PDA

View Full Version : It was ZO awful

Lefty5
09-12-2008, 05:46 AM
I know, I should have listened to the feedback, Gamma strings are poor. However I really wanted to try the ZO orange because I love polys. I put in the 17g string and voila, within 15 minutes it broke.

$25.00 strings from big box retailer
$10.00 to get it strung

Breaking it in the first set - priceless.

I usually play with the softer and cheaper priced polys - Big Hitter Blue and Cyber Flash. I never ever break those, even at 17g.

Gamma needs to wake up. They haven't put out a decent string in 10 years. :evil:

TennezSport
09-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Lefty,

Where did the string break??? Was it a center break or a "shank you very much" breakage??? A lot of poly string (including CF) is subject to the SUVM syndrome.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Fedace
09-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Just my opinion but Gamma strings in general really suck. they always advertize as being #1 but i hate them

samster
09-12-2008, 06:48 AM
I stopped using Gamma strings because they are subpar compared to other available options.

Seacoast Stringer
09-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Gamma has come out with some real losers during the past few years. I don't mind the Live Wire line but there are soooo many other good options out there now and Gamma seems to have come up lame with any new good strings and certainly no good values.

Cup8489
09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
i definitely loved asterisk, but for the price, i could find somethin that got the job done.

just recently ordered a couple sets of tecnifibre e-matrix multis. at 5 bucks a set, it's worth a try :)

logansc
09-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I know, I should have listened to the feedback, Gamma strings are poor. However I really wanted to try the ZO orange because I love polys. I put in the 17g string and voila, within 15 minutes it broke.

$25.00 strings from big box retailer
$10.00 to get it strung

Breaking it in the first set - priceless.

I usually play with the softer and cheaper priced polys - Big Hitter Blue and Cyber Flash. I never ever break those, even at 17g.

Gamma needs to wake up. They haven't put out a decent string in 10 years. :evil:

Big Hitter Blue 17 is one of the best strings I've ever used, it's a well kept secret and I love only paying 7 bucks a set for it.

stormholloway
09-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I tried the Gamma Zo Tour, and still have a pack lying around. It felt terrible.

Anyone not hitting with Babolat VS is missing out on life.

Cup8489
09-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Big Hitter Blue 17 is one of the best strings I've ever used, it's a well kept secret and I love only paying 7 bucks a set for it.

not that big of a secret. i got half my friends to use it by now. they love the stuff.

TennisandMusic
09-12-2008, 09:54 PM
I thought the zo tour was pretty good in a hybrid in my RDS 002 tour's. Just too expensive really.

thomas martinez
09-13-2008, 02:54 PM
For years, I was a Gamma hater, but recently, I finally tried Zo Power and some of their other stuff. Overpriced, yes, for sure. But solid all alround not bad. I killed the hybrid of Power/XP 16 in about 2 hours at most of hitting, but that is common for me if I do not break it first. I've had a lot of players switch to Zo Power, since well, the stores I work in, that's one of the few polys we have and it's been a raving success. The XP again, over priced, but was pleasantly surprised by it compared to the regular Live Wire I had tried previously. Even a revisit to TNT wasn't unpleasant. The TNT2 is a vast improvement upon the original version. As for tour players using Gamma. You've got Donald Young, and Vera Zvonareva

AT92292
09-13-2008, 03:03 PM
woopse messed up

samster
09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
the thread title is ZO funny. :)

Ronaldo
09-14-2008, 05:45 AM
At least it is Zo much mo easier to string than Alu Power Rough. Zo was actually pliable.

Lefty5
09-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Lefty,

Where did the string break??? Was it a center break or a "shank you very much" breakage??? A lot of poly string (including CF) is subject to the SUVM syndrome.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

String was a shank break but a lame one. All I did was block a hard serve back and it was toast. I understand Poly's "USED" to be subject to the shank breakage but the new softer ones don't have nearly the same problem. Like I said, I play with only poly and it doesn't happen to me with Big Hitter Blue or the Cyber Flash or Cyber Power. I think the difference is the softness of the polys. Stiff poly's stink are are a rip (i.e. ZO Orange)