PDA

View Full Version : Finally - clinical study proves abstinence works!

norcal
09-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah not so much.

Palin's daughter's prenatal care routine.

http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol.JPG
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol1.JPG
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol2.JPG

TonyB
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Is that her?

Phil
09-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Re. the third photo...anyone who gives the "peace" sign while posing for a photo is a complete idiot. Guess that explains everything else that has happened to her lately.

crazytennis
09-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Even if that is her, give her a break. She made a mistake , everybody does. You wouldn't want your teenage mistake to be on an internet forum , do you ?

Phil
09-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Even if that is her, give her a break. She made a mistake , everybody does. You wouldn't want your teenage mistake to be on an internet forum , do you ?
Yes, she made a major error in judgement (as a lot of teens do) and it's a shame that her name and life is being dragged into the public. I think these family matters should be off limits in a political campaign and so does Obama...he said so in an interview. The same can't be said for the media and, possibly, elements in the Democratic (and even Republican) party.

She is the victim here-she is not a criminal. However...that said, it DOES say something about her mother, who, as an Evangelical, preaches to the public about abstinence and is stronly against school funds for sex education. Presumably, one of the reasons McCain chose her as his running mate is to appease social conservatives. So, now she'll go barnstorming across the country telling Americans what to do or not do in their own bedrooms and yet, she can't even get a handle on her own kid, living under her own roof? Looks like typical right wing hypocrisy to me...they're either DOING it themselves, or their family is.

I feel sorry for her daughter, but it's too late: the kid is now involved in a game of political football and, sadly, she's the football.

Shahar26
09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Re. the third photo...anyone who gives the "peace" sign while posing for a photo is a complete idiot. Guess that explains everything else that has happened to her lately.

I think it's clear that they are playing rock paper scissors.....

Who's the idiot now?

crazytennis
09-02-2008, 10:18 AM
My comment was actually directed to the OP. You posted when I was typing my comment.

But I do agree that she's a victim and the media needed something. But, it is still pretty unfair to the kid. The Sarah Palin thing could go either way. You can look towards it as a rebellious kid doing whatever they want and on the other side, if Sarah can't even influence(I can't think of a better word) her own kid, how's she going to do it to a whole country?

Everyone can only hope, Bristol doesn't follow Chelsea as a first-kid. That would be something.

Phil
09-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I think it's clear that they are playing rock paper scissors.....

Who's the idiot now?
Yeah, right. Try again.

crazytennis
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, right. Try again.

That was pretty fast. :)

power_play21
09-02-2008, 10:45 AM
thats really unfortunate because everyone has sex, theyre just lucky enough condoms dont break, pills work, etc. she is a normal teenager, and people will judge her like they didnt do it, or their kids dont. went to 5 different high schools, 98% of the kids drank and most had sex already, everyone i knew in undergrad in college drank, and had sex. so, just kinda unfortuante they're in a situation where they get judged by a nation of say one thing, do another.

anyways, media is not gonna ignore it, because for better or worse, Palin and McCain got themselves in a situation that they are judged, and saying one thing, and having your family do another, is kind of bad lol, especially when like phil said, you're running for office and you cant even do waht you preach at home.

this comes down to what palin and mccain stand for. abstinence and no sex ed, which, as proven by her own daughter, doesnt work.

so, if their judgement on this issue was proven so bad, how can we trust it in more important things? well, i hope we dont find out.

i was gonna vote for mccain, but now i just cant anymore. barack it is, tax cut removal and whatnot.

tbini87
09-02-2008, 11:40 AM
it sucks for the daughter that she is going to be harassed by the media and all. i think it also sucks that somehow Palin is getting trashed for something she probably had very little control over. if every parent was held accountable for the actions of their children im pretty sure no one would be having kids! how can people say she can't do at home what she preaches? she probably preached at home too... but if a teenager wants to drink and have sex (protected or not) that is the teenagers choice... not the parents...

crazytennis
09-02-2008, 11:45 AM
it sucks for the daughter that she is going to be harassed by the media and all. i think it also sucks that somehow Palin is getting trashed for something she probably had very little control over. if every parent was held accountable for the actions of their children im pretty sure no one would be having kids! how can people say she can't do at home what she preaches? she probably preached at home too... but if a teenager wants to drink and have sex (protected or not) that is the teenagers choice... not the parents...

Great post!

norcal
09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Her boyfriend seems like a mature, down to earth guy. I think mom forcing her 17 year old daughter to marry this mouth breather defines 'family values'.

This is what his myspace said BEFORE it went private:

“I’m a ****in’ redneck who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes. But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some **** and just ****in’ chillin’ I guess. Ya **** with me I’ll kick ***.”
Children: “I don’t want kids.”

SlapShot
09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Her boyfriend seems like a mature, down to earth guy. I think mom forcing her 17 year old daughter to marry this mouth breather defines 'family values'.

Wow.

I'm starting to believe that Idiocracy wasn't a comedy, it was a documentary.

Shahar26
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM

That pic is not the boyfriend, this is (I'm just quoting an online source, so don't kill me if I'm wrong please).

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09022008/news/nationalnews/palin_teen_has_baby_on_board_127096.htm

http://thesuperficial.com/2008/09/02/0902_levi_johnston_hockey_00.jpg

crazytennis
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Brilliant. A nation acts on the action of a 17 year old lad. Good god!

chess9
09-02-2008, 01:08 PM
That pic is not the boyfriend, this is (I'm just quoting an online source, so don't kill me if I'm wrong please).

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09022008/news/nationalnews/palin_teen_has_baby_on_board_127096.htm

I can't say I'd want my daughter dating him after reading that article! On the other hand, he's not the sort of kid my daughter likes...thankfully. But, he's just 17 years old and boys at that age are a little rough around the edges.

-Robert

TonyB
09-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow.

I'm starting to believe that Idiocracy wasn't a comedy, it was a documentary.

Not a documentary, but a work of true genius and quite prophetic.

We'll see in a very short time...

BTW, watch Soylent Green and Idiocracy back to back and it'll send shivers down your spine.

Steady Eddy
09-02-2008, 01:46 PM
This is what his myspace said BEFORE it went private:

“I’m a ****in’ redneck who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes. But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some **** and just ****in’ chillin’ I guess. Ya **** with me I’ll kick ***.”
Children: “I don’t want kids.”
Maybe he should be president?

superman1
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM

You know what, it IS under the parents' control. I couldn't get away with anything when I lived with my parents. Palin thinks sex ed is filth and shouldn't be taught to children, and that the only thing that should be thumped over their heads is not to have sex. Clearly Palin has been too busy to keep track of her daughter and give her curfews, or at least just give her a heart to heart talk about boys and sex and why you should wait. That would have been too filthy, I guess. And unless a condom failed, her daughter was clearly uneducated about sex and thus got pregnant. Now she's being forced to marry this self-proclaimed f'ing redneck because that's the way it works if you live under Sarah Palin.

CyBorg
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, she made a major error in judgement (as a lot of teens do) and it's a shame that her name and life is being dragged into the public. I think these family matters should be off limits in a political campaign and so does Obama...he said so in an interview. The same can't be said for the media and, possibly, elements in the Democratic (and even Republican) party.

She is the victim here-she is not a criminal. However...that said, it DOES say something about her mother, who, as an Evangelical, preaches to the public about abstinence and is stronly against school funds for sex education. Presumably, one of the reasons McCain chose her as his running mate is to appease social conservatives. So, now she'll go barnstorming across the country telling Americans what to do or not do in their own bedrooms and yet, she can't even get a handle on her own kid, living under her own roof? Looks like typical right wing hypocrisy to me...they're either DOING it themselves, or their family is.

I feel sorry for her daughter, but it's too late: the kid is now involved in a game of political football and, sadly, she's the football.

You know, Phil. Despite our earlier disagreements, I must say that I still really enjoy reading your posts.

fridrix
09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah not so much.

http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol.JPG
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol1.JPG
http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bristol2.JPG

Palin's right-wing posturing paid for all the clothes, jewelry and booze in those pictures, as well as their computers and cameras and the SUV the kids no doubt fooled around in. That does seem a little hypocritical to me. Cf. Ezekiel 16.

Steady Eddy
09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
You know what, it IS under the parents' control. I couldn't get away with anything when I lived with my parents. Palin thinks sex ed is filth and shouldn't be taught to children, and that the only thing that should be thumped over their heads is not to have sex. Clearly Palin has been too busy to keep track of her daughter and give her curfews, or at least just give her a heart to heart talk about boys and sex and why you should wait. That would have been too filthy, I guess. And unless a condom failed, her daughter was clearly uneducated about sex and thus got pregnant. Now she's being forced to marry this self-proclaimed f'ing redneck because that's the way it works if you live under Sarah Palin.
There's alot Palin could say in her defense in reference to these statements.

You could have gotten away with it when you lived with your parents, unless they kept you locked up.

We don't know that her daughter got pregnant because she didn't know enough about sex. In fact, sexual knowledge is poorly correlated with avoiding pregnancy. Her daughter might have wanted to get pregnant or, sometimes people do things that aren't in their long term interest. As the saying goes, "The flesh is weak."

She could also blame the modern culture and say that she can't protect her daughter from that because it's omnipresent. She might want to help change the culture, but until that happens, she understands how parents are helpless to prevent these things, etc.

Phil
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
You know, Phil. Despite our earlier disagreements, I must say that I still really enjoy reading your posts.
Why, thank you, CyBorg. I don't have a problem with disagreements, for the most part. No grudges held here.

RanchDressing
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
The fact of the matter is that she preaches abstinance and she cand even get through to her daughter.
1st/2nd Family&health
next work
If she cant even take care of priority numero uno her own daughter, how the hell is she supposed to be able be vice president.
I wouldnt be so negative to any other person, because they are only human. But somone who is helping run the richest and most powerful country in the world needs to be far beyond the normal person, and needs to lead a near perfect life.

tbini87
09-03-2008, 06:29 PM

this post is a joke. first of all, you can have sex at any time in the day (or night)... so a curfew can't prevent that. and how do you know that she wasn't educated about sex? almost every kid i knew growing up got an education on sex no matter what their parent's religious beliefs were. and you know that Palin was too busy to talk with her daughter about it? wow. i am pretty sure you probably don't know any real specifics about the situation. i don't know how you get off thinking that parents can completely control a teenager but im sure you will learn the hard way once you actually have kids. it really doesn't matter how strict a parent is if a kid simply isn't going to listen. you are telling me that you couldn't have found a way to hang out with friends and drink or have sex in high school if that is what you wanted to do? either you were locked in your room all day or simply not creative enough to find a way how to.

MLoutch
09-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Those pic's are not her! just look at any of the other pics of her (there are tons on the web) NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Perez Hilton website is a scumbag site that is on the level of "news of the world" rag sold on the check out asile.

How about being responsable and doubling checking SH** like this before posting crap.

Swissv2
09-05-2008, 06:09 PM

So would you call the majority of asian people idiots for throwing up the "peace" sign also? You surprise me, considering where you live at.

fridrix
09-05-2008, 08:39 PM

"Peace," or "piece"? :oops:

superstition
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_syndrome

Or "Down's Syndrome", eh?

Phil
09-05-2008, 09:00 PM
So would you call the majority of asian people idiots for throwing up the "peace" sign also? You surprise me, considering where you live at.
I'm don't think "the majority of Asian people" do that. The tendency is for younger people to do it (in both Asia and the USA). To me it's an idiotic gesture and it totally ruins the shot; it has nothing to do with where one lives. Call this a pet peeve of mine or a quirk, if you want.

superstition
09-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Let's move off the peace sign and back to Palin, eh?

35ft6
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
it sucks for the daughter that she is going to be harassed by the media and all. i think it also sucks that somehow Palin is getting trashed for something she probably had very little control over. Well then she should stop talking about family values, because it's almost like she's implying that parents can shape their children's behavior. And she stop worrying about gay marriage if parents don't have a lot of influence on kids.if every parent was held accountable for the actions of their children im pretty sure no one would be having kids!You might have just had really lousy parents, tbini. My parents actually had quite a bit of influence on me.