PDA

View Full Version : Head Ergofeel anyone?

Power Player
09-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I am playing a demo AG300 and it has this grip on it. It is really fantastic. Very tacky and does not get wet at all. I as wondering what your opinions were on this grip, and if there are even better products in this vein i should check out also.

Thrice
09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
My GF likes this grip a lot, so much that I had to hunt a couple down so I can regrip her racquet. The grip lasted several months for her, but she's not a big hitter.

I'm more of a leather grip with Wilson overgrip kind of guy, but I liked the Wilson Micro Dry grips before I converted. They aren't smooth like the Ergofeels and a little less grippy though. Seemed to handle the heat and humidity pretty well as I recall.

JW10S
09-04-2008, 01:07 PM
It is a very good grip. The 'Ergofeel' refers to the fact that the grip tapers somewhat--it is thicker at the butt end and gets thinner toward the top.

Power Player
09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I can avoid using an overgrip with this grip right?

Overgrip is better suited for leather grips since you can continually strip the overgrip off and not destroy the leather under it correct? That is just my assumption at least.

Power Player
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Other question, should I put this new Head grip on and then cover it with a Wilson Pro? Or wait until the grip wears down and then put on an overgrip? I have never really thought much about it before, but I want to do it right this time.

JW10S
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Play with the grip first then after it's worn some you can use an overgrip.

Power Player
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Play with the grip first then after it's worn some you can use an overgrip.

Ok cool..sounds ideal. Thanks. :)