PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmmm. Nice tasty hypocrisy!

superstition
09-06-2008, 06:47 PM
John Stewart on Palin (http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/2008/09/jon-stewart-ann.html)

It's too bad these videos are being pulled from YouTube by Viacom.

------------

I actually don't know if Stewart is righty or lefty, but he's hilarious.

I'm sure you could make a video showing equal hypocrisy from the other side, but the fact of the matter is that it's much easier to do it for the righties. There's just so much material!

Good find.

Best. Thread. Ever.

I nearly peed myself I was laughing so hard. Stewart is an absolute genius. This should be required viewing for all, including those on FoxNews.

everyone should see this. period.

and double period.

great post! (paraphrase)

Sorry, I don't have the rest of the props, but as I recall, there were about four or five other similar reactions.

NickC
09-06-2008, 06:59 PM
A senior McCain campaign official advises that, despite the gaggle of requests and pressure from the media, Gov. Sarah Palin won't submit to a formal interview anytime soon. She may take some questions from local news entities in Alaska, but until she's ready -- and until she's comfortable -- which might not be for a long while -- the media will have to wait. The campaign believes it can effectively deal with the media's complaints, and their on-the-record response to all this will be: "Sarah Palin needs to spend time with the voters."

Not out of the question are appearances on lighter, fluffier televisionshows. But -- not for a while.

In my earlier post before the thought police deleted it, I attacked Palin's decision to stay out of the way of the big news outlets (Fox, CNN, etc...) when it comes to interviews. In the video Superstition posted, someone attacked Hilary for crying and whining because she was a women, and lamented on how that would reflect on our current political climate in a bad way. My question is: If the "Big Boys in China, the Big Boys in the Middle East, and the Big Boys in Russia" (taken directly from the video) see Palin go on Oprah, or on The View instead of answering hard-ball questions on CNN or Fox, wouldn't this be alot worse?

superstition
09-06-2008, 06:59 PM
She also explained in the profile that her curiosity and love of writing made journalism a natural choice.

“I was always asking everyone the questions, and I still am today,” Palin told the magazine.
Oh, I see, she likes to ask the questions, not answer them.

link (http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/NEWS0106/80904006)

A senior McCain campaign official advises that, despite the gaggle of requests and pressure from the media, Gov. Sarah Palin won't submit to a formal interview anytime soon. She may take some questions from local news entities in Alaska, but until she's ready -- and until she's comfortable -- which might not be for a long while -- the media will have to wait. The campaign believes it can effectively deal with the media's complaints, and their on-the-record response to all this will be: "Sarah Palin needs to spend time with the voters."

Not out of the question are appearances on lighter, fluffier television shows. But -- not for a while.

link (http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/no_interviews_till_shes_ready.php)

superstition
09-06-2008, 07:01 PM
snip
Please edit your post to discuss just the video or related matters.

Xisbum
09-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Wow. Guess the Thought Police doesn't quite grasp a little satire when they see it. Or, as Col. Jessup said, they can't handle the truth.

Disappointing, very disappointing. Thought this was the U.S. of A. :-(

superstition
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow. Guess the Thought Police doesn't quite grasp a little satire when they see it. Or, as Col. Jessup said, they can't handle the truth.

Disappointing, very disappointing. Thought this was the U.S. of A. :-(
This is a privately owned forum run by a business. It's their prerogative to censor. We don't have to like it, of course. We can complain and hope they'll agree with us. But, in the end, we're at their mercy (they can delete/ban at their convenience) just as they are at ours (we could all post elsewhere and buy products elsewhere).

xtremerunnerars
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
hilarious. thank you for the awesome post.

TonyB
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Wow, what's up with the po-lice?

superstition
09-08-2008, 08:31 PM
McCain, Barack Obama and Joe Biden all subjected themselves to tough questioning on the regular Sunday news programs. Palin was the only no-show. And it's not just the Sunday interviews. She has not opened herself to any serious questioning since McCain picked her to be next in line for the presidency.

McCain's advisers clearly don't trust Palin to answer questions about policy and don't want her to answer many of the questions that have been raised about her tenure as governor of Alaska.

Rick Davis, McCain's campaign manager, gave the game away when he said on "Fox News Sunday" that she would not meet with reporters until they showed a willingness to treat her "with some level of respect and deference."

Deference? That's a word used in monarchies or aristocracies. Democracies don't give "deference" to politicians. When have McCain, Obama, Biden or, for that matter, Hillary Clinton asked for deference?
link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090801907.html)

superstition
09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
The Daily Show: "Reformed Maverick"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvehP7vV9s