PDA

View Full Version : New stringer question.

DannyE21
09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi I am new at stringing and I was working on the second racket I ever strung today and for some reason I released the tension without clamping it first and I lost tension in most of the mains and I only had a few more passes on each side and I would have been done. My question is if i were to take out all the strings at start over using the same string would it effect anything like playability, durability, ect.

tennisfreak15347
09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
it would probably give your strings the effect of a major pre-stretch, so I'd only assume that there would be alot more stiffness.

Cup8489
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
it would probably give your strings the effect of a major pre-stretch, so I'd only assume that there would be alot more stiffness.

yeah, i agree. it will feel really stiff, because all the creep has been taken care of. it will still drop off, but not as much. try stringing a little looser to compensate.

iplaybetter
09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
it will be fine, you can drop a pound or two, but most string should be just alright

tbini87
09-10-2008, 03:44 PM
i have done it before and it doesn't make that much of a difference. i guess it would be like really prestretching the strings, so they probably won't lose as much tension as quickly, but might not quite be as lively either.