PDA

View Full Version : Extremely short survey for a project...

Babb
09-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Select the statements that describe what you believe.

THIS POLL IS NOT PUBLIC.

If you take part in this poll, please do not take part in the other poll I will have started as this will lower the accuracy of the survey. Thank you!

certifiedjatt
09-01-2008, 01:29 PM
the questions about welfare are pretty misleading. they're hardcore economics questions, not one of beliefs.

Babb
09-01-2008, 01:32 PM
the questions about welfare are pretty misleading. they're hardcore economics questions, not one of beliefs.

They become beliefs questions because most people don't know much about hardcore economics... :-?

Kaptain Karl
09-01-2008, 01:53 PM
What "project" is this for? A class?

If it's for a grade, who helped you with Survey Design? (I ask because your questions are not concise.)

Here's some of what I mean....

I live in the US and would approve a raise in taxes.Raise taxes on whom? How much? When? How long? (Given the lack of clarity, my choice would be to NOT answer the question.)

I believe that in the US "affirmative action" is needed to reach equality (between races, etc).What about those of us who don't believe there's more than one "race"? "Etc." opens up a LARGE can of worms. (IOW, you're asking more than one question....)

I believe that welfare has a positive effect on society.(This will be more nit-picky.) Whose idea of "positive effect" do you mean?

I believe that there should be more restrictions of sex and violence on TV.Again, too open-ended. What level of "more restrictions" do you mean? For how long? Who decides? Can the "deciders" be replaced?

Then ... what one person sees as "sex" another may see as "art". Who makes the determination? (And all the other questions above.)

Then do the same clarifying with "violence".

CONCLUSION: You need to work on this survey some more....

- KK

Babb
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
What "project" is this for? A class?

If it's for a grade, who helped you with Survey Design? (I ask because your questions are not concise.)

Here's some of what I mean....

Raise taxes on whom? How much? When? How long? (Given the lack of clarity, my choice would be to NOT answer the question.)

What about those of us who don't believe there's more than one "race"? "Etc." opens up a LARGE can of worms. (IOW, you're asking more than one question....)

(This will be more nit-picky.) Whose idea of "positive effect" do you mean?

Again, too open-ended. What level of "more restrictions" do you mean? For how long? Who decides? Can the "deciders" be replaced?

Then ... what one person sees as "sex" another may see as "art". Who makes the determination? (And all the other questions above.)

Then do the same clarifying with "violence".

CONCLUSION: You need to work on this survey some more....

- KK
Most people are not so intelligent as to ask such questions. Which is why this survey is flawed because a lot of people on TT have higher than average intelligence.

For further clarification you can send me an email or something, because there is more to this survey than what it seems.