PDA

View Full Version : Who's the most famous person to go to your school?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm super bored so I'm wondering if anyone famous went to your school. Doesn't have to be UBER FAMOUS, just well-known.

As for my school (John Hersey High School, Arlington Hights, Ill.) a guy called Steve Chen went there. If you don't know who he is, he co-founded youtube. Pretty Cool, eh?

ilovecarlos
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Nils Lofgren

MTChong
09-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Are we talking high school or college? If high school (I assume it is), Bill Cartwright and I think football players, Adrian Ross and Lance Briggs. Someone who made more recent news is Stephanie Cox, who played on the US Olympic Women's Soccer team.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Are we talking high school or college? If high school (I assume it is), Bill Cartwright and I think football players, Adrian Ross and Lance Briggs. Someone who made more recent news is Stephanie Cox, who played on the US Olympic Women's Soccer team.

High school is better but if you went to a small college, it's better because we aren't getting info we already know.

By the way- LANCE BRIGGS?! He's my favorite player!

mhstennis100
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Michael Dell
Kevin Ahrens (got drafted by Toronto Blue Jays first round in 07)
Koby Clemens (Roger's son)

Memorial High School http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_High_School_(Hedwig_Village,_Texas)

Gmedlo
09-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Meghan Quan (now Meghan Jendrick), olympic gold medalist in some swimming event at the 2004 olympics.

Oh, and me. :lol:

uni
09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, Matt Dillon used to go to my middle school when he was younger, and also one of the students from school of rock goes to my school

Jesse Mcartney went to a school that my friend goes to in ardsley

Barricade V
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
miley cyrus

GS
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
George Thorogood. My cousin is his drummer.

ZoomUltraflight
09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Todd sauerbrun (punter in NFL, but he got caught for using steriods--yeah, a PUNTER using steroids....)

Mick Foley-wrestler

Kevin James- actor known from "king of queens"

fancykookin
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Dan Brown- wrote da vinci code
Mark Zuckerberg- facebook creator
Franklin Pierce- 14th pres.

persondudething
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
ethan hawke and brian singer (directed x-men and house i think) went to my highschool

heycal
09-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, Matt Dillon used to go to my middle school when he was younger, and also one of the students from school of rock goes to my school

Jesse Mcartney went to a school that my friend goes to in ardsley

Ah, a Westchester boy. Join the club.

vbranis
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Billy Steinberg, songwriter. He wrote the lyrics to "Like A Virgin" and "I Drove All Night".

Also, Stefani Schaeffer, winner of the Apprentice (I forget which season).

MTChong
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
High school is better but if you went to a small college, it's better because we aren't getting info we already know.

By the way- LANCE BRIGGS?! He's my favorite player!

In that case, since I consider my college pretty small, I'll name one alum. Dr. Seuss!

fishuuuuu
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Michael Dell, Walter Cronkite, Matthew McConaughey

NickC
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Ah, a Westchester boy. Join the club.

I'm from Greenwich/Rye Brook. Can I join? I've got a few friends over in Ardesly! Are there more people on TT from Westchester County than I know about?

My highschool

~John Sullivan (4 year starting center for Notre Dame football team, now with the Minnesota Vikings)
~Steve Young
~the guy who wrote The Bucket List I should know his name (he was my class's guest speaker at our graduation) but it escapes me...

That's all I can think of for now...

BGB.CA
09-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper

MLoutch
09-09-2008, 09:08 PM
High School:

Dennis Quaid (actor), Randy Quaid (actor), Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek), Jose Cruz Jr. (MLB baseball) Chuck Knoblauch (MLB Baseball), Emeka Okafor (NBA), Trey Wilson (Actor), Chris Young, (Actor), Richard Linklater (hollywood director).

The Quaid's lived 4 houses down from us.

Our Baseball program has won 7 state titles and has been one of the top national programs since the late 60's.

MLoutch
09-09-2008, 09:18 PM

HMMMM

A Dropout, A Dinosaur and a Stoner??? WAY TO GO TEASIPS!!

Yes Dell is a gazillionaire - But he did drop out i think before his sophmore yr at UT- also we were in elementary school together and his dad was my Dentist. kinda cool looking back.

heycal
09-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm from Greenwich/Rye Brook. Can I join? I've got a few friends over in Ardesly! Are there more people on TT from Westchester County than I know about?

I'm afraid not. Not only is Greenwich not in Westchester (and Rye Brook shouldn't be), but you've misspelled "Ardsley". However, should a southwestern Connecticut clique materialize here at TT, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you.

As to your other question, there are one or two other Westchester folks that I know about.

Leelord337
09-10-2008, 12:05 AM

i went to san jacinto college north campus for my associates degree here in houston. Both Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte went there and played on the baseball team . No Joke.

BreakPoint
09-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Believe it or not, Michael Barkann went to my high school. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

MLoutch
09-10-2008, 07:11 AM
i went to san jacinto college north campus for my associates degree here in houston. Both Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte went there and played on the baseball team . No Joke.

There are about a dozen top players in MLB who went thru San Jac - evan more so for the Basketball program - i wouldn't be surprised of some crazy number like 15 to 20% of the players in the NBA didn't pass thru San Jac for their first two years. They have won a ton of Juco nat'l titles.

Dedans Penthouse
09-10-2008, 07:26 AM
OP: Can we include infamous? Otherwise, I've got nothing~!

:razz:

diegaa
09-10-2008, 07:32 AM
ok, here:
Cornelio Saavedra, Moreno , Paso , Belgrano, Castelli, Alberti, Domingo French, Martín Miguel de Güemes, Nicolás Rodríguez Peña, Manuel Dorrego, Antonio Balcarce, Narciso de Laprida, Juan Martín de Pueyrredón, Bernardino Rivadavia, Vicente López y Planes, Miguel Cané, Esteban Echeverría, Vicente Fidel López, Juan Bautista Alberdi,Carlos Pellegrini, Roque Sáenz Peña, Marcelo T. de Alvear, José F. Uriburu, Agustín P. Justo, Bernardo Houssay, Carlos Saavedra Lamas , Luis Agote, Ignacio Pirovano, Estanislao Zeballos , Luis Mª Drago, Rafael Obligado, Ricardo Güiraldes, Baldomero Fernández Moreno, Julio A. Roca, José Ingenieros, Juan B. Justo, Alfredo Palacios.
Just to mention a few. Many of those were Presidents of Argentina. There are well known scientifics and some nobel prize winners too.

fishuuuuu
09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
HMMMM

Yes Dell is a gazillionaire - But he did drop out i think before his sophmore yr at UT- also we were in elementary school together and his dad was my Dentist. kinda cool looking back.

Aggies always have something to cry about.

Dedans Penthouse
09-10-2008, 09:24 AM
ok, here:
Cornelio Saavedra, Moreno , Paso , Belgrano, Castelli, Alberti, Domingo French, Martín Miguel de Güemes, Nicolás Rodríguez Peña, Manuel Dorrego, Antonio Balcarce, Narciso de Laprida, Juan Martín de Pueyrredón, Bernardino Rivadavia, Vicente López y Planes, Miguel Cané, Esteban Echeverría, Vicente Fidel López, Juan Bautista Alberdi,Carlos Pellegrini, Roque Sáenz Peña, Marcelo T. de Alvear, José F. Uriburu, Agustín P. Justo, Bernardo Houssay, Carlos Saavedra Lamas , Luis Agote, Ignacio Pirovano, Estanislao Zeballos , Luis Mª Drago, Rafael Obligado, Ricardo Güiraldes, Baldomero Fernández Moreno, Julio A. Roca, José Ingenieros, Juan B. Justo, Alfredo Palacios.
Just to mention a few. Many of those were Presidents of Argentina. There are well known scientifics and some nobel prize winners too.
Impressive alumni list! .... when were you expelled?

:-)

heycal
09-10-2008, 09:28 AM
ok, here:

Let's see a raise of hands: Who stopped reading this post after the fifth name or so?

vbranis
09-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Let's see a raise of hands: Who stopped reading this post after the fifth name or so?

*raises hand timidly*

heycal
09-10-2008, 09:35 AM
*raises hand timidly*

:)

We're just teasin' ya, Diegaa.

Hey, vbranis, is People's Express still running those shuttle flights between Palm Springs and Cluj, or did they discontinue that route?

duketennisgal
09-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I can only think of one but to me it's huge.

Michael Jordan (high school)

*breaksracquet
09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Timberland (rapper/music producer) went to my high school back home in VB (Salem HS). Missy Elliot went to high school down the road from ours (Indian River). Curtis Strange (PGA Golfer, won US Open), Pharell and Chad Hugo (The Neptunes/NERD) went another high school in the same district (Princess Anne HS). Plaxico Burress (NY Giants WR, caught winning TD in last years super bowl) went to high school five minutes away from my parents home in VB (Green Run HS).

vbranis
09-10-2008, 10:04 AM

Hey, vbranis, is People's Express still running those shuttle flights between Palm Springs and Cluj, or did they discontinue that route?

No, I think that route's been gone for a while now.:(

diegaa
09-10-2008, 10:09 AM

I know, and probably you were right... besides I know you wont know those names.... :)

diegaa
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Impressive alumni list! .... when were you expelled?

:-)

amazingly i lasted till the end. dont know how though... :p

Dedans Penthouse
09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
amazingly i lasted till the end. dont know how though... :pLOL~! I know exactly what you mean; same with me. :-)

goober
09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
High school:

Pete Sampras: attended till his junior year, did not graduate.
Bill Laimbeer- Detroit Piston bad boy
Former Senator George Felix Allen
Brooke Theiss- Actress
Mark Acres- played for Boston Celtics.
Dana Rohrabacher U.S. House of Representatives
John Philbin- Actor

Vincescourt
09-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Roscoe Parish. Andre Johnson (Bills and Texans) and former Senator Bob Graham

ilovecarlos
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
OP: Can we include infamous? Otherwise, I've got nothing~!

:razz:

Oh I beg to differ, most Beloved.....nothing can top you***bats eyelashes***

Leelord337
09-10-2008, 01:28 PM
High school:

Pete Sampras: attended till his junior year, did not graduate.
Bill Laimbeer- Detroit Piston bad boy
Former Senator George Felix Allen
Brooke Theiss- Actress
Mark Acres- played for Boston Celtics.
Dana Rohrabacher U.S. House of Representatives
John Philbin- Actor

what school was that? Champions HS???

Tallahassee_Technifibre
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
We had Cheryl Hines( Larry david's wife in Curb your enthusiasm) go to Leon high she always runs the reunions since on1 else went there. And some other even less known actors went there as well.

goober
09-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Public high school in Socal- Palos Verdes High. I am sure there are many elite prep schools around the country that have much more impressive list of alumni.

mhstennis100
09-10-2008, 02:09 PM

What school did you go to?

Satch
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Ana Ivanovic...

fishuuuuu
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
What school did you go to?

University of Texas at Austin

mhstennis100
09-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Nice, I saw we both had listed Michael Dell and I was wondering if you had gone to Memorial. My cousin is at UT now.

D-Bomb
09-10-2008, 07:12 PM
from my high school there's

Amani Toomer of the New York Giants
Maurice Jones-Drew of the Jacksonville Jaguars
D.J. Williams of the Denver Broncos

and from the sister school across the street, Natalie Coughlin, Olympic swimming gold medalist

MLoutch
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Aggies always have something to cry about.

Nope, even worse i'm a COOG, went there way back when to play tennis when they still had a mens team (gotta love how they handled title IX)
then I got my masters at Rice.
My wife and oldest son are the Aggie's, much to my dismay.

HyperHorse
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Grant Hackett (Swimmer)...
I went to Merrimac State High on the Gold Coast...
He is 2yrs younger than I..

mcpon
09-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Jackie Robinson was

heycal
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Jackie Robinson was

Did you guys go here?

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/browse_school/ca/16979

mcpon
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Ha ha. :lol: I was actually talking about college. I apologize if that's not allowed.

heycal
09-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Ha ha. :lol:

Ya liked that one, huh? Here's a joke in the same vein: Lou Gehrig goes to the doctor because he's not feeling well. The doctor comes in after running some tests and says "I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you. It turns out you have Lou Gehrig's disease..."

Duzza
09-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Not sure if yanks would know them, but Hamish Blake and Ryan Shelton who are both comedians and work with Rove and stuff...household names here.

lethalfang
09-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Joe DiMaggio and OJ Simpson went to my high school.

davey
09-11-2008, 12:21 AM
HMMMM

Cronkite is more than just a dinosaur. If today's news media had half the integrity and backbone of Cronkite you wouldn't see all the knee jerk crap on the news. In his heyday Cronkite was the most trusted man in America. Today no one bothers to keep track of such things because no one even comes close to commanding that type of respect across nation.

hollywood9826
09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
My School sucks for famous peeps.

David R. Craig - Harford County Executive and former State Senator.
Barry Glassman - Maryland State Delegate
Mary-Dulany James - Maryland State Delegate, District 34A

and thise ra&b group 4PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_P.M.

heycal
09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
My School sucks for famous peeps.

David R. Craig - Harford County Executive and former State Senator.
Barry Glassman - Maryland State Delegate
Mary-Dulany James - Maryland State Delegate, District 34A

and thise ra&b group 4PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_P.M.

Agreed. .

goober
09-11-2008, 09:00 AM

Actually I forgot another tennis player from my high school: Eliot Teltscher, former #6 ATP singles ranking and current head of the USTA high performance tennis. Too bad I didn't play tennis back in high school- lol.

Vitaly Evchenkov
09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Eric Metcalf: University of Texas, Cleveland Browns (retired)
Terrence Wilkins: University of Virginia, Indianapolis Colts
Casey Crawford: University of Virginia, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gibran Hamdan: Indiana University, Buffalo Bills
Kate Ziegler (2006):
Won the 800 and 1500 meter freestyles at the 2005 World Aquatics Championships in Montreal, Canada
Set the American record for the 1650 freestyle[citation needed]
Earned a gold medal in the 800 and 1,500 meter freestyle events at the 2007 World Aquatics Championships in Melbourne, Australia
Holds the World record in the Women's 1500 meter freestyle
Pat McGee (1991): Singer, songwriter, guitarist; founding member and frontman of the Pat McGee Band.

nCode747
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Terrence Coli, writer for the popular drama One Tree Hill.
James Degorski, who is awaiting trial for the infamous Brown's Chicken massacre.
Leslie Erganian, artist and television correspondent for the Hallmark Channel.
Vicki Gunvalson, from The Real Housewives of Orange County
Todd Hundley, Major League Baseball catcher who briefly held the single-season home run record for catchers.
Dana Kozlov, a general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago[8].
Rob Lorenz, Academy Award nominated movie producer (for Letters from Iwo Jima and Mystic River).
Kris Myers, drummer for the American rock/jam band Umphrey's McGee.
Jim Schwantz, National Football League linebacker who made it to the Pro Bowl with the 1996 Dallas Cowboys.
Mallory Snyder, from the The Real World 13, actress/model.
Patricia Jayne (Pat) Keefer, FAI Gold Medalist for longest Air Race in history - 24 days around the world

Fremd high school

TennisProdigy
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Serena Willians - Pro tennis player, I think around top 50 or so not sure.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
09-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Will Ferrell - Orange Coast College

tbini87
09-11-2008, 08:35 PM
ummm... i think mark and tom from blink 182 went to Rancho Bernardo High (18-R, 2-B) which was a few minutes from my house growing up.

tennispr()
09-11-2008, 09:29 PM
ricky williams from lewis middle school =o. reggie bush went to helix which was like 10 mins from my house

tbini87
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
ricky williams from lewis middle school =o. reggie bush went to helix which was like 10 mins from my house

reggie bush went to helix and so did alex smith! my high school team played helix a few times in the CIF finals at Qualcomm. i lost to Helix in the quarters of CIF one year. Reggie was amazing... just like in college (but even more dominant).

Vitaly Evchenkov
09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
it gets a little dumb when you mention schools "close to" your school. rule benders!

Gugafan_Redux
09-12-2008, 11:36 AM
High school:

Craig Kilborn (first host of The Daily Show)
Mark S. Johson (movie writer/director, Grumpy Old Men, Daredevil)

atatu
09-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I got nothing, when to a small private international school in Jakarta, Indonesia...but if we do the "close to" thing, I can say Barack Obama. College (UCSB) is a little better, Jack Johnson, Brian Shaw (Lakers) and the guy who anchored the 4x100 relay (swimming) at the Olympics this year (sorry my mind just went blank, was it Jason Lezak ?) plus the shorter guy on the beach volleyball team that won gold...

snowslider
09-12-2008, 12:10 PM
High School:
# Randolph Scott, actor
# Marvin Bush, youngest son of George H. W. Bush and brother of George W. Bush
# Johnny Mercer, American songwriter
# J. Sargeant Reynolds, politician and executive vice-president of Reynolds Aluminum Credit Corp
# Halsey Minor, founder of C/NET
# C.D. Spangler, former president of the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
# Gordon Gray, National Security Advisor to President Eisenhower 1958-1961
# James D. Robinson III, former CEO of American Express
# Roger Wilson, actor Porky's
# Seth Hancock, owner of Claiborne Farm, syndicator of Secretariat[1]
# Frank Wisner, CIA official
# Bosley Crowther, film critic New York Times
# James McMurtry, singer/song writer

averageguy
09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Barack Obama - politician
Michelle Wie - golfer
Steve Case - founder of AOL
Sun Yat Sen - founder of the Republic of China

Vitaly Evchenkov
09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
High School:
# Roger Wilson, actor Porky's

you win! *

Marvin Bush ????

* win by stretching "most famous" to the farthest extent. next will come "i knew a guy in h.s. that went on to appear in a velveeta commercial"...

snowslider
09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
you win! *

I didn't realize it was a competition. Typical for me though - someone throws down the gauntlet and I trip over it.

To his credit, he actually funded the movie Porky's as well. As for Marvin Bush, I've never met him, but I hear he's a really laid back guy.

Vitaly Evchenkov
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
i was just kidding snowslider.. no offense meant.

MomentumGT
09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
John Wayne before he was John Wayne. Glendale High School Socal.

-Jon

njohnson
09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Meg Ryan - Uconn

Ton of NBA stars at Uconn such as:
Ray Allen
Richard Hamilton
Ben Gordon
Diana Taurasi
etc

TheJRK
09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Richard Gere

snowslider
09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
i was just kidding snowslider.. no offense meant.

No worries. No offense taken! Besides, I KNOW you realize Porky's is the quintessential High School coming of age movie, right?

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Terrence Coli, writer for the popular drama One Tree Hill.
James Degorski, who is awaiting trial for the infamous Brown's Chicken massacre.
Leslie Erganian, artist and television correspondent for the Hallmark Channel.
Vicki Gunvalson, from The Real Housewives of Orange County
Todd Hundley, Major League Baseball catcher who briefly held the single-season home run record for catchers.
Dana Kozlov, a general assignment reporter for CBS 2 Chicago[8].
Rob Lorenz, Academy Award nominated movie producer (for Letters from Iwo Jima and Mystic River).
Kris Myers, drummer for the American rock/jam band Umphrey's McGee.
Jim Schwantz, National Football League linebacker who made it to the Pro Bowl with the 1996 Dallas Cowboys.
Mallory Snyder, from the The Real World 13, actress/model.
Patricia Jayne (Pat) Keefer, FAI Gold Medalist for longest Air Race in history - 24 days around the world

Fremd high school

Fremd? In the Northern Illinois Suburbs?

JMS
09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
High School:
Stuart Scott (announcer/reporter for ESPN)
Richard Burr (Senator for NC)
Reyshawn Terry (Played basketball for UNC)
Othello Hunter (plays basketball for Ohio State)

MLoutch
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Cronkite is more than just a dinosaur. If today's news media had half the integrity and backbone of Cronkite you wouldn't see all the knee jerk crap on the news. In his heyday Cronkite was the most trusted man in America. Today no one bothers to keep track of such things because no one even comes close to commanding that type of respect across nation.

No argument at all - for sure one of the greatest (along with Edward R Murrow) broadcast journalists ever.

I was just having fun tweaking the TEASIP -

Also Cronkite was at San Jacinto College (San Jac) before going on to
UT for his Jr and Sr years. San Jac has a LOOONG list of established alumni who went on to greatness after their two yrs there.

lethalfang
09-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I got nothing, when to a small private international school in Jakarta, Indonesia...but if we do the "close to" thing, I can say Barack Obama. College (UCSB) is a little better, Jack Johnson, Brian Shaw (Lakers) and the guy who anchored the 4x100 relay (swimming) at the Olympics this year (sorry my mind just went blank, was it Jason Lezak ?) plus the shorter guy on the beach volleyball team that won gold...

Brian Shaw doesn't count! :cool:

TennisLover17
09-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Mark Spitz :o

woodrow1029
09-12-2008, 08:33 PM
In that case, since I consider my college pretty small, I'll name one alum. Dr. Seuss!
What college did you go to?

woodrow1029
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Tim Daggett (Olympic Gold Medalist in Gymnastics)

BlahDow
09-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Lorenzo Neal and Tommie Smith went to my high school

0range
09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Michael J. Fox

MTChong
09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
What college did you go to?

Dartmouth in New Hampshire -- currently attending actually.

woodrow1029
09-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Dartmouth in New Hampshire -- currently attending actually.
Cool. I couldn't remember what college he went to. I was thinking it was one of the Boston schools, but now that you say that I remember hearing that before. I am from Springfield, MA about 5 miles from where he was born.

ChuDat
09-13-2008, 01:16 AM
no one except myself

babolat141
09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Tom cruise went to my grade school

UnPhzD
09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Athletes
Ray Pinney, Former National Football League offensive lineman with the Pittsburgh Steelers
Marc Wilson, Former National Football League quarterback with the New England Patriots, and Oakland Raiders
Michelle Akers, professional soccer player and member of the 1991 and 1999 world-champion U.S. Women's National Teams
Glendon Rusch, Major League Baseball pitcher
Terry Karg, Former Arena Football League QB with the Tampa Bay Storm and Connecticut Coyotes. Currently the Offensive Coordinator for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
Allen James, 1982, two time Olympian, 1992/1996 track and field athlete of the century at Western Washington University
Kristina Thorson, Pitcher for the Chicago Bandits of National Pro Fastpitch. Pac-10 Pitcher of the Year in 2006 for University of California

Arts & Entertainment
Rainn Wilson, actor (attended but transferred before graduating)
Sean Nelson, frontman of the alternative rock group Harvey Danger
Jeff Kashiwa, jazz musician
Sanjaya Malakar, 7th place season 6 American Idol Contestant

woot shorecrest lol

ChuDat
09-13-2008, 11:36 AM
I wonder were Chuck Norris went to?

Breaker
09-13-2008, 11:54 AM
The main character's mom from the movie Just Friends. Her name escapes me but apparently she's kind of famous.

lethalfang
09-13-2008, 01:16 PM
I wonder were Chuck Norris went to?

Wrong question.
I wonder what school went to him.

2ndserve642
09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm afraid not. Not only is Greenwich not in Westchester (and Rye Brook shouldn't be), but you've misspelled "Ardsley". However, should a southwestern Connecticut clique materialize here at TT, I'm sure they'd be happy to have you.

As to your other question, there are one or two other Westchester folks that I know about.

I live in bedford ny westchester

FreshStew
09-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Everson Griffen

ChuDat
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Wrong question.
I wonder what school went to him.

thanks for the correction

tennytive
09-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Hillary Rodham

pmerk34
09-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm super bored so I'm wondering if anyone famous went to your school. Doesn't have to be UBER FAMOUS, just well-known.

As for my school (John Hersey High School, Arlington Hights, Ill.) a guy called Steve Chen went there. If you don't know who he is, he co-founded youtube. Pretty Cool, eh?

Mike Tice - former minnesota Vikings coach.

T1000
09-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Chris Drury - Little league world series champion, junior olympic hockey team, scored last year for the us in the olympics, currently on the Rangers

Garret Brown - football player for University of Minnesota, currently on Chiefs

Todd Paul - tennis player

Justin Long - actor

chollyred
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Holly Hunter (actress)
Keith Thomas (record producer)

pabletion
09-07-2010, 10:43 AM
The President went to my school

Snipergene
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Marilyn Monroe went to my middle & high school.

dantesinferno18
09-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Joe mauer, Matt Burke, Paul molitor, and Josh hartnett....... I win..... O yea and notre dame's WR mike Floyd

joshburger
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
james blake, john mayer, and josh burger

Angle Queen
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM
We have none (that I know of).

But John Isner went to our rival Page HS Pirates. Bah! (and way, way before my time)

Migelowsky
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
the man who met Andy Griffith

Admerr
09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
I went to high school in Massachusetts with Kate Bosworth (actress). She was a grade between my brother and I.

Guru (rapper)

Molly Shannon (actress/comedian)

Nancy Carell (actress/ wife of Steve Carell)

There was also a litter of Kennedy's that I went to school with.

Wakenslam
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Chris and Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes went to my high school.

Peters
09-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Princess Diana came to my school when I was 13. It was about 4 years before her death.

get it in
09-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Michael Chang. He was in my English class until he dropped out to turn pro and play in Wimbledon. He won Roland Garros the next year. Yes, he was a smart guy. He took honors classes and advanced math. Quiet person, though. Hardly anyone knew him because he was so busy (go figure).

West Coast Ace
09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
HS: Rikki Rockett, drummer for Poison (and there was one Playboy Playmate - can't think of the name); Kyle Brady - tight end on the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

College: Lee Iacocca. Funny thing about Lee - there was an Urban Legend at Lehigh that he got an Electrical Engineering degree (brutal major) in 3 years; turns out he majored in Industrial Engineering (which we called Imaginary Engineering).

Mr.Brightside
09-09-2010, 09:54 PM
High School: Chevy Chase, Anderson Cooper, Claire Danes, Christian Slater, Shaun Donovan. And a few more less famous ones.

We'll find out about college once I go there.

Leelord337
09-09-2010, 11:46 PM
the movie, Powder, was filmed at my highschool

Legend of Borg
09-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Eric Clapton