View Full Version : What vibration dampener is this?

09-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I was looking through all my old tennis and came a long a few vibration dampeners, and thought I would see how I would like them now.

Well, one really stood out to me, that might even replace my trust #64.

It's an "O", blue, says "winn" and has a weird symbol after the wording.

anyone know? :confused: I'd like to get some more of these.

09-06-2008, 09:47 AM
picture ?

09-06-2008, 10:04 AM
I'll go take one right now, hold please.

09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
it has been nearly 3 hours. i can't wait any longer. i have too many things to do. goodbye.

09-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry, I had to go buy a new battery for my camera.. I wasn't expecting you to sit here and wait that long lol.

here's quick pic I just took:

09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
looks like a blue cable grommet or a babolat custom dampener with the center parts removed.


now i can finally leave the computer...

09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
It couldn't be a babolat because those are too new, I haven't bought a new dampener since 2001 or 2002. I've been out of the game for a few years and always used a #64 rubber band, I also found these in a box I haven't opened since May 2002 (I marked it with the date when I put it storage).

Anyone else have any idea what it could be?
(Remember I said it says "winn" on it in my first post)

09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Winn is a company best known these days for their golf grips. Winn used to market tennis grips, strings and dampeners and I believe still make stringing machines. Winn's involvement in tennis is very limited these days.