PDA

View Full Version : VOSS Water

hollywood9826
09-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Has antone ever heard of this stuff? I like the bottle shape iys very easy to pack.

Some other people I know say that there is a correlation to VOSS water and activities of the non-hetero crowd.

So my questions are

1.) Is there support from the gay community for VOSS Water?
2.) If such a link exists, why has this ver came to my attention?
3.) would so called link be for just the Sparkling VOSS only or for any and all kinds of VOSS Water

I was thinking my fellow MAC members were just joshing, but I wouldnt want to drink water that may be linked to an alternative lifestyle. I hear they add carbon and all others kinds of stuff this water.

Thanks for your clarification on this matter,

Hollywood9826

Go Murray

http://web.mac.com/resourcesforlife/journal/writings/Entries/2007/7/22_VOSS_Water_from_Norway_files/shapeimage_1.jpg

ollinger
09-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Are you concerned that drinking this water will influence your preferences, or are you merely immature?

hollywood9826
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Im just saying that somehow this water got linked to caertain community. Seeing as how this is the internet I figured instead of asking a simple question I would allow people to get either flame or laugh as they see fit. It's called being over the top

They (being a fellow TW MACer) says this water is a hit within certain circles of DC. I dont know how or why a certain community would embrace something as simple as spring/sparkling water. Donna Summer and Rocky Horror Picture show are completly different, but I'm talking about water.

So is there a true connection or was somebody just busting my chops.

TheJRK
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Hahaha, LMAO!!!!11!!!

Who said that to you? Was it Sappy? He was probably just messing with you. I know they sell that stuff in the clubs/restaurants here and it's kinda pricey for water... if I'm gonna spend $10 on a drink in a club it better have alcohol in it.

Just thought I add my 2 cents before this thread gets shut down, haha.

:)

p.s. I did read that the bottle makes an excellent vase for flowers...

FloridaAG
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
1. Who really gives a hoot?

2. It is very good water and very popular albeit expensive. We scored many bottles at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival.

sapient007
09-03-2008, 02:36 PM
http://gaycityusa.blogspot.com/2007/01/celebrities-refuse-to-drink-evian.html

According to top celebrity caterer David Mintz in Toronto, stars are simply turning toward other brands, specifically, Fiji, or the Norwegian water known as Voss. Both brands are ubiquitous in show business these days. So, maybe stars think the easiest way to get either Fiji or Voss—aside from specifically requesting Fiji or Voss—is to ban Evian.

Topaz
09-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Hollywood...I walked into a colleague's classroom today, and she had a bottle on her desk. I nearly fell over in laughter!!!

Sup2Dresq
09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Hollywood...I walked into a colleague's classroom today, and she had a bottle on her desk. I nearly fell over in laughter!!!

Does she play for the other team?. Maybe Hollywood has dated her ... per his other posts.

Topaz
09-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Does she play for the other team?. Maybe Hollywood has dated her ... per his other posts.

Not as far as I know...but she is a bit...'different'. *eyebrow*

Sup2Dresq
09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Not as far as I know...but she is a bit...'different'. *eyebrow*

Maybe she is the one sending Hollywood pictures to his cell phone. Does she like VOSS.. like Hollywood enjoys Rambo and Star Wars movies? (inside joke)

Hot Sauce
09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
VOSS is BOSS!

Never had it.

Fedace
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM
It looks like perfect water for DelPotro. Faminine and yet powerful.

StealthGnome
09-03-2008, 07:36 PM
How much is a bottle?

I think I'll stick to San Francisco Tap.

hollywood9826
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
For 10 bucks that must be for the sparkling chumpies. The regular bottle I buy at the Claas 6 cost me 2 bucks for a liter. Only 60 cents more than the sport bottle generic water.

Sapient, you link does nothing to prove this so called link between VOSS water and alternative lifestyles.

sapient007
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
i've connected the dots and found this. explains a lot doesn't

Voss Lesbian Personals

http://mingle2.com/online-dating/hordaland/voss/lesbian-personals

Fee
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Real Hollywood liberals and smart homosexuals don't pay for bottled water because its an enviro nightmare. Real lefties carry their own around in a recycled re-usable aluminum sports bottle.

hollywood9826
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
^^^^

Why because VOSS is a city in Norway? And said city has on line personal service for gay/lesbian people to find thier potential soul mate.

Sorry Sappy, you will have to find a little better conneck than that.

SoBad
09-03-2008, 11:21 PM
$10 drinking water and sexual emancipation are correlated in that both are common items in the realm of high society. However, there is no evidence to suggest a causative link, as far as I know.

Sup2Dresq
09-04-2008, 05:20 AM
They say a product targets its customers through marketing and sponsorships. Right?

Voss sponsored the Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.

Perhaps this is like that movie Saving Silverman.. does Jack Black's character and Hollywood resemble each other in some way?

http://blog.boriss.org/img/Saving-Silverman-198.jpg

hollywood9826
09-04-2008, 05:52 AM
That Sup I did not know. And whats the arrow there on Jack Blacks face supposed to mean?

Also and completely unrelated to the topic. I hit a serve last night and the guy couldnt move or get a racuet on it so it plucked him on the knee :)

Also I drink VOSS Water and have been to the Miami G&L Film Festival

jmsx521
09-04-2008, 07:02 AM
I used VOSS often in the last year... though now I switched to 1gal. jugs since I have urge for more H2O.

The VOSS bottles are less than $2 at my local supermarket. The taste obviously makes barely any difference, but the bottle is convenient to use and I kept reusing them for months... filling them with filtered water. Since the inside will get dirty with bacteria by overusing it, you have to wash it often... and the VOSS bottle has a large throat and is easier to clean on the inside.

dima
09-04-2008, 07:18 AM
A lot of fine-dining places sell Voss, I've had it before and it tastes like water lol. I actually recall Federer adressing the media one day while drinking Voss water.