PDA

View Full Version : Which thin Multi or Syn string(s) got teflon-like coating?

PaulC
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Which thin (1.20 or maybe 1.25mm stretched) Multi or Syn string(s) got teflon-like "never-get-dirty" and minimal-movement coating (white/natural color)?

-- Just got stumped by a pal who bought a strung racket from the famous bay, asking me to identify the string, which he really likes.

No idea whatsoever... almost feels like poly coating on a multi, pretty powerful yet soft stuff.

bladepdb
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I haven't heard of "teflon-like" coatings but you can find polyurethane on some of the Tecnifibre strings (NRG2 comes to mind). They claim it's "Silicon Pyrogene Lubritec" which personally is riffraff for "coated" =)

ClayisFun
09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
prince recoil has a teflon-like coating

the yonex 850 spin string supposedly has a slipperly coating too.

reflexace
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
head fibergel power has a coating and is quite slippery. comes in 1.30 and 1.25, but they both seem relatively very light and thin.

i like the paint coated strings as well, but have found them (fibergel power, yonex multis) to have very little durability even compared to other multis.

tennisfreak15347
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
head fibergel power has a coating and is quite slippery. comes in 1.30 and 1.25, but they both seem relatively very light and thin.

i like the paint coated strings as well, but have found them (fibergel power, yonex multis) to have very little durability even compared to other multis.

fibergel is by far the worst string invented. it WILL move all over the place,trust me.