PDA

View Full Version : Back/hip muscle pain?

gocard
09-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Lately, I've been feeling some pain on my lower left back/hip area - it only happens when I'm pulled out wide or have to do some off-balance shot. I think it could have originated from my one hand backhand due to technique when I was learning it on my own, but now I'm paying special attention to do the proper weight transfer into my shot and proper torso windup instead of kind of jerking my torso at times.

However, I can't seem to feel that pulled muscle or pain when I try to have it massaged out. Does anyone have a similar experience and how should I go about treating it? It comes and goes - I try not to be in the position to be pulled out wide or have to go for that awkward shot, but sometimes it does happen, and that's when I feel that pain again. I want to be able to treat it and have it to go away! :???:

SystemicAnomaly
09-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Do you play left-handed or right-handed?

Do you ice the area regularly? You might also try a warm/hot shower right before heading out to the courts. Work the muscles of the problem area under the warm water to help relax them. Some dynamic stretching prior to play can also help. Static stretches after you play.

You might also look into better shoes &/or orthotics. Your feet can seriously affect your lower back and hips.