PDA

View Full Version : My used tennis tutor saga continues!!!

dman72
09-05-2008, 05:30 AM
So, I get the batteries in the mail yesterday. I put them in, flick the on switch, the wheels start turning. I adjust the ball speed knob, they move faster. I hit the oscillation and elevation buttons..things start moving.

However, the metal rod that turns the ball hopper spinner/feeder thing is not turning. I turn the ball feed rate knob, wait way longer than the 10 second delay...nothing. I'm hoping that this is just a function of a barely charged battery....otherwise, how much will it cost to put a new motor in for that mechanism? GRRRRRRRR.

flatpick
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes, you have to charge the battery overnight before you can expect full and lasting power from the machine.

Bolivian10s
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
So, I get the batteries in the mail yesterday. I put them in, flick the on switch, the wheels start turning. I adjust the ball speed knob, they move faster. I hit the oscillation and elevation buttons..things start moving.

However, the metal rod that turns the ball hopper spinner/feeder thing is not turning. I turn the ball feed rate knob, wait way longer than the 10 second delay...nothing. I'm hoping that this is just a function of a barely charged battery....otherwise, how much will it cost to put a new motor in for that mechanism? GRRRRRRRR.

The ball feed motor I think only costs $45.00, Call ST to confirm, how old is your machine?

dman72
09-10-2008, 05:25 AM
The ball feed motor I think only costs $45.00, Call ST to confirm, how old is your machine?

Machine is ten years old. It isn't the ball feed motor, it's the panel. I rigged up a battery and tapped the ball feed motor terminals as per their instructions, and it turned, so it has to be electrical. I just shipped off the panel to tennis tutor this morning. I have to say that the people over at Sports Tutor are incredibly helpful. So far, I love this company and they haven't even taken a penny from me, although that will change soon. :) I think I'm going to change out the wheels too since I have it open and I want it to be working perfectly when everything is said and done. Even with all this, this machine new would cost me over $1,000, and I'm looking at under $500 for a pretty much re-habbed machine once I'm done.

I really wanted to get in some sessions before it gets cold. I'm running out of weeks.

mark rodgers
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Great idea to replace those feed wheels. With new batteries and wheels, it'll seem as if it's new again.

Swissv2
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, you have to charge the battery overnight before you can expect full and lasting power from the machine.

flat knows what he is talking about.

dman72
09-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Well, the very helpful people over at tennis tutor said that there was one bad spot on the control panel that they would fix, and they are sending it back to me. I really have to tell you...I like this company. They've been nothing but helpful, and again..they haven't gotten a penny out of me. I am going to buy new wheels and a smart charger, though.