PDA

View Full Version : k gut string...

roddickslammer
09-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Can anyone tell me what they thought of the wilson k gut 16g string? How does it compare to the wilson extreme synthetic 16g string?

Valjean
09-13-2008, 09:25 AM
More power, better comfort, touch and feel, and durability than Wilson's Extreme Synthetic Gut. Whereas when compared to its actual competitors of similar make-up and construction Extreme does well, about the only advantage it has over K-Gut, and should due to its added center core, lies in Extreme's spin potential.

In addition here is what 35-40 USRSA playtesters of varying abilities and skill types said: http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2008/03/wilson_k_gut_16.html

mellofelow
09-13-2008, 10:24 AM
In addition here is what 35-40 USRSA playtesters of varying abilities and skill types said: http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2008/03/wilson_k_gut_16.html

Excellent link! Thanks. Great source for reviews based on a large team of testers on against a product.

2nd_Serve
09-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Multifilaments are generally better than synthetic guts. So you could expect better playability. But not many people liked K-Gut. But still, you may. Try it out.

Bad Dog
09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Multifilaments are generally better than synthetic guts. So you could expect better playability. But not many people liked K-Gut. But still, you may. Try it out.

Or to be more specific – most people absolutely love the great performance of K-Gut and K-Gut Pro, as both are among the limited number of elite multifilaments strings on the market today and are beginning to approach the superb benchmark qualities of Babolat VS natural gut.

What 2nd Serve is apparently referring to is that not many people liked the higher price of K-Gut and K-Gut Pro. :)

superstition
09-13-2008, 11:50 AM
"synthetic gut" is just single core nylon with a fancy name and sometimes some extra stuff (like the kevlar in "duraflex"). I wish people would stop using the term, invented by the string industry, to make it seem like more than it is. We don't call kevlar "super crisp gut" and don't call poly "super spin gut". Why should we call nylon "synthetic gut"? It's silly.

Topaz
09-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm a big fan of K-gut 17. Just not a fan of the price! :(

Bad Dog
09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm a big fan of K-gut 17. Just not a fan of the price! :(

Yes, I’m a big fan of K-Gut and K-Gut Pro as well – and wouldn’t it be nice to buy a Lexus for the price of a Toyota. :)