mista-k
09-04-2008, 04:43 AM
ok its coffee but no caffeine...
but why do YOU drink it?
lets discuss

axtxoxxdaxtx

Fedace
09-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Maybe it is for the delicious coffee taste ?

FastFreddy
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I switched 3 years ago to decaf, I wasn't so nice to be around for 2 weeks.
Now I can go all day without coffee even days. I will not be in a bad mood at work if I miss my morning coffee. It tastes the same to me plus I can have more without flipping out or crashing from the reg caffine coffee. If I drink regular coffee I can have 3 small cups thats it any more its not fun. Decaf I can have 4-6 small cups and feel fine.

PimpMyGame
09-04-2008, 08:16 AM
A bit like Diet Coke or a KSix-One Lite, I have never seen the point in decaf.

Fedace
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM

What about that unique Aroma and that sweet Columbian taste that the Coffee can offer you.:)

mista-k
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM
as you can see I garbled "antioxidants"...
surprisingly it has this but it seems to be uncommon knowledge...
I just never did understand why this drink is still around being served/sold. Its like coffee candy I guess (wc I would prefer).

off topic>caffeine products are being sold in different forms these days and in excessive amounts (gum ->energy drinks)

ilovecarlos
09-04-2008, 08:40 AM
You do know that Decaf still has some "caf" in it, right?

ollinger
09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Very little. Decaffeination process is not 100% effective, not more than a few percent left in.

diegaa
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
decaf? puaj.

0range
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I drink coffee all throughout the day; partly because I love the taste and aroma of the hot drink, partly because I needed the caffeine, and partly because of oral fixation I think (like some ppl have to chew gum all the time, I need that hot drink with me).

But I learned to drink decaf past 7; it gives me the same satifisfaction of a regular coffee without giving me insomnia.

FastFreddy
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I gave up soda 9 years ago and coffee 3year don't need the caffine fix any more. I go to sleep faster and wake up with any caffine fix in the morning. I know decaf has a little but don't drink starbucks decaf I can taste and feel it has more caffine than most decaf coffee I drank.

StealthGnome
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
What about that unique Aroma and that sweet Columbian taste that the Coffee can offer you.:)

Underpants Gnomes, right?! :)

CanadianChic
09-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I won't touch decaf with a ten foot pole. I want caffeine man, and as much as I can load into my body. There is nothing like that first cup of steamin' joe in the morning and I will drink delightful cup after savoury cup until I feel my entire body start to vibrate. Then I know I am awake and in a very good place.

Lakoste
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I own a coffeeshop and not many people order decaf. More ladies order it over the men I've noticed, maybe 1/10?

CanadianChic
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey L, how is that CC coffee coming along? I imagine it is a big seller.

Lakoste
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey L, how is that CC coffee coming along? I imagine it is a big seller.

I've actually talked to the manager (I don't actually work there, just pop in all the time for free coffee:)) about having signature coffee that were named after people. Although for some reason I don't think a coffee with Canadian in the name would be a huge seller. Since nothing good has ever come out of there, especially coffee.

0range
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I've actually talked to the manager (I don't actually work there, just pop in all the time for free coffee:)) about having signature coffee that were named after people. Although for some reason I don't think a coffee with Canadian in the name would be a huge seller. Since nothing good has ever come out of there, especially coffee.

Hey, BC exports the best weed.

CanadianChic
09-04-2008, 09:18 PM

Ouch! Darn it L, why do you keep hurting me this way? ;) I don't know what sense your manager has, but to not exploit the fine benefits of the north, the fresh, pure glacier water, majestic mountains and clean air would all help in the marketing process, no? Even the word Canadian would be a bonus. Personally, I would opt to at least try to work "approved by Timmy's" onto the cup somewhere.

All right then...if you won't name a coffee after me, would you consider setting up a large cardboard mule by the entrance which advertises "Pepe's Pick of the Day"?

LuckyR
09-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Drinking decaf for the coffee taste if you like the taste of coffee makes more sense to me than drinking coffee for the caffeine if you hate the taste of coffee.

Orangejumper
09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
i drink decaf most of the time as normal coffee sends me off on one,sweats etc. dont get me wrong i like it but i can feel its not doing me any favours.
Decaf taste isnt nealy as good but its half way there.

Orangejumper
09-06-2008, 02:42 AM
i drink decaf most of the time as normal coffee sends me off on one,sweats etc. dont get me wrong i like it but i can feel its not doing me any favours.
Decaf taste isnt nealy as good but its half way there.

Orangejumper
09-06-2008, 02:45 AM
DID YOU GET THAT!!
these newbies.:rolleyes:

malakas
09-06-2008, 02:49 AM
Coffee barely works on me anymore,imagine if I drinked decaf!:?

raiden031
09-06-2008, 04:48 AM

I think diet coke makes alot more sense than decaf coffee. I can't stand drinking water unless I'm exercising and really thirsty. But throughout normal activities during the day I crave a sweet taste. So thats where diet coke comes in where I get that taste without the calories. Now decaf coffee tastes disgusting compared to regular coffee, which isn't all that good itself, but I only drink coffee because the caffeine allows me to enjoy it. I can't imagine someone would get any enjoyment out of decaf. Its about as bad as drinking non-alcoholic beer.