PDA

View Full Version : workout experience

0range
09-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I've been working out more rigorously these days... HOWEVER, my arms or legs usually feel like jellies after workout - no strenght at all.

Since I usually squeeze in a workout between classes, when I get to my next class I sometimes have problem holding a pen (especially after my upperbody workout).If I do hold up a pen my hands sometimes shake because I feel the pen's too heavy. (but of course I'm back to normal the next day.)

Anyways I workout to gain muscle that's why I usually use heavy weight with low rep; anyone have similar experience like mine?

(ps. I once played tennis after my leg/back day and my legs cramped like hell.... anyways really hope I get stronger soon!)

chess9
09-13-2008, 03:49 AM
Sounds good! :) You didn't leave anything in the gym, and that's how you get stronger.

I don't have days quite like that, but usually the day after a very hard workout I get a little DOMS.

If you play tennis after lifting you are going to have a poor session of tennis. If you can reverse the order, you will be happier.

-Robert

DOUG951
09-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I've never had problems picking up a pen, but after hitting the biceps and triceps sometimes I can not bend my arm very far. That Lactic Acid buildup is a killer.

Anyway if you are eating enough, you should be gaining muscle. I always feel like jelly after a workout. Especially after an upper body workout like you mention. May I suggest a cold shower right after your workout. That should help you recover and prevent soreness the next day.

maverick66
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
your diet could be bad. what are eating after you workout. cause it sounds like draining your body then not eating something good and crashing. get some protein and some liquid in you right after you workout. your diet is a big part of how much weight you gain or lose.

Mikael
09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
It's also happened to me often, not being able to write/type properly after a work-out. Usually after about 15-30mns it gets better. I don't think it's a bad thing... Like chess9 says it just means you worked out with a lot of intensity.

RestockingTues
09-14-2008, 12:09 PM
That sounds heavenly... :D Sometimes when I wake up after a hard workout the lactic acid build-up makes me happier than Christmas morning. Does anyone else feel good when they're sore or is it just me?

jserve
09-14-2008, 08:54 PM
your diet could be bad. what are eating after you workout. cause it sounds like draining your body then not eating something good and crashing. get some protein and some liquid in you right after you workout. your diet is a big part of how much weight you gain or lose.

^^^^^ Quoted so you read it again. Although I would recommend some carbs in addition to the protein and water.

DOUG951
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
That sounds heavenly... :D Sometimes when I wake up after a hard workout the lactic acid build-up makes me happier than Christmas morning. Does anyone else feel good when they're sore or is it just me?

Lets just say I live for the soreness the next day. Everyone hates me because I am sore everyday of the week.....!

xtremerunnerars
09-16-2008, 03:29 PM

I agree completely!

Ronaldo
09-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Recall this type of intense workout from back in the Nautilus days, train to failure. Typically could not walk or even stand after the leg workouts.