PDA

View Full Version : medicine balls?

teamusa
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure if I should post this under fitness or equipment, but either way it will help someone out in this section.

Does anyone know where you can get medicine balls that bounce HIGH??
As seen here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rXncq7dO4E

Personally, I have one hard medicine ball and one soft. The hard one is not designed to bounce but the soft one is. However, the soft one is really soft and only bounces 1-2 feet average.
All the medicine balls in gyms do not bounce high either.

Barricade V
09-03-2008, 05:39 PM
that looked really flat i'm amazed how high it bounced. I have no idea where to find them, im interested too.

Fedace
09-03-2008, 05:43 PM
I wonder if you can just substitute this for all your workouts and not go to the gym ?

teamusa
09-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I don't know. When I was a junior player I went to an academy for a few years and they really stressed medicine ball training and plios. But the medicine balls they had were not as bouncy as those, so the drills were really different and didn't involve the bouncing obviously.

But I'm really curious too. Those drills look great and I've seen a lot of other sports use them too. I just wonder where to get them. I did a google search but it doesn't help much because no website actually shows the ball bounce, so it's hard to tell what it's going to do hahaha!

But like I said, the ball I have the bounces only goes knee height at max. Those are going as high as wasit level.

Hot Sauce
09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Are you 100% sure that was a medicine ball?

Too much monotone rambling in that video! :p

teamusa
09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Are you 100% sure that was a medicine ball?

Too much monotone rambling in that video! :p

Well, granted no one said "medicine ball" during that whole thing.. but I don't know what else it would be! ;)
It looks like one, and it's definately weighted. So I think yes.
But, it very well could be something I don't know about.

teamusa
09-05-2008, 06:49 AM
I guess no one knows...

maverick66
09-05-2008, 11:04 AM
http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx_Q_ID_E_4966_A_CategoryID_E_166

these bounce pretty good. u can inflate them more and they bounce better. we used to play mini tennis with them on a hard court so they bounce.

teamusa
09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
hey, thanks!
i hope that since you can inflate them more, or less, it will work.