PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon 5-Star

Casco
09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
5 Star has been out a while - much longer than ALU spin. Looking at the RSI Poly chart, it is very stiff and thick, both of which I favor. I also like textured string - ALU Rough is my regular string. So I'm thinking, 5 Star could have a lot of potential for me. Anyone out there (who likes Luxilon and other stiffer polys already) have any experience with Lux 5 Star? Thanks!

Casco
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Anyone????

NickC
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
From what I've heard, 5 Star isn't that good of a string. If you use Alu Power Rough, why not just stick with that? Or just go with Alu Power Spin? IMO, Alu Power Spin is one of the best spin-oriented polys out there.

nadalfan!
09-14-2008, 04:29 PM
5 Star has been out a while - much longer than ALU spin. Looking at the RSI Poly chart, it is very stiff and thick, both of which I favor. I also like textured string - ALU Rough is my regular string. So I'm thinking, 5 Star could have a lot of potential for me. Anyone out there (who likes Luxilon and other stiffer polys already) have any experience with Lux 5 Star? Thanks!

Go to stringforum.net and seach for it. Many reviews should come there and that's where people post everything....

Casco
09-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Go to stringforum.net and seach for it. Many reviews should come there and that's where people post everything....

Thanks for the input! I have checked stringforum.net in the past, and I don't think there was a lot of data (so not necessarily meaningful), but ratings were fantastic.

Take a quick peak!

http://www.stringforum.net/strings.php?sdnr=324&count=1

Thanks, again.

Steve Huff
09-16-2008, 04:30 AM
It's very durable. And for those I string it for, most really like it. Only 1 of the 5 has switched back to keep trying other strings. The 3 best features I've heard from feedback are:
Durability
String doesn't move
Easy to get spin
Hope that helps.

Burt Turkoglu
09-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Just started using them....been using Timo for several years with good success. I think I like these better. Easier on the arm too.

ollinger
09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I had five-star in a PK ki 15 PSE and didn't care for it. It was the least comfortable string I'd ever used in the racquet and control was not great -- I think the shape causes the string to allign with other strings in unpredictable ways, and so response off the stringbed is a little uneven.

BallBeemer
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I had 2 racquets. One with Alu rough mains and prince sythetic crosses. One with 5 star mains and prince synthetic crosses. Don't waste your time stick with the alu

T10s747
10-01-2008, 06:58 AM
ALU is undoubtably a great string except for the accumulative harshness.