PDA

View Full Version : In the Market for Strings

jpzsports
09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Hey,

My strings are starting to wear and I'd like to order my next string so I'll have it ready.

I have a Wilson nCode n5 110 racket and I use NXT Tour 16 strings right now.
My strings have been good but I was just wondering if there's anything new or improved out now. I don't tend to break my strings too quickly so durability is not a major concern. I'm looking for power, control, spin, and feel.
So what would you recommend for me?

I'm leaning towards the Wilson K Gut Pro. I've heard it's like an improved version of the NXT Tour.

Any recommendations/advice would be great.

Thanks!

PROTENNIS63
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
how often you pop strings?

Valjean
09-14-2008, 01:24 PM
In your case I would move to NXT OS, which is designed for your oversize model, first.

Richie Rich
09-14-2008, 03:49 PM
In your case I would move to NXT OS, which is designed for your oversize model, first.

good start. if the OP wanted to try Kgut however, there is the mini reel which reduces the price.

funny, i actually think NXT tour is the best of the bunch.

Daycrawler
09-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Depends on your age too; by the use of an oversized racquet, I'm going to generalize and say your either older or a young player just starting out. Since you dont break I would suggest Babolat Hurricane Tour 17 gauge with Xcel Premium 17 for your crosses. It will break sooner than normal but if you don't break that often it's not a huge deal. It's a soft feel when you hit it but you still get a good penetrating shot with decent spin.

Richie Rich
09-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Depends on your age too; by the use of an oversized racquet, I'm going to generalize and say your either older or a young player just starting out. Since you dont break I would suggest Babolat Hurricane Tour 17 gauge with Xcel Premium 17 for your crosses. It will break sooner than normal but if you don't break that often it's not a huge deal. It's a soft feel when you hit it but you still get a good penetrating shot with decent spin.

why recommend a poly to someone who doesn't break strings quickly and doesn't seem to be looking for the qualities that poly provides?

jpzsports
09-14-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks for the replies.

how often you pop strings?

I pop my strings about once every 2-3 months.

What is special about the NXT OS? Wouldn't the K gut pro be a higher quality string?

good start. if the OP wanted to try Kgut however, there is the mini reel which reduces the price.

funny, i actually think NXT tour is the best of the bunch.

You think NXT Tour is the best..hmmm....

Ya, I definitely like it and I noticed it was an improvement over the regular NXT. I was leaning towards trying the K Gut Pro since it seems like the newer version of the NXT Tour.

Richie Rich
09-14-2008, 04:17 PM
You think NXT Tour is the best..hmmm....

Ya, I definitely like it and I noticed it was an improvement over the regular NXT. I was leaning towards trying the K Gut Pro since it seems like the newer version of the NXT Tour.

nxt tour is totally IMO.

If you want to try kgut go for it. at least you can compare it to the NXT you are using and see if it's worth the extra $ for you.

ssjkyle31
09-14-2008, 05:36 PM
If you are willing to experiment try a range of string Kgut comes to mind and nxt Tour. Tecnifibre also is worth a try (NRG Biphase).

the wise wizard
09-14-2008, 06:03 PM
why not get some klip legend instead of kgut, or maybe x-0ne biphase

pow
09-14-2008, 06:31 PM
If you're ready to pay for some K-gut, instead try some real gut.