PDA

View Full Version : Best lower ab workout?

babolat141
09-04-2008, 03:59 PM
As the title says.

Gmedlo
09-04-2008, 07:00 PM
incline crunches, IMO. Not sure how healthy they are the way I do them, but I manage to get a pump in my lower abs after doing them that gives me an 8-pack :lol:

But why are you trying to target your lower abs? Just curious.

Max Winther
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
If you've got access to a pull up bar, either hang from your arms or (if your lucky) some straps that hang off the bar and do leg raises. That's really effective because you have to keep yourself stable the whole range of motion.

Fee
09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Ab rocker. or Bender ball.

(okay I'm kidding, I have no idea)

superman1
09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Rickson described this one so I tried it and it's a definite lower abs killer. You have that decline bench that everyone does decline crunches with. Well, you sit on it the opposite way, so that your head is on top and your feet are on bottom. You hold onto the bench and raise your legs to your chest. Surprisingly this is much tougher than traditional leg raises when you are vertical.

Rickson
09-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm glad you liked them, super. You get more resistance than when you're vertical because the angled bench makes it tougher for you to bring up your legs than when you're vertical. I showed this exercise to my physical therapist client and she said she'd never been so sore in her life.

malakas
09-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Very interesting Rickson!
I do fly push-ups and planks and leg raises at a type of roman chair:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2584203222_511483bab0.jpg?v=0

The best I have found is swimming freestyle using only your upper body.This is an ab-killer and gave me the best results.

El Guapo
09-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Rickson described this one so I tried it and it's a definite lower abs killer. You have that decline bench that everyone does decline crunches with. Well, you sit on it the opposite way, so that your head is on top and your feet are on bottom. You hold onto the bench and raise your legs to your chest. Surprisingly this is much tougher than traditional leg raises when you are vertical.
Never got much from that one. Have to do way too many reps to even feel fatigued.