PDA

View Full Version : Reoccuring injury

MTXR
09-16-2008, 09:47 PM
So for the last 2 years, I have had a rotator cuff injury around the same time every year.

This year, I noticed the pattern and tried to eat well and pay more attention to my health.

But again...I recieved the same injury! I have tendanitus(sp?) with my rotator cuff and sprains the same as the previous 2 years.

I am beginning to think that it's merely an overuse injury and that the large amount of play in the spring and mid summer is really putting strain on my shoulder. I even scaled my playing down this year a little and this year it happened slightly later in the season.

Anyone have reocurring injuries like this? This injury puts me out for about 6 months. Once I am healed up, I could go all out again with no problems.

I think i may need to start lifting weights....

What do you guys think?

0range
09-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Start strengthening your rotator cuff muscles. Do a google search or talk to a physio (much better than me trying to explain it here.)

Roberto
09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I would recommend that you went to your doctor. You might have a rotator cuff tear and if so, that will not heel by itself.

MTXR
09-19-2008, 12:54 AM
The previous 2 years its I have been to the doctor. They just send me to physical therapy and i need to stop activity for a long time.

I think it really comes down to strengthening my shoulders... I might have to start lifting weights...

larry10s
09-19-2008, 05:06 AM
its not lifting weights you need rotator cuff rehab. which includes SPECIFIC exercises and flexibilty exercises. would still see a doctor first before seeing a physical therapist. not to pour salt on a wound but did you not think if you did not take care of your shoulder YEARROUND it would not /will not happen again?

MTXR
09-20-2008, 12:20 PM
i saw the doctor first on both occasions and they sent a referral to the PT.

I try my best to take care of it.

0range
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM
i saw the doctor first on both occasions and they sent a referral to the PT.

I try my best to take care of it.

Did you see the PT? sometimes they can do wonders.

MTXR
09-20-2008, 12:28 PM
yeah i saw the PT for the past 2 years..not this year though since i just got injured again and its pretty much the same thing...

I have all the exercises and what not from the past 2 years... I just have to give it like 6 months and it will be healthy again..

larry10s
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
get an mri see the doc and if you keepfailing "conservative" treatment you know what the next step might be(surgery) or some behavior modification