PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid combination with Head Rip Control

Gee
09-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Lately I purchased a new Tecnifibre TFight 335 18x20. Now I am looking for the best hybrid string combination. I prefer thinner gauges because its better playibility.
As I like Head Rip Control 17 very much because of its good control, great spin potential and soft feel I want to use this one into the mains and another string into the crosses that adds a bit more pop and prevent string movement.
I think a poly string can manage this well. However I don't like stiff polys. So I am looking for a soft poly with a decent amount of pop.
For this purpose I consider to choose Head Sonic Pro. (It seems to be one of the softest poly strings and it is explosive as well).

Do you think this hybrid combination of Head Rip Control / Head Sonic Pro is a good choice in my case?

aussie
09-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm looking for advice as well on a cross to use with RIP Control 16. Currently using full RIP 16 setup which is nice, but looking for a cheaper syn gut which will complement the RIP mains, but bring the price down. I'm thinking Forten Sweet or Pro Supex Titan possibly as a cross, but will these soften the string bed too much? Any opinions?

TheRed
09-13-2008, 04:48 PM
use rip control in the crosses. It's better as a cross. It'll last much longer in the cross, and you'll get all the playability of a main string. RIP control locks the mains in and ends up preventing the mains from moving.

get it in
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Gee, Aussie,

What were the results of your stringing? I'm thinking of going with the same and wanted to know what others' experience with that combination were. Thanks.

meowmix
05-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm looking for advice as well on a cross to use with RIP Control 16. Currently using full RIP 16 setup which is nice, but looking for a cheaper syn gut which will complement the RIP mains, but bring the price down. I'm thinking Forten Sweet or Pro Supex Titan possibly as a cross, but will these soften the string bed too much? Any opinions?

I strung mine with forten tournament nylon in the crosses, and it's not too bad. Then again, I don't really like polyester overly much, but although this felt like polyester, it was relatively soft. Still didn't like the string, but it was relatively soft and comfortable.