PDA

View Full Version : 2 tennis balls

nCode747
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Me and my friend where talking about this for a while: You are playing a match, it is match point for the other player. its your serve, you get two balls like normal but one ball is perfect, brand new. but the other ball is total crap, like 5 years old so flat that if you stand on it it compleatly compresses. the ball is so dirty its not even yellow, its brown. Do you use the bad ball on your first serve, so you can get some ok pace on it. or do you use good ball on first serve so you can just kill it, try to get any ace or somthing. but if the first serve goes out or hits the net then you are screwed.

(Blank)
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Use the flat one first and hit a slice serve and hope the spin and flat ball throws the other player off and if I miss my first serve, I have a perfectly good ball to hit a kicker with on my 2nd serve.

Vincent Left
09-03-2008, 12:01 AM
-_-

I'd use the good one for my 1st serve, kill it, and if not in, ask somebody to pick it up and bring to me for my 2nd serve...

westside
09-03-2008, 12:11 AM
-_-

I'd use the good one for my 1st serve, kill it, and if not in, ask somebody to pick it up and bring to me for my 2nd serve...

This works too :)

Arbartrator
09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
-_-

lol do you say please and thank you

NotAtTheNet
09-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Haha, i do this all the time... i use the new ball to boom my flat 1st serve in for an ace, and on my 2nd serve, I like balls that are "seasoned" not but flat, but maybe a bit wild on the fuzz bc i think (or at least i feel) that the extra fuzz catches the strings better for a better kick 2nd serve, also I like to rally it out on the 2nd serve so a seasoned ball tends to stay in play a bit longer.

Vincent Left
09-03-2008, 10:13 PM
lol do you say please and thank you

No I believe my opponent would automaticly pick it up, if not, I'll rise my racquet so he/she understands, and I'll just smile back... kidding, I'm saying that I prefer to use balls in similar condition. Otherwise even ur serve goes OK, next stroke could be a problem.

I like old balls, when hitting against the wall, they're soft and won't go too fast.