PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Topspin

Conquistador
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi i play with an oversize 110 sq inch racquet--i would like some string recommendations for the highest topspin string you can possibly get...i have problems hitting the ball flat i need something with extreme topspin..thank you for your responses

Djokovicfan4life
09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
If you want topspin then you need to ditch that 110 sq. in. frame. Trust me, I used to use the same size frame and it really limits your spin potential.

Demo some MP frames and work on your technique and the topspin will come. Strings are the last thing you should be worrying about right now.

ncode tour90
09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Get A Miplus That **** U Have Is To Big!

tennisfreak15347
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
big isnt always better, :lol:. agreed, get a Midplus frame.
*edit* however, to contribute to your question, I heard that Pro Supex Blue Gear was the absolute best string for spin monkeys.

TenniseaWilliams
09-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Strings don't add topspin. You don't need a different racquet. This RSI article The inch that changed tennis forever (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200601/200601science_inch.html) from 2006 talks about racquet head size and spin.

You should start a new thread in Tennis Tips/Instruction if you really want topspin.

strahan918
09-12-2008, 08:27 PM
I think Luxilon BB Rough and Blue Gear should help, although I do agree that your swing influences it a lot more. Also, a smaller head shape for your racket will allow you to whip your racket faster.

JW10S
09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
No string by itself will give you topspin. And anyone who believes you can't hit topspin with an oversized racquet must have never seen Kent Carlsson play. How you hit is more important than what you hit with.

2nd_Serve
09-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Try getting a midplus. I actually found more spin with a mid.

THen, find some strings, that you feel will increase your spin potential. Ask others around you. But it is mostly technique.

topspin
09-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm here:D

KiwiNuker
09-12-2008, 11:59 PM

LOL!
That is funny. xD

wyutani
09-13-2008, 12:26 AM

where is slice or sidespin?

Valjean
09-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Hi i play with an oversize 110 sq inch racquet--i would like some string recommendations for the highest topspin string you can possibly get...i have problems hitting the ball flat i need something with extreme topspin..thank you for your responses
When you can't find any of Toa's Twister around, try out Gamma's Ruff.

Ljubicic for number1
09-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Some silly advice here about going to a smaller head, 110inch racquets can produce big spin, the Bandit OS the POG OS the NXG OS are all spin monsters.

Which 110 do you use?

2handsbothsides
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
There is something special about Prince TopSpin with Duraflex 15L white in an oversize and at less than $6 is a must try for your needs. I get even better spin with the TopSpin in the mains and Forten Sweet 16 in the crosses which does a great job of locking the mains.

kelz
09-13-2008, 05:02 PM

haha, looks like you didn't choose that name for no reason afterall

Casco
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM

ALU Rough beats Blue Gear and all the other shaped strings.

lob-ster
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
does not ..................

topspin
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
haha, looks like you didn't choose that name for no reason afterall

lol Kelz, I'm in high demand. Nadal gets more of me than any other pro:D

where is slice or sidespin?

Haha, hmm I think they went out for pizza tonight.

Oooh I'd recommend a natural gut hybrid for more spin. Try BDE performance in the mains and a synthetic gut or co-poly in the crosses. Good value and amazing performance. Spin is mostly generated through technique. So check out the tennis tips part of the forum; there are lots of posts about the correct way to generate more spin.

goldenyama
09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Ummm yeah get a smaller racquet...Agassi, Chang and Muster never got any topspin, they hit flat shots and slices coz of their oversize heads.

These boards seem to have a majority of people who think that smaller is better...

What racquet are you using? The string pattern can affect spin. Also if it is too light/powerful/head-heavy it may be difficult to take enough of a swing to generate topspin without sending the ball out.

goldenyama
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
ncode tour90 - Why don't YOU Get A Midplus - That **** You Have Is To(o) Small

+ It got one of the worst reviews ever on TW - at least get a k90, then you can pretend to be Federer.

/Often see gomers and average baseline bashers using n90's and k90's
//Smoke 'em with my TT Rad OS

goldenyama
09-16-2008, 06:09 PM
And finally to answer the poor OP's question (he did post it in the strings forum after all, not the racquet forum)

Generally the thinner the gauge and more textured the string is, the more spin it will produce.

I have found awesome spin potential from Klip Armour Pro 17g. It is also very powerful though.

Kirschbaum Touch Multi 17g and K-Gut Pro 17g also have good spin for softer strings.

I used to use an Aramid hybrid and it was great for spin, but a bit hard on the arm. If you have no arm probs try an Ashaway or Forten aramid hybrid.

I'm sure some of the poly users here can reccommend you a good textured one if you hit big enough to reap the benefits of poly.