PDA

View Full Version : Wilson NXTs wear out too quick?

mwahsun
09-13-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm not much of a string breaker but I've been ripping through a set of NXT 17 in a matter of a weeks worth of playing. I don't know if anyone else has gone through the same experience as mine.

Unfortunately, I'm not relatively on a high budget to replace NXT all the time and was wondering if strings like Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16 would be a good replacement for me. I hit with heavy top spin with a bit of power (left-handed).

Valjean
09-14-2008, 03:54 AM
How many weeks and how frequently do you play? Strings wear down before they break and both major string manufacturers claim no more than 30-40 hours of play life for their standard synthetic guts. If you're breaking NXT 17 at that point, then it's breaking just when that life is gone.

Both NXT Max and NXT OS within the NXT family offer better durability than regular NXT and should stand up better in your poly hybrid. NXT Max is actually the toughened version designed for frequent players. (Neither, though, comes in 17 gauge.) You could even try string savers with the 17, which can add up to 33% to your usual time.