PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

ScovilleJenkins
09-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know what hotel(s) most of the players stay at in Indian Wells. I'm in the early stages of planning for a trip this year, and thought it would maybe be neat to stay where the players do. Last year someone told me that many players stayed at the Hyatt Grand Champions. Anyone know anything else?

Fee
09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Very odd place to put this question... Anyway to answer, the players are encouraged to stay at the Esmerelda and the Hyatt, but many of them are beginning to choose other places that are less well known and less popular (La Quinta Resort might be one of them). If you go to the official tournament website, you'll see a list of hotels suggested for ticket buyers. Those same hotels are suggested for the players (and press, and officials, and sponsors).

ScovilleJenkins
09-16-2008, 06:36 PM
thank you fee, i was hoping you would be the one to respond to this....and sorry for putting it in here, but this is an Indian Wells dedicated board so i decided to put it in here....hope that reason is good enough! haha

Fee
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
You know, it probably is a good place to put all the IW questions that come up each year, it just seems kind of hidden away somehow. :)

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Pro golfers have a definite advantage when playing in this paradise- Because they play in "Pro-Ams" for charity- Still considered one of the biggest social events in the valley-It allows these golfers to become freinds with many residents, who offer their homes to their guests in later years. Do you honestly think Nicholas or Palmer stay in hotels as they travel? Privacy and some of the grandest places on earth for them.
Which is ok, because I honestly think these guys have earned it.

Same goes for the LPGA and the Diana Shore, the older fans have a place in their hearts for the younger "girls" starting out- Some (and their parents) have been guests for countless years. For them, starting out, every little bit helps and I applaud this generosity in passing.