PDA

View Full Version : David Aames

fedex27
02-04-2005, 05:16 PM
david can you tell us where marat safin puts his lead tape and what does he have under the grip since you have one of his racquets?

david aames
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
From your question, I assume you want to put lead on your Prestige Classic and try to match whatever number his racquet is supposed to weight but like I said in a previous post it doesn't work this way. I actually have two of his racquets and the lead amount is different from one to the other since they have different specs to begin with...

You basically need 3 numbers - swingweight, balance and weight. Places who customize racquets for the pros use proprietary software that will tell you exactly how to distribute the lead. Sometimes, you just need a few layers at the usual places (bumper, 3 and 9 and top of the handle) sometimes you will inject silicone in the handle etc.

david can you tell us where marat safin puts his lead tape and what does he have under the grip since you have one of his racquets?

fedex27
02-05-2005, 04:54 AM
well can you tell us how much they weigh and where the lead is atleast? also swingweight and balance? how did you get these racquets?

Power Game
02-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Places who customize racquets for the pros use proprietary software that will tell you exactly how to distribute the lead.

Do you know the name of the software, and where it is available? I'm a stringer and I'm thinking about learning to customize.

acedu
02-06-2005, 07:52 PM
David how do u get all of these rackets???

fedex27
02-07-2005, 07:03 PM
David....the people have questions, please give us the answers