PDA

View Full Version : Don't ship USPS ground , it's way too slow

christo
02-04-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm sure that most of us buy stuff and want it ASAP, well if you do, DO NOT ship it USPS ground. I recently bought a racket from Chicago and it took 14 fricking days to arrive to San Francisco! Lance Armstrong could have put it on his pushbike and made it faster than that. By the same token a racquet from Fort Worth to S.F. took 2 days shipped USPS Priority mail and only cost $3 more. My advice is pay the extra couple of bucks.

ffrpg
02-04-2005, 04:02 PM
For sure, USPS Priority is the best way to ship a tennis racquet. It's quick and affordable.

loubapache
02-04-2005, 06:00 PM
USPS Priority for one racquet is only about $5.

Koz
02-05-2005, 09:04 AM
It seems as though USPS priority mail is the standard for shipping on these boards. I've always recieved my racquets within 3-4 days.

kv581
02-06-2005, 09:52 AM
What is the typical packaging like for using USPS priority? Do you have to package the racquet yourself? If so, how do you guys go about doing it?

Tour90
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
I think the best way to ship is FEDEX. Always an exact date of when the package will come. USPS doesn't update tracking numbers that often. UPS is pretty slow when it comes to ground shipping. Fedex is just a tad bit more but well worth it.

ChrisNC
02-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Plus, you can get delivery confirmation w\ Priority

TopSpinner
02-07-2005, 06:28 PM
To make the transactions smooth and as painless as possible you should alway send it USPS Priority w/ insurance and delivery confirmation. This should be still less than $10 to just about any where in the US and it usually gets delivered within 3 days.

Dopke
02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
It can be difficult to get to a Fedex location while most people know where their local post office is. For me, racquets usually run $5-$8 depending on how far I ship a racquet with USPS priority.

loubapache
02-08-2005, 07:44 PM
USPS Priority.

Join two large Priority boxes together and that is the perfect size for 1 - 3 racquets. there is really no need to add any padding because it take Safin to break a racquet.

Confirmation is only $0.45 extra.

joe sch
02-09-2005, 06:05 AM
USPS w/ priority is the best way to ship rackets. They even supply the boxes and 2 of the 1x1.5' boxes fit together perfectly to comfortably fit 2..3 rackets with padding

Dan Salter
02-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Christo, to be honest, if it took 14 days to ship, the racket was not shipped when you thought. From New York to LA, UPS ground will take 6-7 business days. I also agree that USPS is the way to go same region shipping will usually take 2 days while cross country will take 3. On that same token, when I ordered my klippermate, they shipped ups ground and it took 1 business day after shipping. This is mainly because of where I live and where they are located, but it shows that there is no way UPS ground could ever take 14 days. Another point to remember is that USPS will ship on saturdays while ups won't and don't be afraid to just put a racket in an old TW box and fill it with newspapers, go to www.usps.com, print the label, pay using a cc and give the package to the mail man. That's how I do it and you never have to leave the house.

10isbum
02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
USPS also delivers on Saturday whereas UPS does not. I've sent a racket on Friday, from California to Virgina, and it arrived on Monday.

stevewcosta
02-11-2005, 06:01 AM
UPS IS THE WORST COMPANY (volume driven, not service/quality oriented). They don't handle the packages with care. Every package I receive (work & personal) is damaged to some extent, many being crushed. FedEx and USPS Priority are much better.

christo
02-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Christo, to be honest, if it took 14 days to ship, the racket was not shipped when you thought. From New York to LA, UPS ground will take 6-7 business days. I also agree that USPS is the way to go same region shipping will usually take 2 days while cross country will take 3. On that same token, when I ordered my klippermate, they shipped ups ground and it took 1 business day after shipping. This is mainly because of where I live and where they are located, but it shows that there is no way UPS ground could ever take 14 days. Another point to remember is that USPS will ship on saturdays while ups won't and don't be afraid to just put a racket in an old TW box and fill it with newspapers, go to www.usps.com, print the label, pay using a cc and give the package to the mail man. That's how I do it and you never have to leave the house.
Dan, I checked the confirmation no. I was given and it was received by USPS and entered in their database PRECISELY 14 days before it arrived. I even called their cust. sevice hotline and they read off the date and time . From Chicago it went to Ohio and eventually to Oakland and finally to my doorstep.

vxb
02-13-2005, 02:52 PM
i use ups only and never had any problems. you also get up to $100 insurance for free and exact tracking info. it only takes 5 business days to ground ship from coast to coast.