PDA

View Full Version : racquetball

Drewwonu
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
So i had my first day of college today (boo! :( ) and i was in our gymnasium and we have 4 racquetball rooms. My mom had an old racquetball racquet and i decided to try it. Im telling you guys, this was so much fun! It has alot in common with tennis and the best part is the air conditioning. I found a bunch of guys that play three times a week. I highly suggest everyone who reads this thread to try racquetball. I can see me doing this in the winter while i cant play tennis! :)

crazytennis
09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I used to play squash a bit. I just had to stop as my need couldn't take both squash and tennis. Great exercise though and also pretty fun to play when you can't play tennis.

LuckyR
09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Racquetball is a great, fun workout, but as you get more and more into it, you actually run a lot less. Squash is also fun, but if you got heavily into it, it could mess with your tennis stroke, IMO.

ollinger
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Great game, I actually prefer it to squash because the use of the ceiling creates more variety, and you don't have to stay quite as (perilously) close to your opponent as in squash. I never felt it interfered with tennis, actually seemed to help as one's responses must necessarily become quicker.

itsstephenyo
09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Going from tennis to racquetball is easier than the other way around. Playing racquetball first, and then trying to get good at tennis is really awkward.