PDA

View Full Version : Whaddya think? VS Team 17 mains/Prince Topspin 16 crosses

goldenyama
09-16-2008, 04:46 AM
I just took my TT Rad OS in and got it strung with VS Team 17 mains at 60lbs and Prince Topspin 16 crosses at 57lbs - I will play with it on Friday, can't wait! Has anybody used a similar hybrid?

I am currently using a TT Rad OS with full Klip Armour Pro 17 at 63lbs and LOVE it, but could do with a touch less power, especially now that the coating has worn off.

I am also getting another of my Rads strung with full Pacific Tough Gut 17 at 62lbs. I have Tough Gut in my Avery M5 and I'm not sure if I like it yet, it will be good to do a direct comparison with AP and VS in the Rads.

Will post a review of the three setups after the weekend - which happens to be tennis camp out in the country with a bunch of young Japanese people, including some hot chicks:)

Steve Huff
09-16-2008, 05:25 AM
I think the rough Topspin will saw through you natural a lot faster than if you were to use a smoother synthetic. With an OS racket, you shouldn't need a textured string in the crosses to get spin.

goldenyama
09-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Hmmm I didn't think about that. I usually use 15-20 string savers so that should help it last a bit longer.

I get ample spin with my full AP setup, but I wanted to see if a spinny cross would add a bit more spin and lessen the power.