PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Bag / How Big?

sstchur
09-12-2008, 10:09 AM
I have only one racquet at the moment. I'm planning to get another (and possibly even another, but I don't see myself having more than 3 racquets).

Is there any reason to get a bag that has more than 3 slots? Obviously, this is very subjective and personal, but based on your personal experience, what might you need additional space for?

Typically, a 3 racquet bag is going to have some room for a bit of gear/non-racquet-things, right?

I'm just wondering if there'd be any point in getting a larger than necessary bag "just in case" (even though, I highly doubt even having more than 3 racquets).

Any thoughts on this appreciated.
-Steve

njohnson
09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
I got a 6 bag even though I will never have 6 racquets because of all the other crap I carry around. I put towels, sweatbands, new cans of balls, sunblock, waterbottle, etc in there so it takes up a bit of room. Also the price difference between the 3 and 6 was negligible so I went with the bigger. Toting it around isn't a huge deal, usually from the car to the court is maybe a hundred feet at most, it's not like I'm walking around town with it.

Il Mostro
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
6 Pack or compact 9 Pack is good for 3 racquets and the rest of your gear. It is pretty much a sure thing that you will need the extra space, even if you don't know it yet.

ATIRagePro
09-12-2008, 01:11 PM
It's always great to have that extra space for towels, shoes, grips, and anything else you might need. If you're gonna have 2 rackets, a 3 pack will suffice if you're not a *serious* tennis player. I can fit most everything I need in a 3 pack even with FOUR rackets in there. But that's just me. I carry everything in my hands. lol

jim e
09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
At the least get a 6 pack. I wish I got a 9, even tho I only put 3 racquets in there at a time. Figure other gear to take, if you shower at the club afterwords, need towel, soap, shampoo, lotion, deoderant, shoes, extra few cans of balls, (etc. that you want in there as well, ). anything smaller and you will be cramming stuff in there to get to fit.Size does make a difference! Bigger is better!