PDA

View Full Version : SPPP/PSG or Technifibre Pro Red/Gosen Micro

wumanchu23
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Due to various reasons and constraints, these two possibilities are presented to me. I want to buy a reel of each. Cost is an issue. But both combos are relatively similar in price. I'm currently using a MG Prestige MP. Any suggestions?

sk8ing
12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
blue gear and gosen much better especially on MG rad

racquetjunkie
12-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Tecnifibre Pro red code 17 is my favorite poly so far. I use it in my Fischer Pro 1s in the mains with a syn gut cross, strung at 54/57. Many people have commented it feels stiff, and I somewhat agree. It is crisp though and goes really well with my very soft (and well used) Fischers. I really like SPPP too, very soft and beautiful sound and is a good choice if you do think about going full poly..... Both maintain tension better than other polys I have tried. If there is no big difference in cost, for a 18x20 frame, my personal preference will be to go with a softer main (SPPP). Check out Nickbs' review of polys. I found that very useful. good luck. I think either way you are looking at good strings. (PS I personally cannot tell the difference between the various syn gut crosses that I have on hand, at the same tension anyway....)

supermario343
12-10-2008, 08:16 AM
blue gear and gosen much better especially on MG rad

I have the exact same setup on my K90...BG 17 mains and Gosen 16 crosses