PDA

View Full Version : Advise about stringing from a reel???

Carlito
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't have a machine so I usually take my racket to a shop to get it strung with packets of string that I buy. Labor is usually $10-$15.

Today bought my first ever reel. It a mini real of TiMo which is 125 feet. Should I take the reel to the store and just have them do there thing with it or measure it myself and cut it and bring it to them already pre cut. I was only going to use it on the mains of an Aero Storm.

Does any one know what is a safe amount to cut for the mains. I should be able to get at least 6 half sets from the reel but is it possible to get 7 if I am stingy about it? But I am also worried about leaving it short.

noobplayer
09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
just measure 40 feet, about 18 standard racquet lengths

TenniseaWilliams
09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
USRSA digest says the Aero Storm needs 20' feet for the mains, about 6.25 half sets on 125'. I would cut the half set and bring it to the stringer, less to go wrong that way.

Carlito
09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
USRSA digest says the Aero Storm needs 20' feet for the mains, about 6.25 half sets on 125'. I would cut the half set and bring it to the stringer, less to go wrong that way.

It doesn't look like I can get any more than 6 half sets from a mini-reel then huh? I guess Ill just measure 20 feet. No point in taking any chances.

Thanks guys