PDA

View Full Version : Switch to Poly in the Crosses?

joletzring
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
For the past 6 weeks or so, I have been using Topspin Cyberflash in the main strings and Technifibre NRG2 in the crosses.

Recently I have noticed I am suffering from a little bit of elbow pain and shoulder pain. Do you think switching the Cyberflash to the crosses and putting the NRG2 in the mains might make a big difference? I don't want to get rid of the poly altogether, because I like the control and access to spin that it gives. Any suggestions?

T10s747
09-14-2008, 08:07 PM
You could try lowering the tension 2 lbs.

vndesu
09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
what kind of racket are you using?

smirker
09-14-2008, 11:08 PM
For the past 6 weeks or so, I have been using Topspin Cyberflash in the main strings and Technifibre NRG2 in the crosses.

Recently I have noticed I am suffering from a little bit of elbow pain and shoulder pain. Do you think switching the Cyberflash to the crosses and putting the NRG2 in the mains might make a big difference? I don't want to get rid of the poly altogether, because I like the control and access to spin that it gives. Any suggestions?

Try Cyberpower instead of Cyberflash. Softer string. Putting the NRg in the mains will drastically reduce the life of the string.

McLovin
09-15-2008, 02:59 AM
On the recommendation of people here, I bought a package of Cyberflash (17L) and mixed it w/ Natural Gut. I put the Gut in the mains and the Cyberflash in the crosses. I strung it @ 56 in a Fischer M-Comp, and after 4 sets of doubles, I'm sold.

Nice combination of pop, feel & control. I may raise the tension up a lb or two, but that's it. No arm problems, but I am coming from a Kevlar/Gut combination, so I guess this is like playing w/ a pillow by comparison.

I'm also paying attention to durability. If this lasts for 4 more sets of singles, I may even go to 17g gut (16g is in there now). I'm a big fan of thin strings.

joletzring
09-15-2008, 07:16 AM
The racquet is an older Wilson Prostaff 7.1 MP. I know I could drop the tension a couple of pounds. I was looking for something a little more creative than that. I may try putting the Cyberflash in the crosses and see how it feels.