PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Grip and Overgrip Thickness Measurements

Magnus_CA
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm going through a little exercise of my own looking for the right overgrip/replacement grip combination and I thought I'd pass on some observations...

Overgrip/Replacement Grip THICKNESS Measurements

Yonex Super Grap Overgrip - 0.020" (says 0.6mm or 0.024" on the package)
Tourna Grip II Overgrip - 0.020"
Babolat 'Natural' Leather Replacement Grip - 0.065"
Laserfibre Twintone Replacement Grip - 0.051"
Prince DuraPro+ Replacement Grip - 0.064"
Gamma Supreme Overgrip - 0.022"

All grips were measured fresh out of the wrapper with a calibrated Vernier caliper. Since these products are soft and give a little I took a few measurements along the grip and calculated an average. You can also expect a difference in thickness from one manufacturing lot to another so YMMV.

Too bad TW stopped carrying their leather wraps!! I think the 1.3 would be perfect for what I'm looking for.

Hope this proves to be useful to someone!

gastro54
12-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks - this is useful info for sure. Good job averaging the measurements. I wish TW would provide this data on their product pages.

Magnus_CA
12-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Thank you...I have some Gamma Extreme overgrip I'll post some measurements on when I get a chance.

mikeler
12-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Just put on three Twintones last night. It definitely looks and feels thinner than the two different overgrips I replaced. Thanks for the numbers on it.

ClubHoUno
12-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Thank you...I have some Gamma Extreme overgrip I'll post some measurements on when I get a chance.

Have you had the chance to measure Gamma Supreme overgrip - would like to know if Gamma is correct, when they say it is 0.6 mm thick :confused:

Magnus_CA
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Have you had the chance to measure Gamma Supreme overgrip - would like to know if Gamma is correct, when they say it is 0.6 mm thick :confused:

Gamma Supreme Overgrip - 0.022"

So my sample is a touch thinner than 0.6 mm. It'll be even less when stretched and wrapped.