PDA

View Full Version : Question about Prince hand gel alternative

tvanhooz
09-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I play here in Florida and am constantly fighting to keep my hands dry during play. So far, I have been pretty successful using that Prince hand gel drying stuff and switching rackets. I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone found an alternative that is similar to this Prince hand gel stuff that may be cheaper than the $9.99 I spend for each bottle? I was wondering if some type of deodorant would do the same.

2. In those late sets when I am drenched in sweat...is it against the rules for me to keep a bottle of that stuff in my pocket and use either between points or between games? Right now I re-apply between switchovers, but sometimes I would love to re-apply before my serve..between games. Not sure if I am allowed to have it either in my pocket or by the back/side fence with a towel I have brought out to the court.

Thanks.

investorofmercy
09-06-2008, 03:08 AM
I love that stuff also. I just ordered some wristbands to see if that helps. I also use tournagrip and sometimes I have to change grips at the set change even though I alternate 2 racquets.....

Has anyone here compared rosin to Prince gel to maybe the tacky towel?

Rorsach
09-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Do like Ivan Lendl and stuff your pockets full of sawdust.

It worked for him.

Or you could use powdered chalk in your pocket. Or this: www.dryhands.com

Il Mostro
09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I prefer Dry Grip (sold here at TW) to the Prince. It keeps my hand drier and isn't nearly as messy. Do try a wrist band. I was getting sweat on the lower part of my grip from a wrist support. After I put on the wrist band, problem solved. Now that my injury is healed and I do not need the wrist support, I still use the wrist band because it is an excellent way to mop my head without having to run for a towel.