PDA

View Full Version : linespersons are good

10s talk
09-06-2008, 07:08 AM
it is amazing how good they are.....how many times has a shot been in or out by a fraction of an inch and they get the call right

YULitle
09-06-2008, 07:08 AM
are... are you asking us?

raiden031
09-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Yes but there are many times when they make a call that is off by several inches. I think the challenge system has proven just how flawed the linespeople really are. I don't blame them because they are doing their best, but there is certainly alot of error in it. I was at the US Open and watched some matches up close and watched them serving from the perspective of a linesperson and sometimes it was so fast I couldn't tell where the ball landed and I was right at the service line watching from the side.

10s talk
09-06-2008, 07:40 AM
just a statement, your opinion is welcome

I think they do an outstanding job, they get less than a second to make a call, and shot spot shows how good they are.

raiden031
09-06-2008, 07:43 AM
I think they do an outstanding job, they get less than a second to make a call, and shot spot shows how good they are.

It goes both ways. Good tight calls can be confirmed as well as proven wrong.

abenguyen
09-06-2008, 11:16 AM
It goes both ways. Good tight calls can be confirmed as well as proven wrong.

right on sometime they are right sometimes they are wrong. its pretty embarrassing imo when they call one in that is a few inches out

10s talk
09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
right on sometime they are right sometimes they are wrong. its pretty embarrassing imo when they call one in that is a few inches out

have you tried calling a close 125 mph serve ?...... with no time to think about it

superstition
09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
This generalization fails because each lines person is a unique human being. Some are outstanding. Some are not. Plus, every situation is different.