PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre XR3 string??

*breaksracquet
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Anyone used this string before? I'm thinking about putting it in my N6.1 that arrived today. It is a 17g so what should I expect.

bladepdb
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
It's a good multi, not my favorite. I'd still take NRG2 and definitely X-1 over XR3.

Valjean
09-12-2008, 03:20 AM
XR3, a replacement for Tecnifibre's TrC, is a tougher multi designed to provide more control and not to perform like NRG2 or X-1.

Here is a recent playtest the USRSA did: http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2008/05/tecnifibre_xr3.html

*breaksracquet
09-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Thank Valjean for the link (the best, I must say)! I did experience some of the same factors when I was stringing this into the racquet last night (i.e. friction burn, redressing the tip for blocked grommets). In all, very easy to string. Wish I saw this before, as I would have not strung it so high (58 lbs, but the stringbed does seem a bit stiffer). But I wonder how it will compare to Natural Gut, as many play testers compared it as a good substitute. I will try and write a small review on my experience. Thanks again to everyone.

*breaksracquet
09-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Well, I just got done playing with this last night. Pros about the string is it does produce a good amount of pop, spin was easy to generate and I was able to pocket the ball easily for more control. My biggest gripe is, like almost all multis, I found myself straightening the strings after every rally; tons of movement with this string, more than expected. Overall, a very good string if you want to go full. The stringbed wasn't quite as tight as first predicted, and I would like to feel what it would be like to hit with this in a hybrid.

Valjean
09-13-2008, 08:14 AM
I would recommend that, as with most multis, you needed to raise tension on the crosses in order to cut down on string movement. And then there are string savers to resort to, as well.