PDA

View Full Version : Bosworth and other custom like Vantage..

TommyGun
02-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Just got my copy of the latest tennis Mag, and there are two pics of Bosworth there (one Martina, several of Brenda Schultz-McCarthy in her how to hit a twist serve piece) . The older pros seem to be embracing pure custom now (not big name custom).

Can Bosworth and Vantage gain a significant share of the player market?

PrestigeClassic
02-04-2005, 10:35 AM
No, it's what's known as a niche market.

jayserinos99
02-04-2005, 10:39 AM
TG, I'd have to say no unless there was a real monetary incentive for a professional to switch or if Bosworth or Vantage attacked the junior circuit much like how Babolat did it.

RyanC
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Im sure they'll gain a significant share of the market if they're willing to hand out enough free stuff and enough money to get professionals to use it. I was under the impression that Vantage is a start-up raquet company so spending money on players to endorse their goods would hardly be a good idea. The idea is right, simple product set to your requirements, but until they are visible in the market place or anywhere for that matter, I still can find no mention of them other than their site, they'll remain a very niche product.

robbieb
02-16-2005, 04:07 AM
it might be the only way for die-hard fans to get their racquet's spec as close as possible as their pro idols :D

Harry Johnson
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I own 2 Bosworth racquets.

I'm not trying to match any pro's specifications, I just know what I want in my racquet and I can't buy it off the shelf.

I wanted a 4 5/8 leather with a very sharp angle grip, head light, about 12.5 ounces, MP size, open string pattern and a very flexible accurate frame. I've looked, and you can't buy a frame with these spec's today. Bosworth made me two exact racquets exactly to the above specifications, and they fit my game perfectly.....A bit expensive? not really, not much more than the Head LM frames I was playing with and now I have exactly what I want......well worth the price and Bosworth is a pleasure to do business with........

--Harry

equinox
03-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm not trying to match any pro's specifications, I just know what I want in my racquet and I can't buy it off the shelf. There's not much point in amateurs using a custom designed racquet. Very few would have any ideas about what there ideal racquet specifications. Without a tennis evaluation by on court professional coach and viewing tapes of there matches an appropriate racquet customised to best match there stroke and style of play just isn't possible.
it might be the only way for die-hard fans to get their racquet's spec as close as possible as their pro idols Why? that is stupid copying the pro's setups. They have completely differing racquet requirements compared to the average i wannabe arod fan.

A Defenseless Creature
03-02-2005, 07:01 AM
How does someone get in touch with or learn more about the Bosworth frames?

TommyGun
03-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Harry,

Great post! Thanks for again confirming what I say all along, that custom is really the best way to go. I agree also, Warren and son Jay and everyone at his place are just wonderful people and great to deal with.

Harry Johnson
03-06-2005, 04:25 PM
www.bosworthtennis.com

Harry Johnson
03-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Equnox:

I agree, the begining player doesn't have much of an idea what they should play with and will typically buy many frames that do NOT suite their game. Bosworth would put them into a good frame they could easily grow with, but many beginners would balk at paying 4 bills for a frame for many good reasons......

That said, I don't think Bosworth is really targeting the beginner player, but makes frames for the more accomplished player (4.0 and greater) that have experience and a better idea of what they desire in a racquet other than good marketing or a flashy paint job.......

Warren and Jay Bosworth are true professionals that care about the game and helping tool better tennis players with the proper equipment....I seriously doubt Warren and Jay are getting rich off building frames for the amateur players, but more likely love the sport and helping take the equipment to higher levels for amateur players like myself.....

--Harry

The Pusher Terminator
03-06-2005, 05:46 PM
There's not much point in amateurs using a custom designed racquet. Very few would have any ideas about what there ideal racquet specifications. Without a tennis evaluation by on court professional coach and viewing tapes of there matches an appropriate racquet customised to best match there stroke and style of play just isn't possible.
Why? that is stupid copying the pro's setups. They have completely differing racquet requirements compared to the average i wannabe arod fan.

Actually Bosworhth has a questionarre for you to fill out and then he designs a racquet which he thinks would be right for you based on his evaluation of the the questionare. Of course you can always send him a video tape of yourself or even fly down to Florida for an on court evaluation. Furthermore if you dont like his specs he will simply change it. Or on the otherhand ...as your game improves or declines due to age or injury he will change the weight and balance of the racquet throughout your entire life...so in the end its actually cheaper as you will never have to buy a new racquet.