PDA

View Full Version : electric water heater timer

noobplayer
09-03-2008, 12:06 AM
how many people use electric water heaters in their home? if so, do u guys have a timer installed?

also does any1 know if they even make that much of a difference for modern electric water heaters, in terms of saving $ on electric bill?

SoBad
09-03-2008, 01:30 AM
I have an electric water heater that is only used as back-up for when there is no hot water coming through the water system. It is a self-timing device (stops heating when full of heated water automatically). I am uncertain of the impact on the electric bill. What is going on with utilities in HI that makes you ask these questions?

noobplayer
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
well im just wondering due to the high price of gas, the electric prices in hawaii has also gone up?

noobplayer
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
also for the good of the planet, i dont want to contribute more global warming by wasting electricity due to the water heater?

SoBad
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
well im just wondering due to the high price of gas, the electric prices in hawaii has also gone up?

Whereas utilities bills often times have tendency to move (up) in tendem, there is little evidence available to link gasoline prices and electricity costs formulaicly, on a general worldwide basis. Therefore, I would suggest examining utility bills, reading HI media, or posting on local forums in order to get accurate information on potential impact/correlation between cost of car fuel and home electricity in your particular locale.

also for the good of the planet, i dont want to contribute more global warming by wasting electricity due to the water heater?

I would not worry about that too much, just take care of yourself, and let natural selection take its course as human species enters critical stages of competition for resources this year.