PDA

View Full Version : Carry Ball Basket on bike?

budkid
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
To all those who want to save gas going to the local courts.

I was wondering how you carry your tennis ball basket while riding your bike. Of course, the conventional way of doing it carry it with your left or right hand while riding. Has anyone make some kind of bicycle hookup that carries your ball basket?

Schills
09-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I use a trailer to carry my basket and ball machine. Mine is a Croozer Cargo.

rabidturtle
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I've seen people secure baskets to racks on their bikes with bungie chords. What kind of bike do you have?

budkid
09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I just have a regular mountain bike. They secure it to the front with bungie cords?

Spokewench
09-16-2008, 10:55 AM
racks are usually attached to the back of the bike. Some bikes can take them some cannot. Your bike usually needs eyelets in the rear so that the rack can be attached. Do not ride a bike carrying a ball basket in your hand! It is not safe at all! What happens if a car pulls out in front of you and you need to brake?

tacoben
09-16-2008, 02:15 PM
If you have a rear bike rack, you can attach a large milkcrate on top of it, via wire ties, you can get from any automotive/radio shack store. A standard ball hopper (50-60 ball capacity) can fit in a large milkcrate.

volusiano
09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I have a regular mountain bike and bought a rear racket from Walmart that
can be attached to the seat post only, with no legs needed to clamp to the rear wheel. You can put your ball basket on this rack and secure it with some cord.

But what I actually do is get a Ballport 36-ball basket. It's small enough that I can just put the whole thing inside my Wilson tennis backpack and wear the backpack on my back when I ride. So that's another option.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I carry my rackets in my main bag and a little drawstring bag holds the other stuff. Try hauling the stuff on backpacks.

mtommer
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I just bungie cord my ball hopper to my racquet bag (it has backpack straps). It's pretty easy to secure it in such a way that it doesn't flop around too much while riding.