.

pmerk34
09-03-2008, 05:56 PM

If a woman wants to abort a 9 month old child she should be able to???
Women should NOT have that choice.

tbini87
09-03-2008, 05:59 PM

maybe in that scenario, but that is not the whole story... but i am sure you already knew that.

fridrix
09-03-2008, 06:06 PM
This might be just the tip of the iceberg on the Palins. Sarah Palin's five-month-old might also really be Bristol's. When Sarah in March announced she was due in two months, her staffers were surprized to know she was even pregnant---at seven months! Meanwhile, Bristol is out of school five months for "mono." I'm not settled on this question. Someone prove to me this isn't kid #2 for Bristol.

superstition
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
This might be just the tip of the iceberg on the Palins. Sarah Palin's five-month-old might also really be Bristol's. When Sarah in March announced she was due in two months, her staffers were surprized to know she was even pregnant---at seven months! Meanwhile, Bristol is out of school five months for "mono." I'm not settled on this question. Someone prove to me this isn't kid #2 for Bristol.
There is a lot of speculation about this. Hopefully the truth will come out.

heycal
09-03-2008, 08:10 PM

Doesn't seem credible. In the unlikely event it's true, it will eventually come out. Otherwise I think we should assume the kid is mom's.

There is a lot of speculation about this.

Not anywhere that matters. If it makes the New York Times, I'll believe it. But as long as it remains internet gossip without any real foundation it should be ignored.

What is your signature, SS? Can you explain its meaning?

superstition
09-03-2008, 08:19 PM
What is your signature, SS? Can you explain its meaning?
Irony.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=219333&page=2

Doesn't seem credible.
I would think the same thing if not for all the other wackiness, like Librarygate, Troopergate, and on and on.

superstition
09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Analysis: GOP contradicts self on Palin family (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_measure_of_a_nation_palin_family_politics;_ylt =AkP0UHkWb2yYxjtx9ZCsVq9h24cA)

Palin's Earmarks Called "Objectionable Pork" by McCain? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20080903/cm_huffpost/123582)

Report: Palin sent emails to state officials criticizing trooper (http://www.yahoo.com/s/947457)

Palin E-Mails Show Intense Interest in Trooper's Penalty (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/03/AR2008090303210.html?hpid=topnews)

According to the new spin, she's the greatest thing since Reagan.

Steady Eddy
09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
According to the new spin, she's the greatest thing since Reagan.
I just saw them showing the reaction of women to Palin's speech. Some were crying, and they said that they identify with her. The media will hate her, and say that women should identify with Hillary, and vote for Obama because that's what Hillary says. But they'll like this lady. Despite what the press will say, it appears McCain scored big with this pick.

superstition
09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I just saw them showing the reaction of women to Palin's speech. Some were crying, and they said that they identify with her.
Welcome to the script.
The media will hate her
Why the media should apologize (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080904/pl_politico/13143;_ylt=AtVgBRnJs5QirbcSmKVYM5Nh24cA)
Despite what the press will say, it appears McCain scored big with this pick.
If delusion sells, sure. But, not everyone drinks the RNC Kool-Aid.

Fee
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes, Jamie Lynn Spears' mom really identifies with her. You remember Mrs Spears, the one that Bill O'Reilly called a 'pinhead' for letting her underage daughter get pregnant.

fridrix
09-03-2008, 11:15 PM
I think a lot of the true conservatives will see her for the opportunistic, low-class hussy that she is. BTW a CNN poll says 74% believe McCain weakened the ticket with her.

Mahboob Khan
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
A little premarital sex and out of wedlock teenage pregnancy never stopped someone from claiming the moral high ground before, eh? After all, Palin is supposed to be a delightful choice for Christian conservatives.

Last year we have gone through all of this. Why Muslim women wear Hijab? And why Muslims can have more than one wife in certain situations?

I think teen-age girls (and boys) should abstain from premarital sex (and out of wedlock teenage pregnancy) so that mothers like Sarah Palin who is going to be the Vice President of the United States of America are not ashamed. By the way, I saw Sarah Palin signing autographs without any sense of shame, regret, and/or remorse now that her teen-age daughter is pregnant. Current VP Dick Chenney's daughter is also known for out of the box sex. Maybe this is a requirement for Republican candidates.

fridrix
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
By the way, I saw Sarah Palin signing autographs without any sense of shame, regret, and/or remorse now that her teen-age daughter is pregnant.

Yes they seem to be delighted their little girl has snagged such a thoughtful lad:
http://www.2snaps.tv/files/images/levi3.large.png

fridrix
09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Now that I think about it, do we really know how many kids this boy has fathered?

Steady Eddy
09-03-2008, 11:43 PM
low-class hussy that she is.
Is she a hussy? I thought she was more of a trollop.
Current VP Dick Chenney's daughter is also known for out of the box sex. Maybe this is a requirement for Republican candidates.
It's a requirement for Republican candidates? I didn't know that.

orangettecoleman
09-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I think if Sarah Palin was pregnant while in public office, there would be pictures of a pregnant Sarah Palin somewhere. Her eggo was not preggo. her kid had another baby last year and she lied and said it was hers to further her career.

p.s. her daughter was out of school with "mono" during the same time that Palin was supposedly pregnant, and recovered after the baby appeared.

orangettecoleman
09-03-2008, 11:49 PM
best comment i've read on this story:

"so i guess there are some areas of the state where drilling is still permitted..."

superman1
09-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Who cares?

The Democrats have already won. They're just focusing on the debates right now. The Republican Convention is unwatchable, it's just the same attacks over and over. The Democrats also attacked quite a bit, but they would at least first say, "I respect Sen McCain" or "Sen McCain is my friend, but he's wrong on this," or "Sen McCain is a hero, but..." But the Republicans are just tearing Obama apart and acting like he's not even worthy to be a dishwasher - after all, he has no real dishwashing experience.

If you watched the Daily Show on Wednesday, they revealed every single hypocrisy of the Republicans in 20 minutes. It was just a series of clips that spoke for themselves. I highly suggest watching it.

deluxe
09-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Who cares?

The Democrats have already won. They're just focusing on the debates right now. The Republican Convention is unwatchable, it's just the same attacks over and over. The Democrats also attacked quite a bit, but they would at least first say, "I respect Sen McCain" or "Sen McCain is my friend, but he's wrong on this," or "Sen McCain is a hero, but..." But the Republicans are just tearing Obama apart and acting like he's not even worthy to be a dishwasher - after all, he has no real dishwashing experience.

If you watched the Daily Show on Wednesday, they revealed every single hypocrisy of the Republicans in 20 minutes. It was just a series of clips that spoke for themselves. I highly suggest watching it.

The odds on the Democrats are 8-15 on at the moment for winning the 2008 presidential election, but all the black swans are against Obama. Attacking Sarah Palin is going to be fraught with dangers and one slip up could turn those odds upside down.

pmerk34
09-04-2008, 06:10 AM
The odds on the Democrats are 8-15 on at the moment for winning the 2008 presidential election, but all the black swans are against Obama. Attacking Sarah Palin is going to be fraught with dangers and one slip up could turn those odds upside down.

Democrats are very arrogant every four years.

Steady Eddy
09-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Who cares?

The Democrats have already won.
History has a way of refuting predictions. When George Herbert Walker Bush won the first Gulf War, Letterman had a top ten list on how he could lose the upcoming election. The point was he seemed unbeatable. Then came a recession and...

I've seen things like that. They're alot of work to put together and they can be very entertaining. But if you think that would prove to a Republican that she's wrong, you're mistaken. They'll watch it, shrug, and say, "What's your point?" They work better on someone whose already concluded that the Republicans are wrong. It's got that "preaching to the choir" syndrome.

heycal
09-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't know many arrogant Democrats who are sure of victory this fall. Me? I have no idea who will win (neither do the rest of you, but never mind that for now).

superstition
09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Democrats are very arrogant every four years.
This sort of shrill partisan empty rhetoric is what the two parties want, not voters who delve into the issues and demand actual improvement.

maverick66
09-04-2008, 11:07 AM
This sort of shrill partisan empty rhetoric is what the two parties want, not voters who delve into the issues and demand actual improvement.

they dont want actual improvement in america. they are making a ton of money and they want to keep things running they way they are. these politicians could care less that we have some major issues facing this country right now because there not hurting from it. you want change to get done you gotta make the politicians feel the hurt the rest of the country is.

pmerk34
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't know many arrogant Democrats who are sure of victory this fall. Me? I have no idea who will win (neither do the rest of you, but never mind that for now).

I forget the name of the fellow who is on the Obama campaign but I read he thought in July that Obama was going top win 40 States and about 55% of the vote and I sincerely doubt he was alone.

pmerk34
09-04-2008, 01:20 PM
they dont want actual improvement in america. they are making a ton of money and they want to keep things running they way they are. these politicians could care less that we have some major issues facing this country right now because there not hurting from it. you want change to get done you gotta make the politicians feel the hurt the rest of the country is.

Phrases like "improvement" "good for the country" "right for the country" etc etc are all political in nature. They mean different things to us all

heycal
09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I forget the name of the fellow who is on the Obama campaign but I read he thought in July that Obama was going top win 40 States and about 55% of the vote and I sincerely doubt he was alone.

Quotes from a campaign about how they expect to do in an election are always upbeat and therefore completely meaningless. Virtually EVERY campaign talks about how they will win in November. (As did virtually all their vanquished opponents.)

Surprised you even bothered mentioning that. You need to do better.

superstition
09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Phrases like "improvement" "good for the country" "right for the country" etc etc are all political in nature. They mean different things to us all
Not necessarily. There are things people basically agree on. Our two party system has distorted reality into everything having two sides. Shrill partisan rhetoric and bickering has replaced reality (where truth is singular) with fiction (where truth has two sides). In reality, there is one melting point for gold.

pmerk34
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Quotes from a campaign about how they expect to do in an election are always upbeat and therefore completely meaningless. Virtually EVERY campaign talks about how they will win in November. (As did virtually all their vanquished opponents.)

Surprised you even bothered mentioning that. You need to do better.

You missed the point entirely.

heycal
09-04-2008, 03:47 PM
You missed the point entirely.

I think you have failed to make a coherent one. If Democrats are arrogant about their chances of victory, please demonstrate it somehow.

Fee
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM

You have my vote maverick.

superman1
09-05-2008, 12:53 AM
History has a way of refuting predictions. When George Herbert Walker Bush won the first Gulf War, Letterman had a top ten list on how he could lose the upcoming election. The point was he seemed unbeatable. Then came a recession and...

True, I actually disagree with my last post. Superman1, you're wrong. Historically, Dems are always up this time of year, then the Republicans quickly gain on them.

Obama and his campaign are very clever, and they know the rules of the game. Should be interesting to see if they can beat the machine--again. I would have to agree that the odds are still stacked against Obama. Republicans just have a way of sliming their way to victory. A lot of Americans will say one thing, but when they're in the actual booth and see the name "OBAMA" they might have second thoughts. Palin sounds so much better - and she's a woman!

fridrix
09-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Has anyone noticed that these pictures represent crimes? I.e. underage drinking... of unwed mothers-to-be. Or do Republicans only get involved in the case of crack babies?

fridrix
09-05-2008, 01:08 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/news/politics/bristol_palins_baby_daddy_greets_mccain_127328.htm

Just wondering, do the Boy Scouts have merit badges in drinking and fornication? Because this kid is an Eagle Scout.

jamauss
09-05-2008, 01:23 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/news/politics/bristol_palins_baby_daddy_greets_mccain_127328.htm

Just wondering, do the Boy Scouts have merit badges in drinking and fornication? Because this kid is an Eagle Scout.
I'm an Eagle Scout also and I can tell you that earning the badge means different things to different people. Technically it just means he met the requirements for the badge - just like some cops turn out to be crooked. It would be nice if stuff like this wasn't common among Eagle Scouts but, well...I've said enough already I think.

Serve em Up
09-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Has anyone noticed that these pictures represent crimes? I.e. underage drinking... of unwed mothers-to-be. Or do Republicans only get involved in the case of crack babies?

That's a pretty nasty shot. You liberal tolerance is showing!

fridrix
09-05-2008, 04:05 PM
That's a pretty nasty shot. You liberal tolerance is showing!

Republicans have been known press for capital murder charges when crack babies die... yet none of them are calling out for an investigation here.

pmerk34
09-05-2008, 06:49 PM
True, I actually disagree with my last post. Superman1, you're wrong. Historically, Dems are always up this time of year, then the Republicans quickly gain on them.

Obama and his campaign are very clever, and they know the rules of the game. Should be interesting to see if they can beat the machine--again. I would have to agree that the odds are still stacked against Obama. Republicans just have a way of sliming their way to victory. A lot of Americans will say one thing, but when they're in the actual booth and see the name "OBAMA" they might have second thoughts. Palin sounds so much better - and she's a woman!

When I see the name Obama you can bet I won't be pulling that lever.

Fee
09-05-2008, 07:12 PM
When I see the name Obama you can bet I won't be pulling that lever.

I'm sure his entire campaign staff is in mourning reading that.

pmerk34
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm sure his entire campaign staff is in mourning reading that.

They have enough to worry about.